Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 08:00 AM   #16  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Lin, I can feel your frustration from here. As for how does one get everything done when one is working ... well, one just does. That is, one gets done everything that absolutely has to get done, and then prioritizes the rest. I lose weight best when I'm not working, but I still lose even now. Just a lot slower. (And plenty of people lose just fine when they're not working; I witnessed that at Dotti's convention this weekend.) For me, the hardest thing is getting in the exercise, mainly because I don't like it all that much to begin with, and because I get pressed for time in the mornings. So I let it go.

I could still do my writing now, too, if I made it a higher priority. I do the laundry, the cooking, most of the dishes. DH and I split the grocery shopping somewhat. I clean; he picks things up.

It sounds to me as though your family doesn't keep helping out because they know if they stop, eventually you'll cave in and do it yourself. Maybe it would help to figure out what you can actually live with and let the rest go. I do feel for your situation. I know that with your creativity, you'll figure out a solution.

Judy, I hear you about the frustration of doing well and watching the scale not budge. I feel like that during much of Lent. How's your protein intake? Also, are you consistently within your points? You and I really have to watch that, or we don't lose. I didn't go to my weigh-in last night either. I think I'll go tomorrow.

Erin, loved your kite story! That sounds like so much fun.

Well, I'd better get ready for work. I got 40 minutes of exercise in this morning and took a 30-minute walk with DH last night. Our personal problems are finally resolving, thank God.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/191/174 in September
Old 04-24-2002, 04:53 PM   #17  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

We've gotten to page 2, so I'm starting a new thread. See you all there.

Lin
Closed Thread