Old 09-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Howdy all! Happy Thursday!

Bandit: I have not heard back from anyone at TOPS, kind of disappointing but I guess I will just have to go and see what it is all about at a meeting.

I have to ask you though, what is different from WW that you did this week, you had a fabulous loss so I am eager to hear the difference.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Princess - you can go to TOps site online & find meeting close to you. I received brochure but it took away & I called the representative in my area and then went to meeting closeby.

This week, I tracked all my food & counted every single thing. Also didn't have extra treats at night. That was about it.

How haVe you been doing?
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:10 AM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Guys,
I'm back from my trip to visit my sisters in Asheville, NC. What a beautiful city. I did Core while I was away. The scale is up a tiny bit and I had been hoping for a loss, so I'll do the best I can the rest of this week and step up the activity. I've gotten more sedentary than ever.

Hey Bandit! That is a wonderful : Weigh to go! Tracking all food and skipping night treats isn't easy, but it sure paid off!

Princess, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I'm sending to help you through this. You're smart to cut back on all expenses and TOPS seems like a smart place to go now.

Nessa, right now I'd be thrilled with a .4# loss, but I know what you mean.
Good luck during this week.

Hey guys--let's all try to get this weight moving. Bandit, I'm going to try and follow your lead.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #19  

Happy Friday everyone!

Bandit: I am doing ok... not great in the old weight loss department but I think I have slowed down the gain a bit. I think that I am going to try and do TOPS but am still thinking about it.

Judy: So glad you had a nice time with your family... I have been thinking about Core too... I am not sure if it is for me but I am thinking about a lot of things to get my butt back on track

All: Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:20 AM   #20  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hello, Turtles. We finally said goodbye to the last of our houseguests (what a marathon! fun, though) and also visited some friends of ours in Chicago. We have a short breather now before we go on vacation. Most welcome!

On the weight-loss front, I hit the 40-pound mark yesterday (since restarting), and am just a little over a pound away from ONEDERLAND! I'm very psyched! Unfortunately, I'm now entering the half of the month when I don't lose much of anything, and then we go on vacation. So there may be a little delayed gratification here in terms of the scale. I am SO ready to see that "1" in front of my numbers again. I swore I would never go back into twoterville, but there you go. Anyway, I'm hoping I'm a little older and wiser now and will make this stick. Or at least catch any gains before they get to be as much as this past one was.

Judy, glad you enjoyed your stay in Asheville! I have parents there; it is indeed a beautiful city. So dry right now, though.

Bandit, good for you, sticking with your program. You're a trooper.

Ladybugnessa, congrats on the loss! A loss is ALWAYS good!

Princess, slowing a gain is good. I hear you about the stress eating, and how useless it is. I gained a bunch of my regain when I was out of work. I think learning healthy ways to cope with stress is probably one of the best life skills we can learn. Let's work on that one together. Good luck investigating TOPS; I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #21  

Hi Ladies,
I am still trying to read everyones posts but don't have much to say for myself. I just can't seem to get myself started. I keep thinking there must be something that can get me going but i know the only thing that will do that is me, myself, and I.

Princess - Hugs
Sounds like everyone is doing fairly well. It is good to hear. Keep on Keeping on.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #22  

Lauren - congrats on losing 40# - WOW! You are so close to onderland, that is awesome.

Princess - I know you will get things back on track. Keep at it - you are doing things right.

Judy - nice to hear you are back & had nice trip. A tiny gain on holidays is nothing to worry about you will lose that in no time.

Cherry - I hope you find something that helps getting you back in the swing of things. Sending you a "big hug" & maybe just try doing 1 thing different for 1 day, then for 2 days etc - then add something else. For me, journalling
really helps - even stuff I know I didn't need, but seeing it in print helps me be accountable. Good luck!

Tomorrow, my neighbour & myself are going to my trailer for the day & staying overnight. The weather is suppose to be good & I told her I wanted to get in a few big walks. So, hoping the snacking doesn't get out of hand but should be fun.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #23  
Chick

Lauren,
Congratulations on your wonderful loss! : You give me hope to carry on. Hey, that would be a good song. LOL. I can't wait for you to break into onederland. We'll have to have a celebration here.

Bandit, have a great time at your cabin. You had such a great weight loss this past week. You've got exercise planned and I' m hoping the snacks aren't so appealing once you realize what they'll do to your good eating program. :

Princess, stress is miserable, but I'm with Lauren. If you can slow down your gain, that is wonderful for now. It's so comforting and easy to eat when other things are going wrong, but you have been extremely successful through all kinds of stress in the past and I know you can overcome this. I have a feeling you're outside right now putting up a fence. Great idea to get some kids to help you out. It's good to have a built in work force and putting up a fence has to count for loads of activity points.

Cherry, would it help if you said, "I can do this. I can drink more water today than I did yesterday." Keep your messages positive even if you don't feel that way and sometimes that works and we trick ourselves into doing the right thing. You've started before and it worked, so : to you to feel that click!

I'm having a good day. I'll be at my niece's tonight for a birthday party and I'll have to watch portion control. Send me good wishes.
Take care and have a great weekend.
Judy
Old 09-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I got on the treadmill today after a long time and I know it will help.

Have a great weekend.
Judy
Old 09-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #25  

::meep:: Hi ladies. Could I drop by again?

--Ariana, awfully busy, itinerant turtle
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #26  

Welcome back, Arianna - hope you have been well & are doing great?

How about everyone else? We have been very quiet the last few days.

As for myself, I am going to my 2nd Tops mtg tonight & hoping for some kind of loss. Went to movies last night & seen The Women & really liked it & stayed away from the popcorn & took a water & pretzels, so feel good about that.

Hope everyone is having a great OP week!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #27  
Chick

Ariana, wow!!! I am so glad to hear from you again. You are doing great : How is your quilting coming along?

Bandit, I know it's quiet. I've been struggling and the scale isn't going in the right direction and I hate to bring down the tone of the posts. However, I know this is when I need the most encouragement. : to you tonight at TOPS.

Feeling kinda sorry for myself which is ridiculous and I've got to turn this around.
Good luck to us all and I'm thrilled to have our former Turtles Lauren and ARiana back and posting with us.

Princess, how are you doing? I know you're busy but chime in when you can.
Cherry, you can do this.
Judy
Old 09-25-2008, 07:25 AM   #28  

Morning all and happy Thursday! Not doing great here but am in the process of getting my butt back in gear and like Judy am feeling sorry for myself and that can not continue.

Ariana: So glad to see you back! How is life treating you these days?

Judy: Boy oh boy do I know how you feel... not sure what we can do about it other then climb back on that wagon!

Bandit: How are you liking TOPS? I am still thinking about it but in the mean time I need to get in to WW and W/I and stay for a meeting, as long as I am still paying for it... makes no sense to stay away.

Nessa: How are you doing these days?

Lauren: Glad to hear that your steady stream of visitors is slowing down... that can be very nice but still have a lot of stress that goes along with it.

Cherry: How are you doing?

Chris: What is new with you these days?

Have a happy day all!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-25-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #29  

Hi ladies:

Judy & Princess - I hear what you are saying, but you have to get your
mo-jo back somehow. For me, I got in the up/down rut for so long & decided enough is enough. It is hard to get back on track, when you feel lost.
Remember "baby steps" leads to big success! You two can do it - you have been our strength in the past - so just "DO IT"

As for myself, I was down 1.75# at my 2nd meeting and was "BIggiest Loser" from last week & received certificate. The way that works is the top 3 losers each week have to keep it off for the week - then the one with the most net loss is the winner. So, nice to start off being a winner. I am down total of 5# for the last 2 weeks. So happy with that.

Cherry & Nessa & Chrily - where are you & how are you doing?

NIce to have Lauren & Arianna back & they always had good advice for us.

Hang in there ladies!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #30  

Bandit: I hear you! As a matter of fact I woke up and told myself that today is the day for me to get back on track! TODAY IS THE DAY, NOT TOMORROW, BUT TODAY!

I got some gift cards for my birthday and I am going today on my lunch for a haircut and I stopped by walmart and got two DVD's on my way into work this morning, one is Yoga and one is Pilates. I can not afford classes but for 20.00 I got a DVD on both and I will get started this evening along with walking again. We could not have a better time of year to get out and walk so here I go! I also ordered up books on CD from the library and am in the process of getting them loaded onto my iPod so that I can listen to them while I walk in the evenings since DH is not really interested in walking anymore. I am thinking about TOPS to save even more money and canceling the WW for now, maybe when things get better I can go back but right now I need to take a break on the spending.

To tell you the truth I just plain feel like crap when I am not on plan, plain and simple, this past week I have felt the worst that I have in a really long time. Stomach issues and all because I am just mindlessly eating and not even really thinking about it. But that is over with!

Best wishes to everyone and thanks to Bandit for the words of wisdom!

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-25-2008 at 10:39 AM.