Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 07:28 PM   #1  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

I am starting a thread for today. Come on out all twenty (and a few older) somethings and post about your goals, challanges, success, frustrations, or your fav TV show. Whatever you like.

Just a quick note for now. I am at work early to work, but I have been procrastinating.

Stacy, hope work is ok. Remind me when your wedding is again? This July? I am getting them all confused. Hope first day abck at work went ok.

Ok everyone, we must all be really busy.

Kirsty: I hope you are feeling better. Oh, I can't get your e-mail at hotmail to work?

Oh, big news for me. I stayed at the low end of my points yesterday AND i had dinner out at Applebee's. I was very good. The girl I had dinner with is an the low carb diet. She ate so much food...and so much fat. Also, she said that beer was on her diet?!!? I thought beer was made out of grain? Oh well, my dinner was really much healthyer than hers . Did I mention she ate a lot of fat?

Well, I need to get to work. Talk with you soon.

Trish
193.2/188/155?
5'10"
Old 02-20-2001, 08:25 PM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

morning all,
trish - i just emailed you from my hotmail account. lemme know if you don't get it, guess there might be a problem somewhere in that tangled web...
we all know that low carb diets don't work. weight comes off, then weight goes straight back on, plus some. oh, and they get bad breath and fart a lot. as well as putting themselves at higher risk of heart attacks etc. plus if she is lying about being allowed beer, she won't lose weight at all. ha!
you know you are doing this the healthy way trish.
oh, if anyone else wants to chat about meeting up sometime, or just be kept informed of what we're thinking of doing then send me a private message with your email address and i'll add you to our list...

kirsty

------------------
193.5/147 (5 ft 9)
Old 02-20-2001, 08:48 PM   #3  
Parrothead

Hello everyone! I hope everyone's weekend went well. I haven't been very good about the journal this week but hopefully I'll get re-motivated soon. I went to Houston for a friends b-day and had a good time. Drank way too much beer, but it was worth it. My excuse is that I was helping my friend deal with the big quarter century mark ! I won't be on the boards for the rest of the week because I have to go to NYC for a conference. It should be fun, but I'm really not looking forward to it. This is the longest me and DH have been apart since the wedding. I know that sounds cheesy and sappy...I'll just miss him. We fixed a nice dinner last night, grilled pork loin in a mango/honey/OJ marinade and low-fat rice salad. I got the recipes out of a greaat cookbook called "Crazy Plates". I highly recommend it to all.

To all I haven't met before ~ Nice to meet you!

Stacy ~ Glad to hear your surgery went well. After my wisdom teeth, I didn't eat yogurt for years! I was soooo sick of it because thats all I ate during recovery. The cake testing was one of my favorite parts of the wedding planning! My cake was almond flavored white cake, buttercream icing, dark chocolate drizzled all over it, and chocolate covered strawberries for decoration. I can't wait to eat the top on out first.

Trish ~ Congrats on staying OP at applebee's. I agree that the low-carb diets just don't work. Balance is the key to losing and keeping it off.

Hi everyone -- good luck OP this week!

I have to go now. Off to the airport I go.
Any tips to stay OP while in the big apple? It's funny...I travel more now that I work for a start up than when I was in consulting! Oh well, win some, lose some.

Have a great week!
Kay

------------------
kay
164/144.2 /135

[This message has been edited by TxAggie (edited 02-20-2001).]
Old 02-20-2001, 08:55 PM   #4  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Yuk - low-carb sounds nasty, like I need anything else messing up my digestive system. Speaking of which - my no-wheat, no-dairy month is over halfway now and yesterday I did a dairy test (ice cream at the seaside in the afternoon and then creamy dessert). I think I may have identified the problem. I was *so* ill last night!!! So, for the rest of the month, not a jot of dairy is going to pass my lips. You heard it here first!

WI this morning - 3lbs down for a total of 46lbs gone. I am only 4lbs from my second 10% AND my 50lbs, 2 more WIs before I got o Spain, it would be SO cool if I could get there before I go. Keep everything crossed for me, guys!

Jason - good to hear from you! Sounds like everything is going so well for you at the moment. That's great!And don't stress to much about the figures on the scale - I reckon the slower it comes off the longer it stays off (but then again if I didn't think that I'd be going mad ).

Stacey - glad the surgery wasn't *too* horrible, how is the liquid diet?

Everyone else, helloooooooooooooooooooo!

love
Lolly
xxx

------------------
257SW- 211CW - 207 (2nd 10%)
Old 02-20-2001, 09:17 PM   #5  

Good morning!

Trish ~ Glad you stayed OP at Applebee's. You are doing it the right way!

Hey Kirsty!

Kay ~ Your NYC trip sounds great, but I know what you mean about being away, I like the 1-2 day business trips, just gone enough to enjoy it! Your dinner last night sounds wonderful!

Lolly ~ Lots of people are lactose intolerant, I wish ice cream made me sick (kidding of course....maybe not??!?) The same thing happens to me with fried food. My stomach can't handle even one piece of fried fish. I know that's good though, if I could handle it, I would have even more weight to lose that I do!!

Well, I had a great OP day yesterday, and working on another. I am walked at noon, and working out at the gym tonight. My DH is working nights again this week ( 6p.m. to 6 a.m.) so I am a single mom again this week. The kids and I colored pictures and watched The Brady Bunch last night. It was fun.

Well, back to the grind...I will check in later!!

------------------
Tonya
170/134/140(WW)/132(personal)
Old 02-20-2001, 09:40 PM   #6  
Running Babe

It was cute, I stayed up in Lennoxville this weekend and I was getting a salad for lunch at the dining hall. I had not seen one of the workers there for a while and she commented about how great I was looking. Then she asked me how much weight I had lost and I told her, she then said "I beat you, I lost 150lbs!". I could not believe it. She looks great and she says she's at a weight she's very comfortable at and that's the important thing. She's maintained it for at least three years since she's been the size she's at now since I first met her.

Trish: I'd eventually get sooo fed up with high fat, actually for about 4 months last year I went on a high fat binge (not to lose weight though) and I eventually got tired of it. Maybe that's why I have been so successful on WW, I realized the way I was eating was just way too out of hand and basically no longer wanted to continue.

Kirsty and Lolly: I may be dropping in on the UK at some point this year.

Kay: I haven't had alcohol in ages (I'm not a t-totaler or anything). I wonder how much alcohol my body can handle now without getting drunk. I seem to have a low tolerance in general, but the last time I got drunk I was about 50lbs heavier. Enjoy NYC!

Stacey: I had a week of soft-foods a month ago since I had a nasty throat infection, my WI that week was sweet, I lost 3.8, but since then it has of course slowed down. I hope the recovering is going well.

Lolly: you might be lactose intolerant or maybe even allergic to milk. I hope you're feeling better. Wow that is awesome about you're weight! Congrats!

I see that hotmail now offers a photo album, I may try to put one up on my week off (providing my brother brings back the scanner software to my parents house) and show you my before and during photos (though I have no recent during, gotta ask my bro to bring back my dad's digital camera).

Toodles! (since when do I say toodles?)

Ali

------------------
243.4/170.4/155 (15.4lbs left WooHoo!!)
Old 02-20-2001, 10:06 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Lolly: 3 lbs. — great loss! I'm supposed to WI tomorrow but I don't think the scale has moved a bit. That's what I get for losing 4 lbs. in a week! The only time I haven't been OP is this weekend. The rest of the time I've been eating at the top of my points, though. I saw that big loss when I ate in the middle.

Jason: I wouldn't exactly call a 1 lb. loss a plateau! Remember, WW says most people will lose 1-2 lbs. a week. 30 lbs. in a month seems awfully ambitious and I just hope you're being super careful! Don't jeopardize your health in any way! Have you talked with your leader about a good loss rate?

Trish: Beer on a diet? Ahem. I think someone's making excuses! How on earth can it be ON a diet? Sure, we can work it into WW, but I don't think anyone at WW would actually recommend it for true weight loss. I don't trust all those fad diets. I tried a low-carb, high protein one once (the Weight Loss Forever program - what a crock of sh*t.) I paid about $200 for all their supplements and followed the plan, and only lost about 5 lbs. in a month and a half. And I felt like crap all the time. It was hard eating that much meat! Has your friend lost anything?

Stacey: Glad to hear you made it through OK! And *yay* that the wedding dress is fitting better!

Speaking of Applebee's, I'm heading there for lunch today. I love their Oriental Chicken Salad. I always get it with the dressing on the side, though, otherwise they just heap it on! But it's only 11 a.m. I just ate some yogurt with strawberries and I'm already craving lunch. Argh!

Well, I'm off to find some work to do! Where IS everyone anyway?

------------------
Kim
206.8/184.4/130
Florida goal (March 23): 172
"The (wo)man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." -- Chinese Proverb

[This message has been edited by kimobi (edited 02-20-2001).]
Old 02-20-2001, 10:08 PM   #8  

Hi everyone. I am back from my long weekend in Louisiana. I had a great time with my family I went to a pre-Mardi Gras parade, played with my cousins kids and had a wonderful time. We went through some stuff at my grandmothers house and it went well. I don't have plans to go back until Christmas and I will miss it a lot.

Well I didn't do well on food but I am not worrying about it. Unfortunately I left all of my WW stuff at work on Friday and I won't get it back until Tues this week/. It didn't matter over the weekend but I wish I had it now. I will guess the points as close as I can and write them down.

Sorry I can't write to everyone. Hope you are all doing well. I am very glad that it is a short work week. Talk to you soon.

Sarah
194.4/168.6/153WW
Old 02-20-2001, 10:46 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Hey. as if it could get any worse, there was another weekend fiasco.

WE went to the mountains Sat and Sun and it was good - really good. Then on Monday we did chores and decided to go to a movie....but while we were engaged in hochmagandy, the phone rang and guess who? the ex....well, she called twice and he phoned her back and left a message. I challenged him on it and he wasn't happy, said he wouldn't tell her to call less or not call for me ever so better get used to it.

I decided not to let that skanky ***** ruin my weekend, so I got over it and we went to dinner and it was fun...and then we came home for more hochmagandy and after we werer talkinga bout "us" and he was saying how he likes me alot and has fun with me but that he doesn't know where we will be in another 6 months since he is still looking for work away from here....and then he told me he didn't love me, he doesn't know if he will love me, and that he hasn't felt that for anyone since the ex. By then it was midnight and he wanted to sleep andtalk later.

I cried most of the night nad took all my things wiht me this morning so I can go home.

Its my birthday on Thursday. No mention of hte massage for valentines day. And now this.

Although he cuddled me this morning and was very kissey....I know in my heart its the ex he wants andI was fooling myself all this time.

And now I am at work, my new job, in tears, trying to concentrate. Its so hard.

I guess I was pretty stupid to think that someone like that could fall for someone like me.

Well, thanks for listening.

Belle.
Old 02-20-2001, 10:56 PM   #10  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Belle, big hug for you. I am so sorry that he said that. remember, however, that for whatever reason it did not work with the ex for him. Also, I think men say these things sometime because they are scared of their emotions. If he was hurt by the ex, he may be afraid to let himself love you (or only said that to convince himself that he does not love you because he is afraid to get hurt again.) But what EVER YOU DO, DO NOT BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE LIKE THAT COULD NOT LOVE YOU. You are a wonderful, loving, funny, smart, powerful woman! Have a good cry, have some Belle time, send yourself some flowers, take a long bubble bath, etc. Give him some time and then see what is up. I am thinking about you.

Men can really be a pain in the @ss sometimes!!!!

Trish
Old 02-20-2001, 10:59 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Belle: First, big cyberhug! Second, "someone like that?" A lying-mean-can't-make-up-his-mind-play-with-your-mind type of guy? He's a jerk! I know it doesn't seem like it now, but he may have done you a favor. If he's hung up on the ex, I think you need to take a break from him. Don't see him, don't call him, don't email him. If he comes back, fine, if not, it wasn't meant to me. Just don't let him use you and jerk you around, because it's causing you grief you don't need. You have a new job and the opportunity to do wonderful things with your life! Don't waste it on someone who's not going to treat you like you deserve to be treated.

Again, BIG CYBERHUG! Your mantra for the rest of the day is ... GUYS ARE EVIL!!!

Kim
Old 02-20-2001, 11:02 PM   #12  
Scotland's finest export

belle - he is being so pants! (which means rubbish over here). who knows what is going on inside his head, but what we do know is that you are not a happy bunny the way things are. maybe this is the end for your relationship. i know it seems harsh, but speaking from experience, when i've split up with someone (their call not mine) i've been gutted. and then my next relationship has been 10 times better and i realised that what i had been wanting with the ex wasn't what was right for me (or good for me). of course, this may all blow over and you guys may yet sort it out. just make sure you put yourself first here though. and come talk to us whenever you need to.
don't know if that helped. pity you can't get calorie-free chocolate for times of need....

kirsty
Old 02-21-2001, 12:16 AM   #13  
Running Babe

Belle: {{{Big hug}}}, I am sooo sorry about what is happening to you. I'd definately listen to the advice of the others. You are an intelligent, passionate young woman and you don't deserve the mind games that he is playing on you. Perhaps take some Belle time and just try and figure out what you want in a relationship in general and perhaps reflect on your own relationship, does it really fit into what you really want. I'm just worried that your BF is using you while he sorts out his own life and you don't deserve that.

Take Care okay,

Ali
Old 02-21-2001, 12:35 AM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle... My hugs are coming your way. And my 2 cents along with it (since everyone else is!!). I was in the same situation before I met my hubby. The guy was a jerk, yet in my eyes I was hooked. He gave me the big "speach" like you just got and then something kind of clicked for me. Well sort of. I still pined over him and wanted him, I also stayed away! It worked. He was only using me when he needed me... and that isn't fair. I gave him the super himongo brush off along with some not so nice words, in front of the girl he was smoozing at the time... and the next weekend my now hubby discovered and I am much happier. The short of all of this is..... Don't put up with the crap. You have to be happy and if he isn't making you happy, then he isn't worth the fret!!! You can't go through life wondering if it will all work out in the end... it needs to work now!!! Good luck and take some time for YOU!!!

jen

I forgot... KAY... I had to leave my hubby 1 week after we returned from our honeymoon. I was gone for about 5 days to a convention in Las Vegas. That was super hard. I travel a lot and it is still hard for me... especially with my baby now. The easiest way to cope is to call every night and check in... then I go to bed with warm thoughts of just talking to him!! Good luck!

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jen-L (edited 02-20-2001).]
Old 02-21-2001, 12:39 AM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Thank you all for all your support. I don' t know what he is doing, but I guess I just have to face that the bottom line is that he has no feelings for me, and this wasn't' a real relationship anyway. If it were, things would be different.

I am trying to use Kim's mantra but its not working just yet. Perhaps some loud angry-fem music….?

You k now girls, I figure this: I have so much love in my heart to give, like to my neice Julianna and to my family and to my friends (you) that I don't need to get any in return to feel better and fill up what I use. I can just keep giving. So if I am alone and don't have to go through all this hurtful stuff, then I'll be much happier.

My sister said that he seems to want his cake and eat it too. For whatever reason, he can't or won't love me, but still wants me around and wants to wait to see if we get anywhere. He told me that every relationship has a point where you decide if you want to go on or not, and he thought we weren't there yet. But I guess we are. Since this is becoming very painful for me. I am so tired of crying. And you know what? I may have over-reacted about Valentine's day, but clearly that he didn't' get me anything WAS an indication about how he feels, or rather doesn't feel about me. And still, no talk about getting the gift certificate…not that I am being greedy, pls don't think that…its just that if he did, I would know he really meant to do something for me….you know? And my bday is on Thursday. I will be interested to see if he goes to get me something. If he doesn't, then he was just talking to the ex all tonite, since he has the whole night to himself and ran all his errands yesterday with me…

Well, I better sign off and do some work before I get my @ss fired…..

About the "someone like him"….if you knew him, you might see my point. I am this chubby, eccentric, emotional girl that always gets walked on, an dlikes Karaoke and scrapbooking. He is this charming, funny, engineer who can do numberous other things and do them well, whom everyone likes, who does what he wants…..he is in a different class than me.

I know my vision is clouded, but I am starting to think that guy Moe said somethings that were true.,,

Anyway, for those of you who don't get to watch soaps, you can follow this epic….might end really quick though

If anyone finds the non-caloric chocolae, lemme know.

Belle.
Closed Thread