Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 09:22 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Happy Monday! 3/25/02

Good morning ladies!!!

Boy, I don't remember the last time I started a thread!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and stayed OP (I didn't). I am going thru what Ali is going thru right now. I have been on WW for 2 years, met my goal, and now have gained 10 pounds back. I was very strict with myself with I was on program, but the last 6-8 months I could care less, yeah, I may get motivated for a couple days, then lose it. For me, I think it is all about priorities. Being OP just isn't one at this point in my life, and I hate that!!

I need to refocus, and pep myself back up to do this. Summer is almost apon us, and I don't want my summer clothes to be too tight!!!

As for me and my life....DH is working LOTS of hours, the kids see him on Saturdays, but that is about it. Hopefully it will slow down in a couple months. We begin building our house in 2 1/2 months. All the paperwork is done, we have been approved for our loan (I am soooo poor! Stacey, the loan process is so easy, I swear they would have given us whatever we wanted, they really want our money!!!) and the lot is purchased. We have our builder, and now we are just waiting for him to start (he is finishing two other houses right now). My DD is on spring break from school (she is in Kindergarten) and going with my DS to his daycare, which makes life easy for me since I drop them off at 7 a.m. and am at work early (meaning I get off earlier!), lately I have been working until 6 p.m., too late, by the time I pick the kids up, make dinner and bathe them, it is 9 p..m!! I feel like a single mother lately!! The kids have been a breeze, it is the dog that is driving me nuts (chews on everything!!). But, he is trained now, so life is much easier! When our new house is completed in August, we are installing an electronic fencing system for Zeus. It will be nice letting him run on our acre lot and not worry about him leaving the yard or getting hit by a car.

Work is crazy, I am living out of boxes until we get our keys for the new building, which I hope will be today or tomorrow. So, when we are moving, I will be absent until I get my new system set up (or I may just jump on the laptop, if I can find it in the box!). I am so excited about my new office. It will be so nice being in the hub of student life, I really enjoy that. It definately makes the day go by faster, when there is commotion going on (remember, my office is in the basement of the library now!, no excitement!).

Well, I have rambled on about myself too much! Sorry! I hope lots post today, since all my work is packed up, I have nothing to do, but talk to you all!!!

BBL......
Old 03-25-2002, 10:15 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Tonya: Maybe this is our "rebellious teen phase" of our weight maintanence program, I don't know, but hey if we're both going through it at least we're not alone in this. I am all for getting my summer body back!! Wow an acre lot? That's awesome! Good luck with the building process.. Take pictures along the way, show us and make us jealous!!

It has been a sytrange weekend. Well I ate too much chocolate on Sat, but I am PMSing, so that's okay right On the otehr hand on Sat afternoon while driving back to my parent's house I spun out on the highway and got stuck, luckily I was fine and some people stopped to help me and I managed to drive away about 20 mins later. Then yesterday I found out the same thing happened to a guy I used to hang out with at college and he was in his car with his dad and his dad was killed (this happened last week). I feel so badly for the guy I knew and his family. This defintely reminded me how lucky I was.

On top of that it looks like my dad is diabetic, does this surprise me? No, his brother is and my dad's eating habits are bad, I am sad that he most likely has it, but I am hoping this will make him look after his health more. This also reminds me more and more about how careful I have to be about what I eat (with high bp on BOTH sides of the family and diabetes).

Sorry to be a downer,

Have a good day!

Ali
Old 03-25-2002, 10:28 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Unhappy Tonya & Ali -

You're not alone! I went to a ww meeting on Saturday to find out I am 10 pounds above my goal weight. So.... I am sick of feeling like this and have vowed to get this weight off, especially before I gain any more. It really is something that is on my mind all of the time. I ate within my points Fri, Sat and Sun, though, so I feel a bit better.

And I ran an 8K yesterday!! One of my New Year's resolutions is to run a 10K this year, so yesterday's race really made me believe that I can do it! An 8K is 4.97 miles and I didn't walk once and finished in 54 minutes! I ran with a friend and we were so proud of ourselves!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 03-25-2002, 10:30 AM   #4  

Angry

Ali ~ Yeah, lets stick together! I need that motivation back that I had early on.

Jen ~ Way to go on the 8K! Wow, you finished in great time!! That had to earn you awesome points back!

Well, I blew breakfast. I had a chocolate chip muffin (I am sure it was 6 points) but will make up for it at lunch (I am having a WW baked potato!). I am trying!!!!!
Old 03-25-2002, 10:33 AM   #5  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Activity points

Speaking of points, can anyone tell me approximately how many points I would have earned running yesterday? I have never gotten materials on how it works and was trying to figure out how many points a run like that would earn me.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2002, 11:11 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Tonya: 6 points for breakfast isn't too bad, plus you have the rest of the day so I am sure you'll be fine! One of the elements in my oven has gone so I haven't been able to bake a potato in a while I need to pressure my roomie to pressure the landlord to fix it. We'll both look amazing by the summer (not that we don't look amazing already!!!, we'll just feel better being that extra bit fit).

Jen: Okay, we're all in this together then! I am sure you most likely would have earned at least 7 or so points from that run!! Probably more! Basically on days like that having a little extra is probably more necessary than on other days.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-25-2002, 11:12 AM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Me too!

Hi everyone! Just dropping in while I'm on break. Had a nice weekend, spent most of it with BF watching Stephen King's Rose Red (I taped it but we never got around to watching it). I was pretty disappointed with it--so disappointed that I slept through most of the third part (probably the best part, right?)

Tonya--I'm going through the same thing that you are. The thing that really sucks is that I've only been on WW for about 3 months and the only goal I've reached is my 10%. I was doing so well for those three months and I really need to get back to it. I think my biggest issue is willpower. If I want something, I haven't stopped myself from eating it lately. I just have to get back into taking care of myself right...

Ali--Sounds like you had kind of an emotionally exhausting weekend. I hope things get better for you!!

JenK--Congrats on the 8K yesterday! I would find your activity points for running yesterday, but I don't have my Points Booster at work with me. If nobody tells you by tomorrow, I'll tell you how many points you earned, K?

Alrighty, I gotta get a little work done. I'll check back in later.
Old 03-25-2002, 11:57 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey gals... You are not alone!!! I lost my excess baby weight, only to find myself in a funk now that I have the additional to lose! I did this right before I got PG the first time. As we started "trying" I started forgetting that I was on WW! That is why I gained 35 pounds while PG! I don't want this again! We have one month of pill withdrawl and then we will officially be trying again! I am soooo excited... but I still have more to lose! I do pretty well during the week... then I lose it on the weekends! UGHHH! I made some reallllllllllllly yummy blueberry bran muffins for Sunday breakfast!

Use Krusteaz Blueberry Muffin Mix (the have a low fat version). I put 2 cups of All Bran cereal in a bowl with 1 cup of water to soften it. Then mixed it with the muffin mix and whatever else the box called for! Made 18 muffins and they were 1 point each with all the fiber. Actually I think mine were closer to 1.5, but they were awesome. One more thing to keep on program!!!!

Jen, I figured your exercise points based on 60 minutes of high intensity... it is 7 points, tho you can only use 4 of them according to the "WW Book of Rules"

Have a great day gals!!
Old 03-25-2002, 12:22 PM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Thanks for the help with the activity points. It is funny that they say you can only use 4. Clearly whoever wrote those rules never ran for an hour straight! I was STARVING all day yesterday and did my best to eat well, but ended up going 8 points over. It's hard because I got up at 7 am and had a bowl of cereal before the race, ran at 9:30, and then had a bagel when I crossed the finish line, so it's like eating 2 breakfasts! Oh well - I'm not going to worry about going over. I was still very careful about what I ate.

Jen - How exciting that you are going to try for baby #2!! My sister is pregnant with #2 and I can't wait to have another one to spoil!
Old 03-25-2002, 12:36 PM   #10  
Running Babe

JenL: Those Bran Muffins sound really yummy.

JenK: I think those rules are in place so people don't go to overboard with the exercise just to over eat, but realistically if you have a big run one day I am sure your body might need more than the 4 extra points so I say go ahead and have the 7.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-25-2002, 10:17 PM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals!

How are you all? I had a pretty good weekend. The premarital training was really good. We met some fun people & learnred a few things about finances, communcation, expression of love, etc. They had a whole sex talk which was sort of interesting. We learned about the history of contraceptives-not really pertinent but interesting. I can't believe the things people used to try! Thank goodness we're in the era we're in! Another good thing about the weekend was that they supplied us with lunch & it turned out to be Subway! They hadn't put any sauces on either, just left them on the tables for us to use ourselves. I was thankful for that because then I could have a healthy lunch. Eating the rest of the weekend wasn't so hot. I was just over my points most days but we only had vegetables once on the weekend! Oh well-it definitely could have been worse! We got in some good visits with our family & we got some more wedding planning done. We were really tired when we got back last night. Work was so long today! I really didn't want to go in but that's life.

Good news! Today was my WI & according to the scale I'm down 6 pounds last week! If you all remember I was up a whole bunch last week & was freaking out. Of course I forgot it was pms time so it was all water weight. My TOM doesn't start until tomorrow but apparently I'm not retaining water today. Anyway if you don't count last week's water gain I am down 2 more pounds from prewater WI Know what's a huge sign of progress for me? I missed exercising this weekend! I felt really restless & on every break we had I went for a quick walk around the parking lot. I haven't experienced the longing for exercise since high school when I was in super shape & I'd be in between sports seasons. I didn't have time to make it to the gym today but I am really psyched about going tomorrow morning I really hope I can figure out how to hang onto this motivation I feel right now

Jen, have fun with trying for your second little sweetie! This weekend I found out some of our good friends is trying for their secong right now too! Its so exciting

JenK, congrats on your 8k! You'll be doing a 10k in no time!

Tonya, sorry to hear hubby is so busy! Have fun with your new office space!

Jess, you remind me of my DF-he always falls asleep in the good parts of movies! Sometimes even when we're in the theatre!

Ali, glad to hear you're ok after your little driving incident. That's sad about your friend's dad. Good luck with getting your summer body back. There is a gym here that is running ads on the radio saying there is only (blank) number of hours until swimsuit season. They update it everyday! I think today it was some thing like 1262 or something

A big HEY! to everyone else out there. Hope you all had great weekends! Talk to you all tomorrow

-Rina
Old 03-25-2002, 10:20 PM   #12  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Is it too late to post??

Hi everyone! I absolutely think internet filters are the devil!!!
JenK: Thanks for the good thoughts about the Sooners! Now, I hope we can make it to the end!!! Woo Hoo!
Kirsty: Still chocolate free! I can't wait until Sunday morning, though. I bought some Toll House cookies with Fudge and some with Caramel in the middle to bake up and take to the church brunch on SUnday morning. It's not the usual brunch food, but I'd rather not have the big lot of cookies in my kitchen. What does the new ice cream have in it? SOunds very interesting!
To all: I miss talking to you all everyday!
We are in the process of replacing our ceiling in the living room, so my dad and DH are making a mess of everything and I'm in the bedroom coughing up a lung from the insulation (sp?) and crap flying through the air...not fiberglass, but the other stuff.
I'm PMS-ing so I don't know how I'll do at WI tomorrow night. I feel really bloated, but then again, you never know. Part of me wants to wait until later on in the week, but I've got something everynight this week!!
Well, I can't stop coughing, so I'm going to lock myself in the other bedroom and read.
Hi to everyone I didn't get to!
Closed Thread