Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2000, 07:51 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Uh oh.......checked out Dotti's site and got the points for Cinnabons........17 points each!!! Okay, I'm thinking I'll cut one in quarters, and that will be breakfast tomorrow. There's no way I'll pass on one of those... I am glad I did check it out before hand. I truly thought they were maybe 10 points each, tops. How depressing!

On the bright side, I walked 2 miles this morning. Yesterday I did some new exercises, and w/walking on top of that today, my thighs are killing me!

Dianne, great going on banking those points! I find that I never bank points by going without..and I've got to give credit to anyone who does. It is cool to find that I've earned extra by exercising, however.

Let's keep up the good work everyone. We are strong and smart!

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 09-12-2000).]
Old 09-13-2000, 04:06 PM   #2  

YIKES! 17 pts No need for you not have it but like you said it'll have to be a small piece. I have a hard time banking also. As it is I usually stay hungry so I use all my daily pts. Once I tried doing low/high pts a couple of days & it did work but the days I did low I was hungry.

Way to go with the exercise. I did one of The Firm tapes last week & my thighs were hurting for 3 days! Keep up the exercise - you're doing great

Be back later to greet everyone.
Have a great OP day

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 09-13-2000).]
Old 09-13-2000, 09:17 PM   #3  

Good morning all -

Jen - I know how you feel - I thought those muffins I loved were 6 or 7 pts. Nearly had a heart attack when I found out they were 11!

Good for you, you can still have a piece, by cutting them up and you won't feel deprived. Is'nt that the whole idea? Plus with all the exercise you're doing, you should be fine. How does it work with extra points for exercise? Is that after you reach your 10 percent goal? :confused:

As far as banking points is concerned, I don't do that too often, but I just happened to make some good choices that day. I'm really trying hard this week to stay on program and I've been walking every night, hoping for a loss on Sunday, even a small one. I feel like I should have more weight off by now, so I've got to get serious about this.

Livingfit- Hi, you made me laugh about the tapes and your thighs hurting for 3 days. The most exercise I do is the walking and sometimes my legs hurt after that! But when it gets too cold to walk, I'm going to have to start using some of my old tapes. I have 3 ww tapes, a Richard Simmons "sweating to the Oldies" tape and a Cher tape. I'm gonna have to break those old things out!!

Hi, Terri, Myra & Pookemoon, hope you're all doing well.

Have a great day everyone -- talk to you later.

Dianne
Old 09-13-2000, 09:20 PM   #4  

As you can see, I'm trying out the "smilies legend" since I had never used them before.

Bear with me, please

Dianne
Old 09-14-2000, 01:15 AM   #5  

Hi Guys!

Dianne- Yes they are Entemens. I like them better than hostess.The icing is so thick!
I'll bet getting rid of that muffin made a big difference. WOW! That is an entire meal and then some. It was good though! If it melted in your mouth now you know why! LOL
I love my sweatin' to the oldies tapes. I love No. 1. My daughter and I do them.

A friend of mine is sending me some taebo tapes. Has anyone tried these?

Jenn- 17 points WOW!!!
Great going on the walk! I love to walk!

Livingfit-HAHA! 3 days. Know how ya feel!!!!! I did the treadmill in the hotel last week and my shins hurt for 4 days. I did some intense walking.

Pookamoon- Hope all is well!

Have any of you made the faux ice cream sandwiches?
You take a chocolate graham cracker (square)
and break it in half and put some light cool whip in the middle. Freeze!
They are .75 point for the cracker. Cool whip comes out to 0 so I just round the point up to 1. They are good.

Have a great day everyone!
Terri

[This message has been edited by points (edited 09-13-2000).]
Old 09-14-2000, 01:34 AM   #6  

Can I join the fun? Points told me about ya'll (I'm the one sending the Taebo tapes!) and I know mpinkham, too! My history in brief is: I'm 40, married, 2 sons (14, 11), was Lifetime and below Goal in 1987 (so long ago it feels like it was when dinosaurs roamed the Earth! LOL, points!). After the last was born I continued to go to my WW meeetings but over time found the lbs just crept on a little bit at a time. Now I need to lose a grand total of at least 60 lbs. So I can use all of the motivation I can get! I exercise with walking and working out with weights (will walk in the Breast Cancer walk 10/14 & Diabetes walk on 11/4 to get my big butt moving!). I work a FT job and a couple of other side jobs. Thanks for any inspiration you can give me! mc
Old 09-14-2000, 01:51 AM   #7  

Welcome 12BFIT!!!
I admire you for walking in these charity events! I would love to do that!
I still love the dinosaur roaming the Earth!!!!!
I know we can all give support here. We are all in the same boat! Right Guys?????
I hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!
Terri
Old 09-14-2000, 03:16 AM   #8  

Welcome 12BFit!! Glad to have you. I've only been here for about 2 weeks or so and I feel really comfortable. The women here are so supportive and Terri's right we are all in the same boat.

That's great that you will be walking in those 2 events. You sure will get your exercise in that way. Are you currently a ww member? I am lifetime also, lost 30 lbs and kept it off for 4 years. Then, got tired of doing it and maybe over confident that I could do it on my own. Big mistake, HUGE. Gained back half the weight and decided to come back. I'm back about 7 weeks and down 7 lbs and counting. Glad to be back and to have found this site for support.

Again, welcome and good luck to you!

Terri- thanks re: the entemann's cupcakes, I will try them. Talk to you soon.

Dianne

Dianne
Old 09-14-2000, 04:57 AM   #9  

Hello My Buddies ,

Dianne, I have about 20 exercise tapes. I try not to get bored. I gave away my Richard Simmons to a woman I was trying to encourage to exercise. She uesto work with me but winded up quitting so I never got the chance to ask her how she like it.
Oh well These smilies are so cute!

Terri, I absolutely LOVE Taebo. Now that's a workout. I have 6 Billy Blanks tapes. When you get them let me know how you like it

12BFit, welcome I think you're going to like it here.

Have a great evening everyone.

Old 09-14-2000, 05:55 AM   #10  

You are welcome Dianne! Hope you enjoy them!
I have one every night during the week.

Livingfit- Aren't they cute!!!!
I love them! is my favorite!

Have a great evening all!
Terri
Old 09-14-2000, 08:44 AM   #11  

DecemberDianne:
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I was at Goal and even went below goal for about 2-6 months (back in '87)! I enjoyed every minute of wearing slimmer, prettier clothes! I'm so looking forward to those Walks; not only for the great causes I'm going for but, yes, to get me motivated with walking. My legs will probably tingle, but I think that's from the FAT burning! heehee Thanks again for the warm welcome and I'll try to check this everyday!
MaryC
Old 09-14-2000, 08:49 AM   #12  

LivingFit426:
Thanks to you too for this nice welcome! Points (Terri) has been after me to join but I've been so busy! New, faster computers help, LOL! I own about 25 tapes myself (The Firm). I mailed Terri's Taebo tapes from work today; she should get them by next week! I sent the starter set plus the 8-minute one that's still in plastic wrap! I have an arthritic knee and can't do all of that kicking! Terri's gonna be Buffed! Watch out! LOLROF MaryC
Old 09-14-2000, 11:18 AM   #13  

I wish! Thanks MaryC. Let me know how much the postage was. I can't wait to try it! I'm doing the bowflex! Bruce is finally able to show me more. Poor Baby! Took him long enough. (I'm tired of his broken leg being the excuse he uses. LOL)
Hope y'all have a great Thursday!
Terri
Old 09-14-2000, 04:23 PM   #14  

Terri, my brother is a personal trainer & he uses the bowflex. He makes house calls
He's looking to open his own gym someday & wants me to be the receptionist. Check out wellcoaches.com & look under coaches & he's the head coach, Tony Rodriguez. I am so proud of him!!!

By the way ladies, after all this time no one knows my name. It's Essie

Will be back later. Have a great day MaryC,
Dianne, Jen, Myra (where are you?), Terri &
Pookamoon.

Have a great OP day
Old 09-14-2000, 04:27 PM   #15  

When you check out the wellcoaches.com, go under About Us too & his picture is there.
Gotta run
Essie
Closed Thread