Old 08-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #46  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Hello ladies. Things here are busy as ever. I have spent the first 6 days of school getting my caseload organized, learning all my students names (I have about sixty), getting paperwork field out for FTE, making amendments, copying modifications/accommodations to give to reg ed teachers, and the list goes on and on. It's has been hectic for me and in turn I have turned to food. *sigh* When will I learn to eat the good stuff instead of the bad sigh.

Tammy - Congrats about getting Maurice. Growing up there was also at least one dachshund in our house. I absolutely love them. We have have had one named Shotzie, Sammy, Duchess, Rusty, Ladybug, Jitterbug, and Doodlebug. I wish I had one myself.

Jeanne - Congrats on your house. We have looked at a few, but our credit just isn't that wonderful. Perhaps one day we'll get it.

Tina - Hope your eye gets better.

Susan - Glad that you've met some friends. Hope your year goes well.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #47  

Susan, sorry about that bunion! No fun!! When I had a bone spur (I don't know if it's still there or not!!), I started wearing different shoes, and it helped alot. I started wearing Birkenstocks and Earth Shoes. I don't know if those would help you or not. I'm with you about wearing no shoes. The minute I get in the house, off they come. I don't wear flip flops though.

Dori, you have been busy! 60 students sounds like alot! At times while I was teaching, I wished that I would have ended up with a special ed position, but then I'd see all the paperwork involved, and I was glad that I had regular ed. I let my special ed certificate drop after about 8 years because of the cost of renewing it. I always felt that the special ed background helped me in the classroom though.

I go to the chiropractor at 9:30 today. Looking forward to it. She is so nice.
Then I have no idea what else I'll be doing. I do know that I need to catch up on my bible reading. I am so far behind on reading it in a year. I have to make a couple of calls again about bob's stuff. I wish I was finished with all of that.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #48  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies! I just sat down and thought I'd take a quick minute to catch up!
The new house............... It's a small red brick ranch with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a finished basement........It has a 2 car garage, paved drive and a Y A R D ! ! ! ! ! Woohoooo! The house we live in now is absolutely adorable but we have no yard, on street parking and the houses are so close together that it reminds you of "row" houses! We'll use it as a rental. Yay for an extra income!

My health..........Urghhhhh! I'm so sick of being sick! It is that diverticulosis which I am dealing with and will have to learn to live with, but if I could get on that high fiber and healthy diet - I'd probably be able to control it a little better. I'm working on it. My last flare up was - I'm thinking - was from sesame chicken (Smart Ones) because of the sesame seeds?!?!? But who really knows?!?!?!?

Enough about me..............

Susan - Hi! I'm sorry about that bunion too! I have had my share of "foot" issues in my day and have had the cortizone shots too! I hope that the pain eases up for you! Hope things at the new school are going well!

Dori - Hi. 60 students - is that 2 or 3 different classes? I hope you don't have all 60 at one time!

Tammy - Hello! You are staying busy......don't forget to rest and take care of yourself!

Tina - Yawwwwwn......it's 9:00 p.m. and I'm sooooo ready for bed! You mentioned how your doctor didn't return your call!!!! WELL.......I just last week called my doctor on a friday morning (going into a weekend) hoping to get something for relief and.........yep.........THEY DIDN'T CALL ME BACK EITHER!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr. But lets not pay our doctor bills and they will call 10 times a day!!!!!! Sorry! Wooooosh, I guess I needed to get that off my chest! haha!

Maureen - Hi! Hope you are doing well! Hugs!

Last edited by jar1965; 08-22-2008 at 09:11 PM.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #49  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

I have sixty kids between 4 classes. I co teach 6th grade Math, 8th grade Science, and 8th grade GA studies. I teach 6/8th grade Math in a resource setting. It's crazy, but I love it. I truly feel I'm doing what God has called me to do.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #50  

Jeanne, the new house sounds nice! We'll all come for a house-warming party!!

Dori, I know what you mean about feeling like you are doing what God wants you to do. I know that I felt the same way about teaching. I truly enjoyed it, but dealing with the administration was another story. lol

Hmmm. I was thinking about jumping in the shower and going somewhere, but I just looked outside. The sky is getting a bit dark. Maybe I should check the weather channel before I head out. I don't like to be caught in storms.

Hope you are all having a good weekend!
Old 08-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #51  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Susan, I'm so sorry about your foot. I wear Orthaheel Wave Sandals (flip flops) from Footsmart. I have a big bunion on the side of my right foot. You might look them up.
Jeanne, your house sounds great! Your weather sounds good, too. Also, have you tried Raisin Bran cereal? It has lots of fiber in each bowl.
Dori, you have your hands full.
Tammy, did the chiro help you?
Maureen, I hope you're doing okay. Have you told your sons yet?

I went back to the eye dr. yesterday and all was looking good. I just hate that eye dilation. I drove very, very slowly going home.
Everyone have a great OP weekend.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #52  
Susan

Hi
The dr said no to any flipfopd sandals or barefeet. If I do he said it would be surgery. I have a specfic list of shoes with specfic requirements. It's because of the type it is and an arthritic condition.
My brother called and is coming to Daddy's party. They made sure to say they were going to one of her friends party afterwards so they so t stay long. He will be surprised when he sees my mom and dad.
Oh daddy got a wheel chair.

I will write more when I am not doing it from my phone. I promise tomorrow.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #53  
jeanne

Hi everyone! Today I went to my grandmas 92nd birthday/picnic! I had a nice time. I totally stayed OP. But..........with a 4# loss last week......it was my incentive. I didn't have any birthday cake and then when I got home I had a smart ones dessert. The chocolate cake with chocolate topping.

Tina - I love Raisin Bran!!! I alternate that and Kashi Go Lean. I also found a recipe today for 1 Pt. No Bake Cookies made with Fiber One Cereal, peanut butter, and chocolate bars! 1 POINT!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh, I can't wait to make them! Oh, I also bought Fiber One Pop Tarts at the store yesterday. 5 grams of fiber and only 3 points (I think). I had one tonight for a snack and it was pretty good.

Well, I was just hanging around the computer waiting to go to bed. Bob is on midnights, so I'll see him off here at 10:00 and then I'm going to bed. If I go now.........I'll be up (bright eyed and bushy tailed) at 4:00 a.m. haha!

I made baked zitti today! Mmmmm, scrumpous!!!!! I used lowfat ricotta, mozz. and parm. cheeses. I didn't check the point value but I'm sure you could make it for supper at 7 or 8 points per serving. Just thought I'd share that incase anyone was looking for some good lower point dinner ideas that the whole family would eat.

Good Night Girls~!
jeanne
Old 08-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #54  
jeanne

Hi Ladies! I feel so good today............ Yea, I know that is a good thing. Maybe it's my small weightloss. haha! I did take a sneek peek this morning on the scale and a saw a little movement again!!!!!! But, I won't get to excited until Thursday!

So, I'm guessing since it is so quiet here that ya'all had a great OP weekend. I hung around home with the exception of my grandmas birthday. I have started cooking EVERY night for dinner! My family asked me why we have been eating at home so much. I should be ashamed. I responded with the economy come back!

Well tonight I am doing a live walk web cast with Leslie Sansone!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited. I'll let cha' know how that goes. Does anyone here have any of her dvds? I just love mine!

Well I better get back to work..............I've been here since 10 and haven't gotten anything done -

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs~
jeanne
Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #55  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday to all!
Jeanne, it sounds like you had a great weekend. Congratulations for staying OP inspite of the birthday party.
I would love that baked ziti recipe. Please post it some time.

We had a pretty lazy Sunday. After church, we went to Black Eyed Pea and I made good choices. Then we came home and I goofed off while Larry had to put in a new lock on one door.
Last night we got food from a deli. Something in it really upset my stomach.
I don't think I'll want to go back for a long time.

Susan, sorry about your poor foot. I surely don't want you to have surgery. I hope you don't have to stand on your feet all day at school.

Dori, how are your classes? Are the kids pretty good?

Maureen, I'm thinking about you!

Tammy, I know you miss Tim. It's nice that he's not too far away. You'll have to go stay in his spare bedroom.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #56  

I went to the doctor this afternoon. He is putting me back on the dosage of bp medicine I was on before. He had just lowered the dose right before Bob passed. I have been taking it here at home, and up until the past several days, it has been fine. The doctor thinks it could be linked to Tim going back to school, and that since I am really here alone, that the grieving process might really just be starting. I think he could be right. He told me to take my bp several times a day and write it down. If it doesn't show improvement within a week, come back in. If it does, he wants to see me in a few months.

The life insurance check came today, so now I can pay the funeral home. I told the doctor that was a relief right there! I know that they were being patient about it, but it bothered me that I owed them. I think (hope) that most of the medical bills are paid.

Tina, when I went to the chiropractor that was the first time since I had been there in a few weeks. She told me, "You are a mess!" I think the stress is finally hitting. I go back to her on Friday.

Susan, glad your brother is coming to the party.

Jeanne, that's cool about the birthday party!! when I was a little girl, I went to my grandma's 16th birthday party! there was even a write up in the paper about it because this 16 year old had 13 children, lots of grandchildren, and some great-grandchildren. She was born on Leap Year, so it was kind of cheating to say she was 16 (really 64). I like baked ziti! Might have to make some soon. I have one of Leslie Sansone's dvd's but I haven't used it! I did have a tape that I used to use, but I think it got lost in the move a couple years ago.

Tim called last night to tell me he'll be home on Friday after his class. They don't have classes on Monday because of Labor Day, so he'll be here more than just overnight. I cried when he told me. What a wimp.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #57  
Susan

Hi,
I survived the first day back at school. My kids were excited. The one that left at Christmas to go to Ecuador came back.

Tammy, grieving is an on going process. You have been grieving but it's just at a different stage. Yes you need to take care of yourself!!!!! With all that you've been through I'm surprised you were on bp medicine before.... oh and you are NOT A WIMP!!!!! Just a loving mom!!!

Jeanne, way to go on your weight loss!

I'm down. I am close to losing that 10 pounds! I'll keep you posted on the progress.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #58  
Thursday Lady

Morning,
Susan, glad you survived school. Wow, to losing all that weight. Want to lose some of mine for me!!!

Tammy, your doctor is correct. With Tim gone, your stress level is higher. I hope y'all have a good holiday weekend.

Jeanne, glad you are feeling better. How's your weather? There's another hurricane coming up the Carribean soon. It's that time of year----one after another.

Dori, come up for air and let us know how you're doing.

Maureen, do you have a place to live yet?

My eye feels so much better now. When I stop the eye drops, I hope it stays well.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #59  
jeanne

Hi everyone! I'm off today!!!! Wooohooooo! They are calling for rain here!
Locally all the kids are back to school so our street is nice and quiet!!! We can sit outside during the day and just hear the birds.......ok, well maybe you can hear the neighbors yapppppppy dogs too! 2 doors down - they raise chicuahuas! I believe there is a city ordinance, but, I guess they choose not to enforce it!
I was so excited to do that walk with Leslie Sansone only to remember that Kaitlin started dance at 7:00! So, I have nothing to post about it! Kaitlins dance goes with the school year so it started Monday night! It's her 7th year! Wow! Time flies. This year she dropped Jazz and took Hip Hop! She also does ballet and pointe ballet.
Jessica has had three interviews at salons, but she is really hoping for a specific one to call her back!

Tammy - Hello! That was funny about your grandma. I had to read it twice at first! haha! Because I couldn't get past the 16 year old wtih 13 kids to see that you said Leap Year!!!
Get that BP under control and take care of yourself! When I was 28 & 29 I lost both of my parents and my grandfather and an uncle on my husbands side - all in the year an a half! I was on BP med and anti-depressants! NOT TOOO MENTION I had a 1 year old! I think of you everyday and will continue to say a prayer for you!

Tina - Hi! I hope you didn't get too much rain with that latest storm. We haven't had any rain. Our yards are so dry and brown its pathetic! However.....they are calling for some today! We'll see!

Susan - Yay on that weightloss!!! Keep it up! And, I'm glad school is going well!

Hi Maureen & Dori!!! Post soon! We are all thinking about you!

Well girls I'm going to go and run the sweeper, dust and get caught up on laundry! Have a great OP day!

Hugs~
jeanne

Last edited by jar1965; 08-27-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #60  
Thursday Lady

A quick note to let y'all know about my brother-in-law. They removed his prostate gland and 3 nodes today. One node looked suspicious so it went with the gland to be checked. Would you believe, they might kick him out tomorrow.
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.
After sitting in that hospital waiting room for 6 hours, I need to get on the treadmill and run!!!!!
Everyone stay OP.

Last edited by Tina; 08-27-2008 at 04:01 PM.