Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 07:42 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Everybody shout hooray back to me. I had started a few minutes of uncontrolled eating (lots to worry about again, unfortunately)
and I said, "Whoa!" I stopped and came online. I am putting into practice the idea of going around an obstacle. I am full. I am on an emotional overeating thingie right now and I am stopping it.
So there! I have had all the points I want to eat today and it's not quite 7:30PM, but I can and will do this.
My daughter has a nasty diagnosis and will need surgery. I'm not asking for too many details because she has herself convinced that it's not as bad as she originally thought and that's comforting to her. I've done a bit of reading and think it's a little worse than she does, but I'm keeping it to myself and eating over it. Correction--I'm keeping it to myself and acting like an adult by sharing my worries with you all and not eating over this.
I had a good day at work. I desperately needed and wanted chocolate. For sale in the main office are chocolate bars and I had a dollar bill in my hand to go get one when I remembered that all I needed was chocolate and I had some hot cocoa pkgs. in my desk drawer. I made up a cup and although i would have loved the candy bar, I would not have loved what it would have done guilt-wise and to my resolve to make progress in WW.
So, I was proud of myself.
Now I am going to follow Lin's suggestion and make a card for the idea that it's getting old to keep on forgetting to stay OP.

Mousie,
Oh gosh--I understand your dilemma so well. I got to the point where I wouldn't want to see people because I had gained so much weight. When I realized that most people were used to me looking that way, I eased up==but many times before a party or wedding, etc. I really didn't want to go.
I hope this gentleman visitor will be kind and simply tell MIL that you and dh look terrific and let it go at that. You and dh have had a tough year. It's not uncommon to gain weight the first year you're married. I think taking the nice approach with dv
(dear visitor) may just pay off. In any case, this is your life. MILs tend to think whatever they want to think anyway. Work on what you think is important and keep on being successful in your own way. This weight gain is a temporary glitch. You are working and exercising very hard to knock off some weight and you are successful. Unfortunately dv is coming to visit just a little too soon to suit you, but you'll get through this just fine.
Lauren,
Glad you've got a job going into June anyway. It sounds like one that you can deal with. I know what you mean about lower points. When I was 206, I dropped down to the next lower range. Somewhere along the way I gained weight and have gone back to my original WW range. Having the extra points helps me right now. I give you so much credit for establishing goals and obtaining them. This isn't easy, but we're doing it.
Lin,
Isn't it interesting how we prioritize different things at different times. Not that long ago you were struggling with your writing, but your food and exercise were good. Now your writing is great and the food is a struggle. I think it's a great idea to make believe you're heading out the door. Pack up breakfast, snacks, lunch, and more snacks. Then exercise just as you would before you start your workday. I'm just repeating what you said, but it's good advice. I know this is important to you and you'll figure out a way to do both diet changes and writing.

Everybody==do well and stay healthy and happy. Send me any extra good luck vibes that you've got lying around.
Love,
Judy
234/?/ 199 in this lifetime

My scale says hello and help me from the deep recesses of my closet. I have no idea what I weigh this week. the way things are going, maybe that's for the best.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:48 PM   #17  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Great posts! But this is getting long, so I'm starting a new thread.

See you all there!!

Lin
Closed Thread