Old 04-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #16  

Princess- I definately want to try the pork chop and potato recipe. I love using the crockpot. It is much easier for me to make dinner with two small children hanging on me using the crockpot.

Judy- Looks like your busy. Hope things are going well.

Ladybug- WELCOME! I am 25 and only 5'4" but weigh 220. YIPES! I have a 3 yr. old girl and a 11 month old boy. I have been married over 4 yrs. I am doing the flex plan as of now and i take 1 step forward with 2 steps back. The turtles are a big support though.

Bandit- Your supper sounds yummy. Hope your dinner plans go well. We had it near freezing two nights in a row but it is supposed to be near 80 during the day the next two days.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #17  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Well where do I start...I'm Dori, 28 years old happily married for 4 1/2 years with two children. Samuel is 5 and Teresa is 2. I've battled with my weight ever since I can remember. I remember the first time I noticed the size of my jeans was in 9th grade and they were a size 8. I have to say that throughout high school I kept some control of my weight, however that changed when I went to college. Seems as though the pounds just came on from every directions.

I got pregnant with Samuel and gained up to 172. After I had him I managed to get down to 130 on my own. Still not where I wanted to be, but I liked what I saw. In 2004 I moved to AK and gained more weight. When I got pregnant with Teresa I weighed 155 and by the time I had her I was 189.

I've tried WW's numerous times, but never really followed it like I should. It seems as though I did good for a week and then fall off the wagon. It's frustrating to say the least. I'm ready for a change and know that I can't afford to put anymore weight on my 4'10" frame. I'm at 184 right now I believe. I plan on weighing in tomorrow morning.

Sorry for such a long post.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Ladybug: Not too long of a post at all! We love to have lots of posts and share info here, that is the only way to get and show support. Are you going to do the Flex or Core plans? And if you don't mind me asking, are you going to go to meetings or do the on-line program? I have been on WW before also, the difference this time around is that I made up my mind to do, no matter how long it takes, no matter what happens, NO MATTER WHAT! If I fall off the wagon I climb right back on. It really has to be a mind set, you have to make it an important part of every single day. Just my opinion but it seems to be working for me so far. That being said, I think that weight loss in general is a very personal thing and we all have to do what is best for us.

Very glad you joined us, I am sure that you will a wonderful success story!

I do the flex plan, I don't have enough control to do Core... My DH is also doing WW, he joined with me two years ago, lost a ton of weight, fell off the wagon and did not get back on until a couple of weeks ago. The plan works but you have to stick with it... just like anything I guess.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #19  

I did the points on the first recipe that I posted and it is 5 per serving also.

Glad that they looked good and may be helpful to everyone.

Have a great day!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #20  

Here is one that I just found... being from the east coast for most of my life I love Stromboli's! They call them Calzones out here but they are just not the same... Here is what I found... again, not pointed out, I will take care of that later on but what a fun thing to have on a weekend or when ever!

Stromboli

1 Pillsbury lowfat french bread dough
17 slices turkey pepperoni
4 oz lowfat ham slices (oscar meyer)
sliced onions and red peppers
1/2 cup rf mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Unroll bread dough on cookie sheet sprayed with Pam. Layer ham slices, pepperoni, onions and peppers, cheese, and seasoning. Roll-up into into a tube. Place seam-side down on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Serve with 1/4 cup pasta sauce. Very low in points and filling. Makes 4 servings/1 piece per serving.

Last edited by Princess1122; 04-30-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #21  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Princess, the chicken recipe is not Core because of the breadcrumbs. However, if I used ground up oatmeal--it would be Core. Also, I'd have to use ff parmesan cheese. The pork chop recipe is completely core and sounds delicious.

Ladybug--welcome. I'm in my mid-sixties, a married retired elementary teacher with three children--all married--and with three grandkids. I like to read and quilt and I'm making nice progress now that Princess has us in Boot Camp. I do well and then slide backward, beat myself up, and get back on track. I've been heavy for a long time and I've tried everything out there but surgery. Right now I'm leaving tomorrow to make a road trip from NY to NC to see my dsisters. There are four of us and we get along great and love each other. I don't have time to chat now. However, I lost 1.2 pounds this week--had hoped for better than that, but slowed up my exercise and my resolve the second half of the week. I am seriously thinking that I need to add another ww mtg. to my week to help keep on track when I start to slip.
I also think that although Core is good for my triglycerides, it was too much pressure this week and I'll go back to Flex for awhile. Getting weight off for real will also help with my triglycerides.

Okay--Bandit and Cherry and Chrily and Ladybug--take care, be well. My dh is here keeping the house company LOL and I'll be back in about a week. If we get too long, someone just go ahead and start a new thread.
Good luck to us all. Princess thanks a bundle for the recipes--they are all doable. Bandit, glad you're getting together with your friend and am so glad you'll be getting to meetings.
See you soon.
Judy
234.6/216/thinner into onederland
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:56 AM   #22  

Morning all and happy Thursday! It is going to be a pretty day here today, warm and sunny.... Yah! Went for a walk last night, about 2 miles but it is getting easier and faster the more I do it. I wish DH would start walking with me, maybe he will soon. I have yoga class tonight, that is a good work out and I look forward to it.

I pointed out the Stromboli recipe, it is 5 pts per serving as far as I can tell.

Judy: Have a great time with your sisters! We will hold down the fort here, don't worry about a thing and go have some fun! Safe travels to you!

Bandit: Any plans for the weekend? I will see if I can find some more recipes today... anything special that you like to use as the main ingredient? Such as chicken, beef, pork, etc?

Ladybug: I gained a ton of weight with both of my boys also... that was hard but getting it off is do-able... just take it day by day and keep at it...

Cherry: How are you doing? Anything new with you?

Chris: Hope all is well with you!

Princess
Old 05-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Sounds like everyone is doing great

Princess - your last recipe looks tasty as well. Thanks for the recipes.
Doesn't really matter what they are about - just like to keep trying new things.

Judy - hope you have a great trip.

It has been cold up here the last few days, actually had to scrap my car windows the last 2 days - that is not a good way to start the day this time of year. But suppose to warm up, but then rain all weekend.
Maybe I can get some cooking time in & make my meals for next week.

Have you guys tried Judy's Impossible Veggie Pie? If not, you should.
I really like it (for frozen veggies I used caul/broc/carrots with abit of corn & peas) & brought piece today with my lunch & a few people thought it was quiche & when I told them what is was they all wanted the recipe.

I had that last night with pork tenderloin pieces & was very good.
Of course, we had to drink a bottle of wine with it, but I was still within my points & counted & weighed everything.

So, Ladybug - how are you finding ww this time around?

Everyone - have another glass of water!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #24  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Friday to you all! Rainy here today and not supposed to get much better over the weekend. DH and I got our grass mowed last night and we were going to get the garden turned but ran out of time and energy. Scale is finally starting to move down a bit from having that TOM but it is still not lower than it was last week... oh well, not much we can do about that.

Bandit: I like to try new recipes also! I don't always have time during the week but I try and do something new on the weekend. I did some chicken in the oven last night with some jarred salsa over the top and then served in on brown rice with a vegetable on the side, it was pretty good. I really like spicy foods but DH does not so I have to walk a fine line when it comes to seasoning.

All: have a great on plan day and don't forget to drink your water and take a walk if you can!

Princess
Old 05-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - cold & rainy up here but at least its Friday!

Went to my ww meeting this a.m. & was down 4.2# for my 1st week back, so was very happy with that. Even had my wine!

Princess - nice you are dropping, keep up the good work

Judy - hope you are staying OP while you are away

Cherry & Ladybug - how has your week been?

Everybody have a great weekend.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #26  

Bandit: HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you, great job!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #27  

Happy Monday everyone! It is going to be a beautiful day here today... W/I was not so great on Saturday but with TOM it never is... my gain always hits me at the end of the period for some reason, seems strange as I think most ladies have a gain in the beginning... Hmmmm.

I was up 2 lbs but I am working like crazy to get it off. Busy weekend and Monday has come way too soon.

This is DS last week at college, he comes home next weekend for the summer, it will be nice to have him home.

Bandit: Congrats again! You are doing really great!

Princess
Old 05-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #28  

Bandit- Wow that is a great loss! Keep up the good work.

Princess - TOM is a mean thing. I am in the same boat as you are. Wanted to say thanks for the new recipes to try. They look tasty.

Judy - I hope that your week away goes well. You will be missed.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:15 AM   #29  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

End of last week wasn't that good, but weekend was better. This morning I didn't do too well either. However, the rest of the day is going to be good. Just because my morning wasn't good doesn't mean the rest of the day has to be bad as far as food choices go.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:14 AM   #30  

Morning all and a very happy Tuesday to you! Had to go and vote this morning so I am in the office early today... All eyes are on Indiana and North Carolina today, eager to see what happens! Went to my Zumba class last night and also got a short walk in, the scale is not moving at all right now so I am going to have a few super low point days and drink lots of water and get in lots of exercise to see if I can get it going again.

Bandit: How are you doing?

Cherry: You are very welcome for the recipes, I will post more when I can.

Ladybug: Just keep at it... no matter what, don't let a bad moment turn into an entire bad day or week. You will do this! I have faith!

I have to run!

Princess