Old 07-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning Turtles:

Well, I had my w/i and was up 1# - I was very good at beginning of week, but had too much bread the last couple of days. So, I guess that is what did it. But meeting was good & very motivating, so hopefully get my butt back on track.

Judy - that message is very true, thanks!

It is very hot up here - I stayed at trailer Thurs night and came home for mtg. - my daughter is there now with some friends, so I might just have a relaxing day at home.

Anyway, hope we all have a great week & lose some weight. Good luck!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Bandit, I know what you mean. When I eat more bread even within the allowable points, my weight doesn't budge as well===and yet the problem is that I really like bread. I'm sending you : to knock off some more weight. Enjoy your weekend!!!

What is it about the summer anyway? I never put into thought that it's not easy to lose weight in the summer and yet every summer I have stopped going to WW's and rejoin at the very end of August. Oddly enough I do well
right through Christmas so what is this about????? I am going to change that pattern and do well this summer and make it a first where I weigh less at Labor Day than Memorial Day. (for the non-USA'ers that's beginning of Sept. and end of May.

to us all for keeping this site going!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #18  

Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. Been real busy with the two little ones. I will try to post again soon.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Afternoon everyone! I am back at work today, it sure is hard to be here after having a week off! I was not good at either eating or exercising over my vacation.. but as of today I am back on track!

Hope all is well with everyone... I will post more tomorrow but have lots of catch up to do today.

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #20  

Princess - glad you had a nice holiday. You really have done great with your weight loss - any tips for us "backsliders" would be appreciated.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #21  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, thanks for keeping us going!
Princess, glad you had a good vacation. It's good to hear you're back on track.
Cherry, we know you're busy with the little guys. Do the best you can.

Things go well here. It's late and I'd like to eat, but I'm not going to!!!!

Let's get this group going! We can do it!!!
Judy
Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #22  

Hi turtles:

Had good day yesterday with my menu & had nice chicken caesar salad for supper & having regular salad with leftover chicken for lunch.

Tonight, gf coming & we are having pork tenderloin with rice & salad & of course, our wine.

Cut grass last night since it was cooler than has been in awhile, but I was very hot & tired when finished.

So, hoping all you turtles are staying OP!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #23  

Howdy all! It is warm here also but it was cooler yesterday and with less humidity so like Bandit I cut grass last night also and a bunch of other yard work and will be out again this evening working on some more along with cleaning up the garage... ugh, it is a cluttered mess.

Not many words of wisdom coming from me lately... I am having a hard time getting it all back together too. I am just trying to remember why I started back to WW two years ago and it was to get healthy and fit... that is what I keep telling myself... LOL.

Still trying to catch up here at work so I have to sign off for now.

Princess
Old 07-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Boy, this must be time to weed and mow because I"ve spent a couple of days doing the same thing. The yard looks so much better now. I got several bagsful of yard debris to the curb and the town came through and collected it so that's a good thing.

Food is going much better. I made an Impossible Veggie Pie with broccoli and it is really good. I had a simple hardboiled egg sandwich for lunch and it was a nice change from a turkey sandwich. I'll weigh in tomorrow. Not easy getting back on track but I've made some small progress and that's a good thing.
I also worked on my quilt today. I'm making a small quilt for Christmas. It's
a simple one--the fabric is all one piece with printed patches of Christmas motifs on it. I have bordered the fabric with solid green and then a darling green Christmas tree print after that. I've got the top and bottom and batting basted together and I think I'll try sewing some rows now. Remember how Ariana would talk about her quilting? It's a good hobby for me.

Take care and be well and let's work this boot camp without beating ourselves up!
Judy
Old 07-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #25  

Sorry I have not posted lately. As you can see by my ticker I have gained most of my weight back. I have not given up though. I was down to 229 this morning. I am feeling so tired this morning so i won't write to much.

Hello to all the Turtles. Hope you have an OP day!
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:17 AM   #26  

Hi turtles:

Judy - hope you saved me a piece of your pie, that is now one of my favourite recipes & hope the rest of the turtles trying making it.

Cherry - hang in there, we can do this together. Remember - Baby Steps

I seen this on the forums & brought today for breakfast:

1 banana (I cut down middle) wrapped in small tortilla with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. This was very good & filling. Mine was 6 points, but worth it for sure. Easy on the go breakkie!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #27  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I went to WW WI this morning and lost 2.6# I've got lots more to go but at least I'm heaDING in the right direction.

Princess, here's : to keep on track. You've helped us all through these last couple of years and we're here for you too.

Bandit, thanks for the recipe for breakfast on the go. It sounds yummy.

Cherry, remmeber you can do this. Don't beat yourself up, just write down what you eat and eat good foods.

Take it easy and let's get thinner by the end of the summer!
Judy
Old 07-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #28  

Morning all and happy Thursday! As of today I am seriously back on track... went swimming last night at the YMCA and it felt great but would have felt much better if I was in better shape and not carrying as much weight around. So I have made up my mind to simply follow the plan, exercise like I should and get some hobbies going to keep me busy.

My vegetable garden is doing really well now that the rains have let up a bit. Picked some green peppers and a couple of green beans last evening and will have some cucumbers coming in soon... really eager for the tomatoes to start turning red! I am going to try and can or freeze as much as possible this year, with food prices going thru the roof every little bit helps. I have been going to the farmers market on Saturday mornings and even their prices are sky high... ugh! But I love the farmers market! We have a few small ones scattered around the area, no really large ones like we have back in Pennsylvania but the smaller ones are nice too.

It is hot here! Oh Lord it is getting hot... I don't mind so much but DH hides inside in this hot and humid weather... he is a cool weather kind of guy... LOL. I gave our black lab a bath yesterday afternoon, have to do her outside with the hose as she will not get in the bath tub and she is too big and heavy to argue with... She is very partial to DH, he calls her his "princess" and the whole time I was bathing her she had a look on her face that said something like "I am soooo going to tell my daddy when he gets home!!!" LOL... she smells better though! . Dropped one of the other dogs off at the groomers this morning on my way to work for a bath and cut so she is not happy with me either... there will be no peace for me in the house tonight I fear... LOL.

Judy: Congrats on the 2.6... very awesome! You are on your way now!

Bandit: Your breakkie sounds wonderful and very portable! I eat mine at work so portable is the name of the game for me.

Cherry: Like Judy says, baby steps!

Part of me has a mental bloke and I tend to sabotage myself every now and then, I do really well and then hit a wall. Well as this is truly a lifestyle change I guess that is something that I need to work on. For me... this is not only a lifestyle change but a huge mental shift also... I need to stop making excuses for myself when I hit a wall and learn to pass through the wall instead of stopping in front of it for a few days... easier said then done but something that I need to learn to do.

If anyone has been watching the Olympic trials (swimming) that Dara Torres is a huge inspiration to me... 41 years old and has the most incredible shape/tone/muscles I have ever seen. I maybe five years older then her but she still puts me to shame when I look in the mirror... 41 and is whipping the pants off of women half her age... what dedication and perseverance she must have every single day.

Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-17-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #29  
Chick

Hey Princess, you're sounding like the gal we know and love!!! Glad to have you back on track. I sabotage myself all the time over the least little things.
It's definitely something I am working on and I aim to get this right.

I love that you're going to can tomatoes. I did that for years when I was younger and there is nothing like homegrown tomatoes in the winter. And now I use canned tomatoes in so many more food recipes than I did earlier. Then I pretty much made spaghetti sauce. Now I use tomatoes with rice and crockpot dishes. Yes, food prices are going through the roof.

Last night already wasn't great, but I pointed it out recorded it and I'm considering myself on track. Tonight dh and I are heading out to dinner and we're having a couple of BBQ's over the weekend, so we'll be sociable, but I've got a new broccoli slaw salad to try and I know I can do this.

Bandit, keep up the good work!
Cherry, you can do this!
Onward and downward to us all. No sense in beating ourselves up AND no sense in going off program when we have 35 points to use and activity points if we need them.
good luck to us all! We can do this. :clap:
Judy
Old 07-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #30  

Hi ladies:

Judy - WOW what a great weight loss! Good for you!

Princess - glad you are back on track & feeling better. And I know I sabotage myself as well. It seems when I do really well, I must think on some level that either I don't deserve to be thinner or that I do deserve extra treats.
Either thing is not good. So, something I also need to work on for sure.

I have done well this week & have gotten in 2 big walks (6 laps around track) with daughter at nearby school, as well as some swimming time at trailer.
But, this a.m. a croissant was left on my desk by co-worker & I ended up eating it (along with my breakast) - needless to say I was pretty full & felt
sooooooo guilty. So I didn't eat all my lunch. But still, I truly didn't need to have it, but I did. That is only thing this week I feel bad about.
Hoping it won't reflect at the scales!

I need to focus on just having what I have already prepared & planned for & just say NO to temptations.

Have a great day!