Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 09:32 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Okay the truth comes out

I have been eating terribly for the past few months. I am usually good more often then bad, but when I am bad I am really bad. I just can't seem to get myself out of this funk. I mean I am at goal (still under), but for some reason I am almost "rebelling" against the system and then feeling bad about it. Sure I am great about giving advice, but as of late I haven't been following my own. I just don't want to gain any weight that's all. Argh! There, there's my rant, sorry I needed to let off steam. I figure today is my last day of work so I will treat myself, but starting tomorrow I'll try and be OP excapt for my designated "treat day"..... This is so frustrating, yhet I am really the only one to blame... grrrrr.

Have a good weekend!

Ali
Old 03-24-2002, 10:28 AM   #2  

Hello Ali... I've been a member of WW since April 2001 and just yesterday reached my 50 lbs lost mark (I still have 50 to go). I've been in a bit of a funk the last few months as well... literally one week I'd gain, the next I'd lose - repeated for about 2.5 months. It was very frustrating because I really did want to lose the weight, but i just couldn't seem to get back 'with the program'. I talked to my leader about it and she said that I was doing was basically going through a 'self-induced' plateau of sorts. I'd been on the program for months, it was successful and working, and I was basically testing the boundaries of it... to see how far it would flex and bend. I think it comes down to the fact that once you're on it for awhile you realize that it can still work without being as strict about food as you may have been in the beginning... so you test to see how far you can go with it. Which, she says, is normal. I don't suppose there's any real advice in here anywhere, but I just wanted to pass on what she'd said to me.

BTW, after listening to her talk about this, she gave me a challenge. 2 weeks ago I got to 49.8 lbs lost so she gave me a challenge to lose 0.2 lbs. Basically the smallest amount you can lose. And for whatever reason it worked. I wasn't concerned about losing multiple pounds... there's such a pressure surrounding that. All I did was focus on doing everything I could possibly do to lose that little amount and yesterday I did it. I weighed in and surpassed the little goal she had set for me - breaking the pattern of up, down, up, down. I had 2 consecutive losses in a row for the first time since before Christmas.

Hmm... I guess maybe the moral to this long-winded story afterall, is to think small. Don't stress yourself out over the big picture... take each meal at a time, each day at a time, then each week at a time. Slowly those small steps will build up to something bigger and you won't even realize it.

Christine
Old 03-24-2002, 11:18 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Christine: Thanks, you see when I was losing wieght I was one of those "ultra" dedicated members. For me going off-Program was having like 30-35 points a day (and I'd do that *maybe* once a month). When I started to maintain I was still losing at 30 points a day. Then I'd have a 60-70 point day here and there and just eat about 30 the rest of the time, I'd still lose weight... then it caught up with me, so I gained some weight (some that I needed to, I got too skinny), but now I want to lose a few of the pounds that I also gained. Maintanence is a ***** sometimes lemme tell ya! But yeah after being OP all the time it is easy to slip up.SO I am trying to find a middle ground which is still not easy!

I am lucky, I haven't really reverted to my old fast food ways (thank god) and so that has helped as well (I am from Quebec and a lover of poutine). Congrats to losing 50lbs btw!! Perhaps we all need a self-induced plateau once in a while though to let our brains catch up with our bodies. You also sound like you have an awesome leader! That's fabulous!

Take Care!

Ali
Closed Thread