Old 08-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Thumbs up Thursday Chatters for August

Hello all,
It's so hard to believe that it's already August.
Some of us are having very, very hot weather right now. That should melt off the pounds.
For anyone new, we mainly follow the WW plans. We give out support and encouragement. We've been through tough times and happiness.
This is the place to come and stay.

As I said in the weigh-in thread, my scales have bitten the dust. Maybe it's just a worn out battery. I hope so.

Tammy, have you gotten your new mattress and furniture? When does Tim go back to school? You can always come here to let it all out!
Susan, when does school start. (I know that's a "dirty word." ) Stay indoors in this hot weather.
Jeanne, how are you feeling? Do you have any new recipes to share?
Dori, I know you're getting ready for school. Stay cool.
Maureen, are you well now? I hope so.

Anyone new, please come and post. We'd love to know you.

Tina
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #2  
Susan

Hi,
Thanks Tina for starting us off!!! Can you believe that I found us??? I just saw the weather forecast for this week..... 2 days are suppose to be 107. That is just insane!!!!

I am not doing so hot on my food. Not horrible but need to be better. I'm going to bump up the water!!!!!

School starts for me on August 18, the kids August 25. Sometime before the 18th, I have to go move rooms. Not looking forward to that since they won't have the ac on!!!

Off to balance the check book. Yuck!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

No a/c in the school rooms. That's outrageous. I don't care if the kids aren't there yet. If they don't want the teachers to faint, they'd better turn it on.
Today, I'm drinking all my water. It's just too hot for me. I can't believe you are going to have such temps. Right now, our heat index is 102.

Last edited by Tina; 08-01-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #4  
Susan

It's a shame about the a/c. They have it in the offices but not in the classrooms. That's why I wait until the very last minute to go up. They will turn it on when we officially go back. Stupid isn't it. Most teachers I know end up going up before school officially starts.

I'm not sure what our heat index is.... I just know I don't like it!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #5  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Well, I don't really know about the heat index here in Southeast GA. All I know is it's hot, hot, hot.

Susan - That stinks about the a/c. In the early summer they don't have it on at our schools, but when the secretaries return they turn it on. Most of the them return about a week and a half before we do. My official return will be August 7. I'm actually very excited and looking forward to it.

I had a follow-up with the urologist on Thursday and he found some blood in my urine. He's given me an antibotic (that I yet to have turn in). Bad I know. I have my 6 week follow-up with my ob/gyn on the 6th. So we'll see if there is still some blood in it. I'll keep you gals updated.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #6  
Susan

Hi Everyone,

Not much going on here. I went to the gym today and worked out yesterday. I'm a little sore from what we did yesterday in my upper body. Today, I went and walked and then did the elipitical.

Dori, make sure you get that prescription turned in. I can't believe you go back on the 7th. When do the kids start? I will be excited once it gets closer to starting time. Since I'm moving to a new school, I'm a little nervous. I shouldn't be but I am.

Stay cool everyone!!!! Maybe the pounds will melt off!
Old 08-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Tammy, how are you doing, my friend?????

Dori, get yourself down to the pharmacy and fill that Rx. You need to get rid of that! I can't believe it'll be 6 weeks so soon. Boy, time flies.

Susan, I didn't remember that you were going to a different school. How many children will you have in this one? I don't blame you for being a little nervous. However, you're a great teacher and your students love you. You'll do fine!

Jeanne, where are you?????

Maureen, are you feeling okay now? Anything new happening with you?

I haven't drunk all my water for the day. It's hot!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #8  

I need to catch up with the July posts!! Sorry that I haven't been here.

Tina, I am not getting the sleigh bed. I did really like it though. The furniture store called, and they will deliver everything on Wednesday afternoon! I am excited. I need to wash my new sheets for the big day. I also ordered a new quilt from JCPenney, and that order is in. We are picking it up tomorrow after church.

Susan, I agree with you about friends being the best!! Mine are kind of overdoing it right now. Out of 5 days this coming week, I am meeting people for lunch on 3 of the days. Good for you for doing the Race for the Cure!!

Dori, I can relate about those meeting days at the beginning of the school year. I always just wanted to work in my room since there is always so much to do. Lucky you for having that man stop and talk to you about your yardwork! Congrats on 3.8 by the way.

Went to the lawyer's office yesterday morning. They had been on the phone contacting different places so I didn't have to do it all. Found out that Bob had a couple accounts set up for me to still receive 1/2 of what he was getting if he passed away. The one account is less than $60 a month, but I figure every little bit helps. There is also an account with some stocks that I can either keep or sell. I am leaning toward selling if the price goes up. That will help with Tim's tuition.

Made decisions about the cars. We talked to the man who sold us our cars. I told him about Bob, and it really upset him. He knew he had been sick, but he had no idea how bad. Anyway, we are going to trade Bob's car and my van for a newer van. I want (need) one with an automatic liftgate on the back. I have so much trouble with the one that we have. He told me that he'll do as much as he can to get me something nice, and I'm sure they'll be good about the trade ins on the car and van. The people at that dealership are just awesome. I considered going to something other than a van, but with the arthritis in the back, the van is the best and most comfortable vehicle for me.

Went to Tim's apartment yesterday. That's the first he had seen it too. Nice! It isn't huge, but that's ok. Downstairs is a living room and kitchen/dining room. There is a wall with cupboards at the bottom and shelves at the top between the living room and kitchen. Under the stairway is a large utility closet with shelves. Upstairs there is a nice sized bathroom, a small bedroom with a decent sized closet, and a bigger bedroom (not real big) with 2 closets, one of those has shelves along one side. Off of the dining room is a patio with a wall separating it from one of the neighbors, but he'll be sharing with the one on the other side. The wall is an L-shape, so he can store the bike back there (even has a bike rack!).

We bought curtains and they are up already. A bit wrinkled, but he didn't care. Talked him into an air conditioner. He is lucky that his building has trees around it to block some of the sun. Since the apartments belong to the university, maintenance will come and install the AC this week sometime.

I think I'm going to go out and sit on the porch for a while and read.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, Wow, you've been so busy. I'm glad the attorney is taking care of things for you. When Mr. L. passed away, Larry had so much to do. But then, people were very, very nice, too.

That new van sounds like what you need.
How is Tim doing? Does he talk to you about Bob?

Take care of yourself.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #10  
Susan

Hi,
Pat just mowed and finished! It is 10:00 and 98 degrees. Should be 106 today!!! He was obsessing about mowing. What a strange man he is!!!

Tammy, sounds like the lawyer is really taking care of you. I agree with the idea of a new van. You need something that makes you feel more comfortable. I'm glad the car man is taking care of you too. Wish we lived closer!!!

Now with the temperatures here, I'll NEVER get you to come!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #11  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Morning Ladies!

Dori - Wooohoooooo and congrats on that 3.8#! Gooooooood job! And.....get on that antibiotic!!!!

Susan - Hi! Yes, he is funny about that grass mowing! Maybe you should buy some goats.......I hear they'll keep the grass cut for you! Just kidding! I can't believe the hot temps you gals are having! It's been very pleasant here in Pennsylvania!!!!! We have some hot days, but nothing like you!

Tammy - Hi! Isn't it strange how so many good things come out of something sad!! **All these friends trying to keep you busy, getting some new furniture and comforter set, Tim going to school and everything falling into place for him, the new van and how people are helpful!!!!! BOB is watching over you and taking care of things in a peaceful calming way!
PS - What are you reading? I love to read! And...........I sit on my porch and read too!

Tina - Hi! I'm here! Thanks for asking though! I have been pretty busy with work actually! We had a Friends & Family Day at the Pittsburgh Store Friday, the Kiosk today and next Friday in our Cranberry Twp. Store. (near Pittsburgh) So I did all the prep for that and then I have to be there ALL day for those. We also have to have FALL decor and product out by Aug. 1, followed by Halloween by Aug. 31 and then Christmas will start creeping out the end of Sept.
Good job going to the gym!

Maureen - HI! Hope you are doing well!

Well ladies..........I have done TERRIBLE....ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.....diet wise! I'm so disgusted with myself I could just scream..... You know, I have no excuses. My husband is an excellent provider and we keep 100 cl. snacks in the house, Smart Ones, diet pop, tons of bottled water....I could go on forever....(yes, and fruit)! We have a place to excercise, I could even go to the YMCA if I wanted too!!!!!! I guess I need a swift kick in the butt!!!!! I just can't "stick" with it! I dunno!
Well, yesterday I cleaned our basement and fruit cellar out. Urgh! We have a family room, utility room and then the scarey fruit cellar. We used to call it a dungeon! haha! My then 12 year old was not amused with it!!! Of course "WE" have all matured and out grew that over the years!
I'm gonna scoot for now. I have to go to the Kiosk and check on the kids. Thank goodness the mall is only 5 minutes from our house! My other stores are 45 minutes and an hour +!!!! The gas is killing me!

Have a great day girls!
Hugs
~jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #12  

Tim is doing ok. We talk alot about Bob. We have really talked about how Bob had things planned and how we think he knew more than we did just how sick he really was.

Susan, I told Tim yesterday that I need to come to Texas sometime and meet you and Tina. BUT I said I couldn't come when it is so hot!!! I also wish you all lived closer!

Jeanne, I am reading "Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul". Tim's gf loaned it to me. I am also trying to get back into reading the Bible. I kind of got off track a bit. I had another friend email me about doing lunch this week. Told her I"m too busy, so maybe the following week. I really need to get back on plan/program of some kind.

My head has been hurting tonight. I rarely get headaches. Might just take some tylenol and go to bed. Busy day tomorrow.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #13  
Susan

Hi,
It topped out at 107 degrees today. And is suppose to again tomorrow. Yuck!!!

Jeanne, I laughed at the goats! I've told Pat that before too and he just says "NO". I'm right there with you about needing to get in gear! I have NO excuses either, I need to just do it.

Tammy, I need to check that book out. I haven't seen it. Get some rest and hope your headache goes away!!!

Tina, I see another hurricane is coming that way.

Here is something to laugh at.... you know my tracker ....... I can't remember what weight I used so I don't if I'm up or down.... let me rephrase that... not sure how much I am off
Old 08-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Yes, this tropical storm just built up today in the Gulf. The weathermen are so excited. Hopefully, we'll just get lots of rain on Tuesday. We got a little rain tonight from another system.
Jeanne, we can all do this!
Tammy, you are too stressed out. Water aerobics would probably be good for you.
Susan, stay indoors tomorrow!
Dori, take care.
Maureen, I hope you are feeling okay.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #15  
Susan

The weather people are so funny!!! Ours are so excited that the temperature in over 100 because they are counting how many days in a row. I think we are on 11 that it has been in the 100's. They crack me up with all their joy!!!

Pat made the comment today (now this was after I had exercised and was dropping off his name badge) Did I really think the exercise was helping? I almost punched him!!!!! I guess he is going to start up on that "You're not losing weight" routine. If he is, I'm NOT in the mood to hear it!!!!! I can beat myself up, thank you very much!!!! I'm good at it

His company is going to have layoffs, and they are being bought by HP. It seems that he might be a little stressed about that. He made a statement about his stomach hurting this weekend so I'm sure it's because of stress.

As for my stomach, I go off all ulcer medicine tomorrow....... so I will let you know how it goes. I pray that everything is fine because I don't want to have any tests!!!!! Sounds like I'm a chicken

Better go fold the last of the clothes!!!