Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

[B]Hi Ladies[B],

I got up early today and got my exercise done. I am having to really work at keeping myself OP because part of me doesn't want to do it. I want to do it, but I am feeling kind of like you Ruth with the ho hum attitude and feelings. So this is the struggle time when I have to treat myself like a child and discipline me... making me do what I know is right to do.

Ruth - Just hang in there. Check your food by journaling. I was ready to stop journaling for a while thinking "I know what to eat" to stay within pts, but I recognized that as that mood I get into when I set myself up for failure. That is when I found out the ice cream I was eating was more pts than I wanted to spend for it. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat and you are doing a lot of exercise and I think that once your body adjusting to that right now and when it has adjusted to what is going on then you will begin to start losing weight again. Only this time you really will be losing weight. I've had the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich and love it, but I haven't been to store to get it yet. I haven't eaten any of the 4 pt ones since I found out their pt count.

Angelia - I'm glad your tummy is better and hope that cold leaves you soon. BTW What was your Holiday this week?

Jane, Pat and Marty How has your day gone?

Y'all have a good evening and I'll see ya tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 07-02-2008, 08:44 PM   #62  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hi Trish....nothing! no Wii Fit...arghhh one of my friends called me while I was at work to say her sister saw one at this store literally across the city from where I was....hmmmm I did call....GONE!
Im Canadian so my holiday yesterday was Canada Day...we are 141 years old. Don't look bad eh? ha ha
The cold seems worse today, ate on program. But feel really shakey,,,even my lips are quivering,,,perhaps too much talking ha ha but seriously I just feel blah.
Came home to a letter from the Lapband program,,,asking if I was still interested. Duh. well hmm me calling and asking about classes,,,doesn't mean a thing? And the thing is the receptionist is kinda cranky,,,and gets really nasty if you ask too many questions. I so feel like writing that down...that perhaps they need someone who is more customer service at the desk....grrrr (no not me,,,ha ha I could be crankier,,,some days)

I should go to a walk in clinic,,,,perhaps i need anitbiotics. But I need to run out and get some cowboy boots. The group of co workers Im going to the rodeo with next week has a limo picking us up.....wahoooo its really hard to kick up my boots if I don't have boots.
well off to Winners I go
Old 07-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #63  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Angie - I'd like to be going off in a limo somewhere. Only rode in one once, but it was fun. So why is the lapband people calling now? Why the wait, I mean? Yikes, sounds like the receptionist needs a new attitude for sure! Yep, you do need some boots. Tell us about them, when you get them. Happy belated Canada Day.

Trish - I'm glad you're feeling a little more motivated. The way I see it, we don't have to be perfect, as long as we are doing some healthy things for our bodies. I may be overeating sometimes, but at least I'm eating mostly healthy foods, getting more exercise than I thought I would, and am dealing with stress in a better way than before.

Ruthie - I know how you feel about the ho hum feelings. Sometimes I get very discouraged. We don't have any plans for the 4th. Mary has to work, so we're watching the kiddos until Katie and Clint pick them up for the parade and fireworks in town. I think I'm going to like not having a cookout at the house, like we usually do.

Marti, Pat, and Mary Kate - how are you doing today?

As I said, I'm doing pretty good. I've been op with food 3 days straight, now, but it hasn't been easy. I'm trying to focus on moving more, eating healthy foods, and being kind to myself.

I only got 3 hours sleep last night because I was up at the ER with my xmil. She's ok, but gave us a scare. None of her children live around here, so DS and I were there for her. She's such a sweetie!

Later,

Last edited by Jane; 07-02-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:51 AM   #64  

Good morning girls,

Well, I couldn't sleep so I decided to get on the treadmill, that was at 4:50 am.....walked 30 minutes for 1.35 miles. Now I'm sitting here on the couch relaxing with my bottle of water. Going ot fix a bowl of cereal, eat and then spend a few minutes on the wii before getting reading for work!

Trish & Jane, thanks so much for the pep talk!! For the first time in my life I really feel like I'm focused on being healthy and really want to get this extra 40 pounds off. So like you, I'm determined and find myself pushing myself to go the extra mile when it would be so easy to just eat what I want and sit on my butt!!!

Angelia, maybe a trip to the clinic is what you need. I hope you get to feeling better soon. You probably need a whole lot of rest and it doesn't sound like you have been able to acheive that. Sounds like you and your freinds are going to have a good time, enjoy. Oh, happy Canada Day!!

Well, our office is having a cookout today for the 4th. I plan on eating one hamburger pattie, no bread and baked beans...I will probably pass on dessert...maybe I should run to Walmart and pick up my own weight watcher dessert.

My DH and I don't have any plans for the weekend. With gas prices as high as they are we will just stay home and do a few things around here. I might go see my mother this weekend, she lives an hour away.

The only other plans I have for the month is on the 19th. My daughter Chasity has located an old boyfriend via myspace. They dated when she was 17, her son was like 18 months old at the time. He was military, worked a second job at a steakhouse where she worked. They dated 3 or 4 months, he was wonderful to my grandson and even took Chasity home to Texas to meet his family. They eventually broke up because of her immaturity (jealousy) and I think she has always regretted it. They have been talking via the internet for a month or so now, he lives 3 hours from here, but on the 19th the band he is in will be playing in a town an hour away...so we are making the trip. She is nervous and scared...she is hoping that this works out...but says that she thinks it's too good to be true. Anyway, girls...say a little prayer for her...I would love to see her settle down with someone that would treat her good.

Well, time to get back to my morning ativities...breakfast and more exercise!!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #65  

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies...

So I'm thinking that I'm not doing WW as well as I should be. Well, I'm not thinking, I'm knowing!

I'm kind of doing it half-a$$ed and that's really not how I should be doing it. I'm not trying hard enough to get my points in and I'm not making sure I eat more than breakfast & dinner.

I need to REALLY jump in and make a more of an effort to do this.

Since when did I get so darn lazy???

WI is on Sunday so we shall see if there is movement!!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #66  

Hello Ladies,

This will be a quick one. DH has gone to have his first PSA test after surgery and we'll have results from that in a few weeks. We expect that to be fine. He is coming along fine, but body is still making adjustments to things so we still don't go far from home for very long at a time. We don't have any plans for the 4th. Everybody is out of town that we would spend it with. So we are going to just take it easy and probably watch old movies. DH is a movie guy and he has a library of dvds and videos. The movers teased us that it was like moving Blockbuster. lol Cable is supposed to be here in a few hours to set us up with HD/DVR and I'm going to get the living room cable box in my bedroom. Yey. Now when I want to watch something different from DH I can go watch in the bedroom.

Angelia - I agree... you need to go to the clinic just to be sure everything is okay. I hope you are feeling better. If not get to the clinic. You sound like me when I was young and "single" back in TX. I loved the boots and we went to the prison rodeo in Huntsville, TX and I loved it. Neither of my hubbies cared for the rodeo so never got to go again. Have fun, but don't make yourself worse. Happy late Canada Day. Do y'all celebrate it like we do for 4th of July?

Ruth - Aw I do hope things work out for Chasity. Sounds like me and my second hubby of 31 years. We met when I was 14 yrs old and dated off and own for years until I was about 18. I too was so immature and "stupid" and we went our separate ways. Nine years later and 2 marriages for him and 1 for me later, we got back together and married. It was the best thing I ever did next to present hubby. We had 31 wonderful years together. So my prayers and thoughts coming your way. Tell her it does work as my story is only "one" of "many" I've heard about. Oh and good idea on getting the WW dessert to take with you.

Marti - You'll get the hang of it. Just remember that with WW you can still have the foods you like, but count the points. Be sure to journal. I hate writing things down, but it is a key. I journal as I go, but I'm thinking I might need to do the way Jane does and plan ahead. I can plan ahead and still be flexible (I can make changes with same pt counts). I think you have to learn how to make it work for you. My sister goes to WW meetings and she got with her leader and tweaked her diet to make it work for her. If things don't change soon, I may have to join a local group and do the same thing. There is a cashier at one of my Wal-Marts that used to be a WW leader and she told me that if I'm not losing that I need a leader to help me find out why. I just hope I don't have to do that as it is expensive. Give yourself time to get it working for you.

Jane - Sorry to hear about your xmil. Congratulations! 3 for being OP for 3 days straight. [B]That's what we build on[/B]. Makes us feel good and helps to encourage us by reminding us that we can do it. We just have to take it "One day at a time".

Pat - Hope you are feeling better today... out of the ho hum mood we've been experiencing. We do have those days, but thank God they do pass.

Well, DH called and he had to wait longer at the dr's office so I had time to write a little longer. Now, I've got to go start our dinner so I can have almost ready when he walks in the door. Hope to eat and get kitchen clean before cable guy gets here.

Have a nice day!

Trish
Old 07-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #67  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I fell off the eating clean,,,ate a dozen crackers half of them with CC on it and jalopino jelly. drank most of my water...blah

I don't feel so bad today,,,still coughing hard but not bad. Work was insane,,,worked 14 hrs today,,,literally just got home....and going to bed.

bought some crazy brown suede boots with lots of blue on the top...bought a cowboy had with a flower on it...ha ha still have to be girly.
Tomorrow our Stampede starts,,,so will be wearing the boots for the next 10 days,,,hoping their comfortable.
anywho,,,gonna get to bed

Marti,,,sometimes all you need is to step bad and breath. Ask yourself what you want...what you need to get it...and taking steps to achieve...no running or jumping,,,steps. Don't be hard on yourself...

Our Canada is much like your 4th of July.

anyways,,,night all
Old 07-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Drats!! I just typed a novel worth of paper back, lost every word of it I will try again.

I am feeling better than I have in months. I started taking my arthritis medicine again, I should start seeing results soon. I have found an exercise routine that I can do, and I actually enjoy doing it. Another Chick shared her idea with me. It is phone book or tray stepping. It sounds like sissy stuff, but after an hour i have worked up a good sweat. stepping on the phone books or trays cushions the steps so my knees and hips don't hurt. So I have added movement to my daily activities. I have almost lost the 1.8 pounds I gained back. If I loose .9 I will weight 189 something!!!!!!!!

Angelia and Marti~ I can relate! I have problems getting in 3 meals a day. Breakfast and dinner are fine. I rarely eat lunch. It gets lost some where in the day. Last night I didn't eat dinner. I was really stressed over a problem. I got a cookie out of the bag. Then I stopped to think do I want to add guilt to the mix and feel even worse. I put the cookie back in the bag. I walked for 15 min. Wasn't hungry. aout 1:28am I ate a bowl of cereal and went to bed. Now I need to check on the dragons, ice a cake, shower and get ready for the family bbq.

Every one have a blessed, happy, safe 4th of July!! Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 07-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #69  
GmaTo8

Happy Independence Day

Ruthie - aw, tell Chasity Neal and I went together more than once, too. I first dated him when my heart kind of still belonged to someone else, then 4 years later, it all fell into place, and we'll have our 22nd anniversary soon. Chasity deserves someone that will be good to her and your DGS.

Marti - like the others said, don't be too hard on yourself. Count the good things you're doing for your body.

Trish - hope the test results will all be fine for Tony. I'm sure they will be. You're gonna love having two cables. We have two separate satellite connections, and I just love being able to watch what I want in the bedroom. That one also connects to the bathroom, and I've got a flat screen TV in there, lol. Comes in handy, haha.

Angie - if the CC you mentioned stands for cheddar cheese, that's not too bad! If it stands for Canadian Club, we gotta talk, haha. How'd the Stampede go today? Wow, the boots and hat sound so cool!

Pat - a big YAY to you for 2 things: 1st, for putting the cookie back, and secondly, for finding (and doing!) an exercise you really like. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Hello to anyone reading this.

I have a bronchial infection, I think, wheezing and coughing up a storm. I have to sleep with my head elevated, and take some heavy-duty cough syrup to get any rest at all. This, too, shall pass.

I was 100% OP yesterday, but not today. We ended up having a cookout on the spur of the moment, and I didn't do too badly, but went over some. The good news is, there was no dessert since it was impromptu, lol.

Have a good one, and I'll chat at ya later.

Last edited by Jane; 07-04-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #70  

Hi Ladies,

Thought I would check in real quick.

Pat - I know how you feel. I don't know what I do sometimes. I type out a long message and have never figured out what key I hit, but everything goes out into cyberspace. I did that yesterday I think it was and got digusted and didn't even bother with typing it all again. Congratulations Good for you for putting the cookie back and finding an exercise you can enjoy. Makes you feel good. I'm glad you are going to be able to get down to your 189 goal as well. I realized today that now that I am up to 10 minutes on my stationary bike that I can do the 20 min Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile (if my knees let me) and have a total of 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week. I always take one day off because I read years ago that the muscles need one day of rest. Forget why, but they said it was important. So I think that is what I am going to do.

Angelia - Your hat and boots sound cute and girly. Hope you have fun wearing them.

Jane - Sorry you have a bronchial infection. DD in TX has that a lot, but her's is because she smokes. I tell her all the time she needs to remember what her Daddy and his Mother went thru before they died and quit, but that is easier than said. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm sure Tony's tests will be all right. He ended up not having to see the doctor as they said he can call Monday and get the results. He is getting better. We went out to eat and to the store today and he was joking and kidding with me and reminded me of the way he was when we first married.

Marti and Ruth - Hope you are having a good day.

Catch y'all tomorrow. Good night.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 07-04-2008, 10:42 PM   #71  
GmaTo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
Hi Ladies,
he was joking and kidding with me and reminded me of the way he was when we first married.
Trish, that's just the way I felt with Neal in French Lick this week, and I loved it!
Old 07-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #72  

Hey girls, I hope everyone is having a great 4th of July. We ended up cooking and one of my daughters and her friend plus her 3 kids came over to eat. We then went and bought $70 worth of fireworks. The kids loved it, but truthfully, there wasn't much to some of the fireworks. In other words they were disappointing. But, as I said everyone had fun so that is what counts.

I'm tired and off to bed. I'll write more tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:58 PM   #73  
GmaTo8

Just a quick one to say hi. My congestion is worse, and I'm about to cough up a lung. Other than that, all is well.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #74  

Jane - Sounds like you need to get to the doctor. You may need an antibiotic to get over the infection. Prayers and coming your way.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 07-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #75  

Ladies,

Well, today was WI day for me and I'm still stuck at 175.5 lbs and I've been here too long. I've decided to cut my points back by 2 and I am going to up my exercise this week to 30 minutes 6 days. I will do my 10 minutes on the bike and 20 min 1 Mile WATP and see what happens.

We were able to start back to church this morning, because Tony felt good enough to go. It was really felt good to be there. I didn't realize how much I missed it. Not much going on the rest of the day.

Jane & Angie - I hope you two are feeling better.

Marti, Ruth, Pat - Hope all is well with y'all.

Catch y'all later.

Hugs,
Trish
Closed Thread