Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 09:17 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday's Thread

Just starting the thread... Will post in a minute.
Old 04-02-2002, 10:03 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Posting Now...

Well, WI is tonight. GULP. I did really well all week, but then the weekend rolled around and I'm not feeling so confident. I think that I probably lost--I had banked points and everything, so I'm hoping it all came out in the wash... Besides, I'm sick with a nasty cold and don't feel like eating much of anything, so maybe that'll make a difference tonight.

Well, I think I'm getting a new car. I currently drive a 97 Sunfire. I'm going to get a brand new one, this time with a sunroof. The payments will be almost the same, this car will just be nicer. I'm having a little trouble deciding what color to get, though. It's a toss-up between dark blue (my first color choice, but has manual windows) or silver (with power windows)...

Well, ladies, it's break time... Will check back later.
Old 04-02-2002, 10:12 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey Jess, definately get the power windows. My old car had manual ones and they were a pain, especially in winter. Oh and I have a cold also. I just hope mine goes away before the weekend. I have to teach an all day training session by myself and if I have a cold it will make talking miserable. Plus, I usually lose my voice be the end of the day anyway, and with a cold I will lose it really early! BLUCH!

The weather here is lousy. I had an 8:00 meeting this morning and it was outside in this sleety snow junk. My hair is trashed and I forgot my mittens in the car so my hands froze and my feet went numb. All in 30 minutes!!

Other than that... I have a doc appointment soon... YUCK!
Old 04-02-2002, 10:22 AM   #4  

Angry

Jen ~ Sorry you are feeling crummy. I hate this weather we are having, it is April for heaven's sake!!!!! I understand about the voice thing. I teach computer software classes here at the University and when I teach a two hour long class, I can barely talk afterwards, can't imagine doing it with a cold!!

Jess ~ Definately go with the silver! I agree with Jen on the power windows, couldn't live without them now, but silver is sooo much easier to keep clean!! (We have a silver Toyota Corolla and a BLACK GMC Yukon), guess which one I wash every week??????

Well, I know it is very small steps, but I actually stayed OP yesterday and didn't screw up once. I hate to say it but I don't remember the last time I stayed OP, even a day!! I am going to get this weight off.

I hadn't weighed myself for a month, so I hopped on the scale this morning, and I am happy to report I stayed the same, and haven't gained. So, 147 is my start weight for the spring challenge. I want to get to 135, so I need to lose 12 pounds. It would be nice to do it by June 1st. We will see!!

I am walking on my treadmill tonight....exercise is a key!!

I really had a sleepless (and dreamy) night last night. I don't know what my problem is. Maybe stress. My DH has been working so much overtime, (we only see him on Saturdays!), and so I am feeling like a single mom, plus work is busy and trying to deal with some house building things, I think my brain is having a hard time relaxing at bed time!!

Anyone want to go out for a drink with me tonight?

Well, I have written a book! Better get back to work...TTYL....
Old 04-02-2002, 10:54 AM   #5  
Running Babe

I did so well yesterday... I am still not sure about the Body for Life challenge yet I think it is a little restrictive on real food, but I ate 6 times yesterday and that helps soooo much!! It helped me refrain from over eating in the evening which has been my downfall as of late!

I gotta run!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 04-02-2002, 05:01 PM   #6  

Wow, where is everyone??? It has been like this for over a month. I am starting to wonder if anyone is coming back!!

Went to the doctor and had to be weighed. I haven't weighed in a couple weeks, and it showed me up 4 pounds. If I remember right, I was high the last time I went, so I hope it is the scale. It's a new digital one instead of the slide bar ones, so who knows.

Oh Vegas news... I am so excited. Found a better deal for the hotel with a free breakfast for 2 and some other things.. called the hotel and they graciously changed my reservation. I was soo happy, I'm saving money!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:13 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi ladies! I was surprised to see 4 posts and 46 views! Where is everyone?

Jen: I feel crummy, too. Breathing smoke didn't help my asthma, but now a cold seems to have caught up to me and I feel blah. My throat has hurt all day and throat lozenges aren't helping one little bit

Jess: I'm still on my new car hunt, too. I ended up fixing my old car so I have a little more time. I'm hoping to have something by the summer, though. I'm looking at mini SUVs, or a convertible. If I get an SUV, I definitely want a moonroof, too. I have a '94 Mitsubishi Mirage now!

Well, gotta finish some work. See you all tomorrow. I'll try to post earlier in the day so I can actually correspond with everyone!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:56 PM   #8  

Yah Kim, all those views make me wonder why people don't post. Maybe they don't like us anymore!!!

My hubby wants a convertable! I don't think it is practical here in Wisconsin, our winters are harsh. Oh well! Good luck shopping, let us know what you get!
Old 04-02-2002, 07:22 PM   #9  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default WI Tonigh...

Duh, Duh, Duhhhhhhhhhh (like tv show music)
I can honestly say I don't lurk....I wish I could! Still no reprieve of the Internet filter, but hopefully soon!
Jess, I agree with everyone else....POWER WINDOWS!! They make the drive thru's easier, too!
I managed to bank 3 points yesterday!! I'll need it tomorrow night when I go to my church choir's monthly pot-luck dinner.
Hi to all!
Whoops! I'm late for weigh in!
Old 04-02-2002, 10:45 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals, just popping in to see what I missed out on today. Hope you are all in good spirits. I have a terrible cold but seem to be over my stomach flu from yesterday. I am so wiped out. This morning I slept in until 9:30 & then I had a shower, dressed, read the paper & then I ladi on the couch until I had to go to work at 1:30!! Right now I'm wiped out & want to be in bed but I have to pick DF up from work at 10. I don't know if its cuz I'm sick or what but this week has been about comfort food for me. I went grocery shopping tonight after work & I bought things that I haven't bought in ages. Not good but in a way I don't care! Bad I know. I haven't been to the gym yet this week due to being sick. My plan is to go tomorrow morning. Of course if I have this little of energy we'll see if it happens. Anyway I've rambled on enough. Hopefully I'll have time to pop in tomorrow before I head off to work. Take care all! All you lurkers don't be shy! Come share with us.

-Rina
Closed Thread