Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2000, 01:08 PM   #1  

I started this new thread because the other went to 2 pages. I copied and pasted my message from there. Here is what I said on page 2.

Welcome Pookamoon and Happy Birthday!
Welcome Decemberdianne. I hope the 2 of you will stay with us and help us along. Decemberdianne- Congrats for only gaining half. Most gain all + more. I'm raising my hand. I'm a lifer from 1985. It has finally clicked. I hope it stays that way.
Myra- Be careful and have fun! You can do this!

Good luck on the fresh start Jen.

Well my dear husband got me 2 nights at the Candlewood Suites for some R&R. It was Heaven! I missed the kids though. He does this for me every year around mother's Day but this year he broke his leg in 3 places right before Mother's Day! This summer has been stressful. I needed that time. He has gotten to go on Business Trips (he has to work, I know, but there are still no kids around) I needed some time.
I gained 1 pound this past 2 weeks. We went to 16 restaurants while my parents were here. I was never so happy to see a gain of only 1 pound. We ate out every day twice a day. Started fresh too this week.
Terri

Old 09-05-2000, 06:15 PM   #2  

Hi Terri,

That was so nice of your husband to do that for you We all need R&R to keep our sanity. I don't have small children, my son is 29 yrs old but my job is stressful. I'm off today cause of a drs. appt.(eye exam)Loving it!!

You only gained 1 lb. after all those restaurants!! Congratulations to you. You could knock that off in no time

Have a great OP day
Old 09-05-2000, 08:44 PM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, what a treat! Glad you enjoyed your "time off". Good luck on your fresh start.

I got out early and took a nice walk this morning. It's cool and sunny here, a beautiful day.

Have a great day everyone......let's remember to drink our water!

Jen
Old 09-06-2000, 06:51 PM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone!
Terri, you've been the "glue" that's consistent in posting on this thread, and I want to thank you. It keeps us going!

Beth, I hope things have calmed down, and you're into a routine with the new school year.

Myra, how was your trip to Chicago?

Harley, Laurel, Pookamoon, Dianne, Living Fit, hope you're all doing well.

Yesterday was the first day in I don't know how long that I STAYED WITHIN MY POINTS!!!
I drove my brother to dr. appt. and physical therapy (he had surgery on his knee last Thurs.) into Chicago. Ran into lousy rush hour traffic, and didn't get home till after 6. As a result, I didn't munch my way through the dreaded hours of 4 to 6 p.m.! I guess that's one way to stay OP.

So, today I feel focused and am ready to do it again.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jen

Old 09-06-2000, 08:16 PM   #5  

Good morning everyone -- Sorry, I'm new to this posting business and I'm afraid I posted my messages thanking everyone for the great welcome messages to the last thread #19. Then I tried copying and pasting but that didn't work. Anyway, please accept my thanks to all. I'm glad to be back on ww and to come here to give and get support from you guys.

Terri, hope you enjoyed the wonderful treat your husband gave you, so sweet of him.

Myra, good luck in Chicago and don't worry too much about staying on program. You can get right back on track.

Jenny - glad to hear you stayed on program the other day - congrats.

I'm struggling a bit, but trying to stay focused. I lost 1.4 this past weigh in so I felt good about that, but this week I haven't been doing as well with pts. and walking. I'm going to try and do better from now to Sunday's weigh in. If I'm lucky, I'll at least stay the same! I hope, I hope, I hope!

Have a great day everyone. Talk to you soon.

Dianne
Old 09-06-2000, 10:58 PM   #6  

Thanks Livingfit,
You have a grteat op day too. I love hearing from you! Your posts are great!

Jen,
Thanks.
Hope you enjoyed your walk!!!! That schedule you described will surely keep you op. LOL
You are doing great!
Love your posts.

Dianne- great loss. WWWWHHHHHOOOOO!!!! Don't worry about this week. You just might be
surprised.
Keep posting. You will help us as well as we will help you! We are in this together.
Have a great day everyone!
Terri
Old 09-07-2000, 05:57 AM   #7  

Hello my cyberspace buddies

Hope everyone had a great 3 day weekend. Mine was OK didn't do anything special.

Terri, thanks for starting the new threads. I look forward to them. I thought about what your husband did for you & it got me to think about my brother & my sister-in-law. They have 5 kids & the youngest are twin boys. She is always home taking care of her kids & my brother is self employed & never home. Maybe I'll mention this to him & one of these days he could do something like this for her.

Has your husband's leg healed since he hurt it?

Jen, happy to hear you're focused I'm pretty good to sticking to my points all day but come the evenings I start craving a snack. It's always been that way for me no matter how I plan my points for the day. Here's to staying within our points range.

Dianne, you have a couple of days before weigh in so make sure you drink lots of water. Water is like a diuretic for me. It's a pain getting up in the middle of the night but it helps on the scale

Hope to hear from the others soon.
Have a good night everybody!
Old 09-07-2000, 08:25 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Living fit...I know what you mean about snacks at night. If I don't have something sweet after dinner, I am not happy. Lots of evenings I have a fat free chocolate pudding...whether I make it myself, or buy the Swiss Miss. It really helps me stay sane. Or fat free sugar free hot chocolate. I thought that after I had my hysterectomy in January that I would stop the monthly craving for chocolate..but no such luck! Try something like those, maybe it'll help you.
And I think you're right on track about the water. It truly helps me post a loss. When I drink the proper amounts I always lose.

Dianne...don't even worry about how you post. We all started the same way on this site... And WHOOEEE 1.4 pounds is great!
Good for you, hard work paid off!

Hope to hear from everyone soon. Have a good Thursday!

Jen
Old 09-07-2000, 02:50 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenny523:
Living fit...I know what you mean about snacks at night. If I don't have something sweet after dinner, I am not happy. Lots of evenings I have a fat free chocolate pudding...whether I make it myself, or buy the Swiss Miss. It really helps me stay sane. Or fat free sugar free hot chocolate. I thought that after I had my hysterectomy in January that I would stop the monthly craving for chocolate..but no such luck! Try something like those, maybe it'll help you.
And I think you're right on track about the water. It truly helps me post a loss. When I drink the proper amounts I always lose.

Dianne...don't even worry about how you post. We all started the same way on this site... And WHOOEEE 1.4 pounds is great!
Good for you, hard work paid off!

Hope to hear from everyone soon. Have a good Thursday!

Jen
Hi everyone, Thank You ALL so much for the birthday wishes, I had a wonderful three day binge, I ate, drank and was merry . On Tuesday I got back on track, I still need to loose 15 pounds and now that I ate the whole thing I can do it. I am walking, weight lifting and drinking lots of water, so with a little luck weigh in on Monday will not send me screaming off into the sunset. Thanks again for all the support and well wishes.
Old 09-07-2000, 02:52 PM   #10  

Sorry about that, I'm still learning....
Old 09-07-2000, 09:55 PM   #11  

Livingfit- Thank you! your DSIL sounds like she could use some R&R. Goodness she sounds busy! It would help.
My Dh leg is going to take a few more months. It was bad. They put a rod in it.
He is down to one cane now at least.

Jen- Thanks for the tip. I love something sweet at night.

Pookamoon- You are doing great! I'm glad you had a good B-day!
Good luck on Monday!

Have a great Thursday. Weekend is almost here. Yeah!
Terri
Old 09-08-2000, 01:29 AM   #12  

Hi everyone:

Terri, thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm not going to worry too much about Sunday's weigh-in. If I don't do well, there's always Monday to get back on track.
The one thing I've learned in 5 years with ww is that you can't worry over every .4 of a pound gain, which is what I did in the beginning. That's a great way to drive yourself crazy!

LivingFit - I'm drinking tons of water, so that should help. And I'll be walking tonight and Friday and Saturday as well. So, maybe I'll be doing a little damage control.
P.S. Great idea to give your sister-in-law a break, I'm sure she would really appreciate that.

Thanks Jenny - I felt good about the 1.4 lbs. loss. I know that will soon slow down to .2 or .4, but that's okay too. I'll take it!
I feel the same craving everynight for chocolate or something sweet. I try to either have some mini caramel rice cakes = 7 for 1 pt. or an ice cream sandwich for 3 pts.
I've been hearing alot about "skinny cow" ice cream sandwiches which are supposed to be delicious and only 2 pts. each. Gotta go searching for them this weekend.

Pookamoon, glad to hear you had such a great and long birthday, my belated wishes to you. The walking and the water should help do damage control for you for your weigh-in on Monday -- good luck.

Have a great day everyone -- happy losing!

Dianne
Old 09-08-2000, 07:02 AM   #13  

Hi

I love Thursdays because for me it starts the weekend. I work Mon. - Thursday. So how is everyone doing? OP I hope One of my co-workers has been struggling with WW for at least 2 yrs & finally something clicked & she went back 3 wks ago & as of today she lost 8 lbs. I love when I hear about someone who thought this would never work then BAM! they start losing. What a great program.

Jen, the choc pudding goes good with ff whipped cream. I had a hysterectomy in 1992 & it never stopped me from craving sweets. At least we're making the right choices.

Pookamoon, glad to hear you had a fun birthday

Dianne, I heard about the skinny cow ice cream too. Hmmmm....I wonder if Trader Joes has them. Will check it out this weekend.

Have a goodnight everyone You too Terri.

Old 09-08-2000, 10:43 PM   #14  

That is right we can't worry about every second and fractions of pounds. We would be burned out. We need to live this. It is our lifestyle. Good luck this week and weekend everybody!
Terri
Old 09-09-2000, 12:33 AM   #15  

LivingFit -- Must be great to have a 3 day weekend every week - I envy you! I'm doing okay, walked last night and will do the same tonight and tomorrow to gear up for Sunday morning's weigh-in, but like I said, not going to worry about it. It sounds like your co-worker is doing well on program now, good for her.

I found out the skinny cow ice cream sandiches are available in the stores in my area - I don't know if you have these stores, don't remember where you are from. Anyway, they are Waldbaums, C-Town and Associated. I am definitely going to try them out this weekend. If you look for them, they are not in a regular box, people say they are kind of in round shapes, like the flying saucers at Carvels. Good luck - I'll let you know how they taste this weekend.

Terri - That's the way I feel, I just can't worry about every little gain or loss, for that matter. This is for the rest of our lives -- we can all do it!!!

Have a great weekend everyone -- I'll talk to you soon.

Dianne
Closed Thread