Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 10:30 AM   #16  

Lin, I'm glad you were able to find some joy monday. It's a tragedy that brought you all together, but at least you had the chance to take comfort in your family.

Judy, Good for you for journalling. I can imagine it would be irritating at the beginning if you weren't already inclined to writing things down, but it's WELL worth the effort. And even if you were high points, you're sending yourself the message that yes, everything you put in your mouth matters and will affect your health. It's a hard lesson to have sink in, but once it snaps in you'll be driven to your goal!

Lauren, we had a cat named Chloe too. When there were cat fights outside (we've had multiple cats for many years) all the cats would gather and check it out, and Parrot would decide that it meant that SHE was supposed to attack the others. Chloe was the ruler of the roost; she'd swipe once at Parrot and Parrot would then decide that it was most judicious to leave Chloe alone. Anyway, once the cat fight outside was over Parrot would retreat to a corner and just growl for a long time, and coaxing didn't help. What we did was keep someone with her until she was settled down again--have someone sit near her but not actually invade her space, so that she knew we were still there, life was still cool, she was still safe, that sort of thing. Given time she would come over and check whoever it was out, rub her tail around, arch her back for scratching, and then all was fine.

My prof said he has a "don't ask don't tell" policy regarding the prereq/coreq concept: he promises not to ask me if I've completed Anatomy yet, and I promise not to tell him. YAY! This is very, very good.

I got 83% on my Physiology test and 31/33 on Philosophy (94%). I also got 13/15 on a quiz in history. So school life is going well.

WW life is going well, too. I've managed to finish 2 Spinning classes and I'm at 122 points over 4 days. Today is day 5 and I'm going to see if I can come in low, to try to pull my average down. But, of course, eat healthy, I'm healing!

Have a good day, Turtles, I must run to class.
Old 04-17-2002, 03:19 PM   #17  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

I'm starting a new thread. See you all there.

Lin
Closed Thread