Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 07:17 AM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking PINK FLAMINGO CAFE ~~ Thursday ~~ May 9

Whew! I had a difficult time in starting today's thread!

I overslept and I'm running late and then I couldn't start a daily thread until now!

BBL
Old 05-09-2002, 07:23 AM   #2  

Good Morning. Wish it was sunny today. I'm going to have a hard time staying awake.

Gail - Watch you don't bump into anything rushin' around like you are.

Donna - Wow graduation and the possibility of a new home soon. BTW, I admire anyone who can go back to school and better themselves. Any job prospects?

I'll be back later ladies, I need to go get some milk for my cereal. Finished yesterday at max. Didn't have the fudge bar and dang somebody ate them all. But that's ok.....the store is only 5 minutes away.
Old 05-09-2002, 08:44 AM   #3  
banned

Good morning PINKIES

Gail I slept in this morning too! I've usually driven hubby to work and son to school and am back for coffee by 7:30, but I took a muscle relaxant last night because of my back. Apparently they can't get up and moving unless I'm right there to kick their collective a**es.

I've got to run out again in a little bit, to make an insurance payment that hubby forgot to send in. But after that it's MY day off! At least one of them...I get tomorrow off too. This morning it's just me and Samantha, so maybe I'll take her out to brunch or lunch. She said she needs to pick up a couple of things too, but there's no way I'm spending the whole day shopping.

Pat *hippy hippy shake dance* just for you! You're doing so great!! Another 2.4 Yeehaw!

Christine That is so right on what you said to emmy. We're always on different levels of the program and being OP.

Donna This IS a great program, isn't it? You did great with banking and planning. Sounds like you had a good dinner. I LOVE baked potatoes too...with ranch dressing.

Good morning Sharon and Joyce

emmy Looks like you never made it back in yesterday. I know how that goes! Hope everything is going good for you!

I'll try to be back a little later! Ya just never know though!

Everyone have a great OP day!!
Old 05-09-2002, 09:05 AM   #4  

Good MorningPinkies I am doing so much better today I can do this.

Gail Hope you don't rush too much today and you can relax a little bit.

Christine I guess no walking today, it's raining out. Thanks for you support yesterday.

Ok, off to get some work done before I leave today, since I am off tomorrow... Donna, Emmy, Joyce, Judy, Sharon Water is on for tea or coffee... Good morning to all...
Old 05-09-2002, 09:07 AM   #5  

Judy Enjoy your day... Hope you do something for you! Thanks, I am so happy that I am getting down in size. Now I have go buy new bras...
Old 05-09-2002, 09:24 AM   #6  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning

Well, I never got back on yesterday. Got busy at home.

Christine - I agree with what you said about we all go thru cycles. Right now I am on the high side. And I will help where I can because I have been on that downside and you all were here for me when I needed it.
No all I can manage is every other Friday off. To get every one off, I would have to work 4 10 hiur days. I can't make it that long every day. And I take a 2 hour lunch every Thurs for WW. I am SO glad that they have such flexible schedules.

Pat - Isn't it so fun to just HAVE to go shopping. You are doing great. We get a 5# bookmark that we add each 5# star to. It's about 2" by 6" piece of light cardboard. Very valuable - had to work hard to get it. Then at 25# we get a refrigerator magnet and then at 50# too. Those are really valuable. We had someone a couple of weeks ago get the 75# magnet, at least that's what I think it was.

Judy - Enjoy your time off with Sam.

Hi Gail

Donna - Soounds like you are doing good with all the planning. I'm glad they finally figures out what degrees to give you. That sounds fantastic. Any job prospects yet? Or more schooling?

Hi Sharon

Hi emmy

I know I forgot someone - but half my brain is still asleep.

Later
Old 05-09-2002, 09:32 AM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

My day got off to a bad start--didn't want to get my butt out of bed, then I stayed in the shower too long, then I dilly-dallied in the kitchen trying to think of something different to eat for breakfast, then had a difficult time logging on to the internet for some reason, finally get in and I couldn't start the daily thread for awhile...almost forgot to drink my 2 glasses of water I drink every morning...then I changed my mind on what I wanted to wear to work...left the house too late to stop and get my coffee...and its raining outside and I don't want to walk over to the next building to battle the sleepy students at the little coffee place...and I have a headache. Is it Friday yet? No? Okay...I'll survive...just let me wake up!

I did read the ending of yesterday's thread but I'm not sure if I remembered anything...except that Donna did go to school (good girl) except she ditched her last class but she's getting a ton of degrees when she graduates <high-five!> (you go girlfriend!) AND she's going to be looking at houses after graduation!

I think I remember that Pat was gettin' mushy about us all....and you know sweetie, you give a lot to the rest of us with all your support and encouragement. Just looking at your signature line and reading your success story in weight loss is inspiring.

Hmmm...oh yeah...Joyce, good luck when you weigh in today. Glad to hear those fires are contained. Fire scares the heck out of me.

And I remember that Christine got through yesterday on program! I knew you could do it! I maxed out also...but heck, that is what the program is all about! I love the WW Fudge Bars for 2 pointes each...are those the ones you're talking about? Actually, I'm beginning to like them better than the Skinny Cows sandwiches...and I don't even like chocolate all that much. I think my tastes are changing.

Judy, enjoy your day with Samantha. Buy something cool for yourself also! Treat yourself. I remember when the girls lived at home and trying to wake them up for school in the mornings was the absolute pits! I had to threaten bodily harm on more than one occasion! But I miss them now. I do.

Emmy, check in!

Okay...I think I've run out of steam here...people are starting to bug me here at work...they expect me to work for some reason...
Old 05-09-2002, 10:07 AM   #8  

I'm back...

Judy - Alright a day to yourself...ok well at least you don't have the whole family around. And you get to spend some alone time with Sam.

Pat - Nope doesn't look like walking is in order today. Damp dreary day. I know we're in a drought but I swear we've had rain every week!

Joyce - 4 -10 hour days would be a bit much. My husband does 12 hour days at least 3 days a week plus 10-11 the other 2 days. Soon it'll be 4 - 12's and 1- 10. I feel like a single parent. LOL

Gail - Sounds like you were having quite a morning there. No I didn't have the WW fudge bars. I just bought regular non-fat fudge bars at the Weis store. But their gone......

to Sharon, Emmy and Donna!

Ok ladies you know my little talk about how we are all in different phases of this journey. Oh how guickly it can all go downhill. Ok, so I haven't fallen down the hill yet, but my one foot is slipping and the other is holding tight. It's all an emotion thing. I WANT A NEW JOB! That's the problem. I heard from the place I interviewed, I didn't get it. I'm still here with a boss who asks me how to do things. This the position that I interviewed for and have to train my boss. Go figure! Most days I can take this, but yesterday afternoon and today I'm in a foul mood. To top I was signing off on some invoices and their were problems with some of them. And they came from a person in the same classification as me. He should know better. The people he works for think the world of him, he's wonder...they want to get him promoted. Yet he knows nothing.... That's how it happens...the ones who know nothing move ahead and those who know and understand what we're doing get **** upon. Ok, there I said it.....now maybe I can just get over it already! <sigh> At 11 points for the day and going for a subway sandwich for lunch.
Old 05-09-2002, 10:29 AM   #9  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Christine, I'm sorry about that job. {{{HUG}}} It just doesn't seem fair sometimes. There is another job out there...waiting just for you. And its going to be so much better than the one you interviewed for! You hang in there. I know you're probably feeling like things are out of control at work--things are just not going your way...but they will. One thing you can control though is what you eat. You know this. I know you do. I swear to you if you get past this emotion of wanting to eat you'll be so much happier and pleased with yourself for sticking to the program. One thing Wayne has always told me is that he can tell when I'm on program on consistent basis and that is not only do I lose weight but my personality changes as well. My outlook, my self-esteem, and my assertiveness is so much more positive. I'm not telling you that you are not assertive or you have low self-esteem...but if you can just take control over the one area you do have control over you will feel better. You hang in there, sweetie. And do I understand about husbands working loooooong hours--Wayne worked until 3:30am this morning.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:16 AM   #10  

Thanks Gail. I actually haven't done too much damage, I had 3 little chocolate square things. don't know what they are called. Anyways, my breakfast was 6 points, so I just figured I have 10 points in so far with eating those. Last time I walked by them I was able to resist another. Went to get Subway for lunch and there were too many people in line for me to wait, I had to get back to work...so I guess I'll try to get a salad at the snack bar. Usually they are 6 points before dressing. I'll be ok. I'm trying to get the stuff off my desk so I can at least go home and feel good about that.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:23 AM   #11  

Good to see everyone here.

Hugs Gail I had the same problem, I didn't want to get out of bed today, but I do get to stay in bed tomorrow . Hope your day will be better, I got my 33 oz of Fruit 2O right next to me, Lemon flavor. mmmm...

Christine Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, but at least you still have me.. haha we will walk next week, since I'm off tomorrow. I brought my lunch today, veggie soup 0 pts and WW 4pts..

Joyce I'm sure if we get the Red marker, but I will get a 10% keychain when I loss 9 more lbs. Yes, I always love to shop, it's my biggest down fall. I have clothes with tags on and now they are too big I was so happy last night, someone returned an outfit from the catalog (Disney) and they take 50% off and then I get my 35% off of that... so I got a $48 dollar outfit for $15.60, just need to get a plain (smaller) t-shirt to wear under it. I can wear some things big, but for the bras... oh no, and I got some nice ones about 6 months ago... oh well, it's for the better... and much better.

ok, so far I'm at 5pts
3 pts cereal & milk
2 pts popcorn Mini cakes
Lunch will be 4pts
total for today after lunch 9 pts
Old 05-09-2002, 03:02 PM   #12  

Pat - You're a riot. At least I have you. Thanks for keeping me grounded at lunchtime.

I'm at 22 points for the day now. Which means I have 11 points left for the day. Have not a clue as to what's for supper because everyone would have eaten at the ball game but it doesn't look like that's going to happy with this dreary weather.

I did have a moment of weakness at lunchtime. I got up with my change purse to get an ice tea...then I realized that IF I went back to the counter area with my purse in hand, I'd end up with more than an ice tea. So I took out a dollar bill and just got my diet decaf tea. Less chance for screw up that way. Anyways WI is tomorrow for me. Hope I've done something right this week.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:13 PM   #13  
One Day At A Time

I DID IT - virgin territory -

Lost 2.2 -- down 57.6

Gotta go do something for boss - I'll be back - just couldn't wait - I was just bustin' to tell someone
Old 05-09-2002, 03:40 PM   #14  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Joyceeeeeeeee! CONGRATULATIONS! <high-five!> THAT is wonderful! Virgin Fat Territory (now to be known as VFT)! (I'll be in VFT when I reach my 10% goal.)

Okay Christine, you can do this. You can stay on program with 11 points to go for the day. Keep reminding yourself that tomorrow morning is weigh in day and you can have a nice big breakfast after you get off the scale!

Pat, at my center we get the 5 lbs. bookmark (red) and I'm hoping to get that this Saturday and then after every 5 lbs. we get a gold star to go on it. When we reach 25 lbs. we get a magnet with a big 25 on it. And of course we get the key ring at 10% goal. BTW, I've eaten 10 points worth so far today...and no, I don't know what I'm having for dinner but I have scads of points.

WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 05-09-2002, 03:45 PM   #15  

High Pinkie Five! Way to go Joyce...that is wonderful! Come back soon.

Yesterday, the leader had a good idea, when you eat the frozen meals and it not enough (WW, LC or HC), add a cup of veggies to eat too (0 pts). It will help fill the void.

Christine You will do fine, and I am so proud of you today at lunch time If I can do it, so can you! I got 10 years on you!
or is it more???

ok, back to work....I will have to work tonight at Disney, but it's with the good manager!

Closed Thread