Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 09:05 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Talking Thursday! ONE MORE DAY!

BB to post!
Old 07-24-2003, 09:17 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning, Becky! Morning, everyone else! Drew is back from his business trip and wouldn't you know it...Aaron slept the whole night through (finally!!!). So either he gets anxious when his dad isn't there, or he's just completely figured out that I'm an easy mark.

We booked Aaron's birthday party yesterday. We're going to have it at our club's pool. We'll have in on a Saturday morning and bring in brats, hot dogs, a salad or two, some fruit, chips, and of course, an Elmo cake (chosen by Aaron himself...it's perfect because it's Elmo doing the backstroke in a pool!). Here's the dilemma...do we serve beer with lunch? We'd like tobe good hosts (and let's face it...Drew and I think we might really need beer that day), but are people going to think that we're complete alcoholics? I mean, this is Minnesota, which has the most self-help and 12 step groups in the nation. Tell me what you think, please.

Topic of the day:
You can only choose 5 foods and 3 beverages (besides water) to eat for the rest of your life. What do you choose?

I would choose tacos, chicken caesar salad, steak, watermelon, and chocolate. To drink, I would choose chadonnay, Miller Lite, and Diet Rite. Ok, your turn.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:21 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning! I am so happy that the week is almost over. Tomorrow I am leaving a couple of hours early and joining my sister at the pool. We are then shopping for baby shower gifts. We both love doing this and picking out our future baby furniture b/c we are both waiting a couple more years. We kind of live through the woman we are buying for Should I be admitting this? We are then preceeding to rent a chick flick. I am so excited b/c we are both busy and we don't get to do this often. Our DH's are going to play X Box all night probably Fine by us though it will give us more girl time. Last night had church and other than that not a whole lot exciting. I ran into the lady that inspired me to get back on WWer's because of her loss and she asked how I was doing. She has lost 26lbs. and I haven't REALLY even given it my best effort. I am just not doing the program. I have to get back to it. I am dong this stupid thing where you convince yourself that you are eating better but I know that I am not. Uhhh send me your motivation ladies! Ok so that is my confession.

Laura~ Did you get your much anticipated rain??? Don't you love the change jar. DH and I vacationed last summer on ours. It felt like a free vacation.

Amber~ Did you get your WATP in last night? We are pulling for you!

Rina~ Yes I love allrecipes. I got a turkey burger one yesterday but I haven't tried it yet. It sounds yummy. Glad your visit with MIL is going wonderfully.

KT~ Ricky Martin! I am so with you. I always thought he had a feminine quality.

Lynnie~ Welcome to the forum!

Dabrat~ Dh was annoyed when Ruben won too. He loves CLays voice and while it is somewhat superior to Rubens I thought Ruben was bit more AI material. Clay was a bit cheezy, but I love his new song.

Jayne~ "Skeleton who swallowed a light bulb"

Lexxy~ I would be annoyed. Confront her on it! I get so annoyed with competitive people. I have told you about the girl I work with who finds it her pass time to find things wrong with me. She is always competing for attention. It is so silly.

Cuba~ Sorry about the breakdown but I am glad DH was there to get you through it. If you are following the plan. You are just plain doing something GOOD for yourself and if the scale doesn't show it right away it will! Listen to me, I just admitted that I haven't been POP forever and I am trying to inspire But seriously the program works.

Well I hope that I didn't miss anyone. I will bbl.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Jayne~ We were posting at the same time. Umm Can I choose chocolate 5x's Seriously thought I love it!

I guess I would choose:

Chicken Salad from Outback(I can't think of the name right now)
Grands Dinner Rolls
Spaghetti
Grapes(I guess I should choose something healthy)
Chocolate of course!

Drinks : This is boring for me b/c I don't drink alchohol and I mainly stick to water BUT I would choose:
Water
Slurpees (coke/cherry)
Cafe Mocha's from Tim Horton's
Old 07-24-2003, 09:33 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Oh Jayne, The beer thing. I think that it is perfectly acceptable to serve beer with a picnic type lunch. However, if you have a lot of people coming that are struggling with alchohol abuse I guess it wouldn't be but it doesn't sound like that is the case. Just my 2 cents.

BTW sorry about my million post this morning
Old 07-24-2003, 10:12 AM   #6  

Morning girls,

I am so glad it's Thursday too! Even though I had yesterday off....

I agree with Becky on the beer thing - I mean most likely the people attending the party know you anyway, and know that you are not drinking beer every morning. (hopefully )

Becky, your afternoon with the sis sounds like fun! I am going to Pittsburgh on Saturday to the Rolling Rock town fair. My friend got free tickets, and we're going to stay at another friend's place, so hopefully it won't be too much $$ for the concert - I am totally broke. I have been COMPLETELY off plan the last 2 days and being away on a concert/road trip this weekend isn't looking to good for getting back on track. I'll just have tot ry to not go overboard.

Jayne, I'm going to have to thing about the food thing. I know for drinks it's miller lite, vodka and diet coke!
Old 07-24-2003, 10:15 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jayne - as long as you don't serve beer to the children I don't think you should worry about it! I'm so glad that Drew is home. I've been thinking about you and Aaron and his sleepless nights.

Becky - I love hearing stories about you and your sister. Mine lives several hundered miles from me and I miss her!!! Have fun tonight.

It rained yesterday! Granted only for about 15 minutes at 5PM but it was enough that I felt free to use it as an excuse to not mow the lawn. CB brought home How to lose a guy in 10 days for us to watch - I thought it was sweet that he got a chick flick for me.

I tried Kim's Tequila Lime Chicken Recipe last night. It was excellent! We both liked it.

Food choices: Bagels w/crm cheese, pizza, Nectarines, Strawberries and Vanilla Ice Cream.

Drink choices: Diet Coke and Water. I don't really need a 3rd beverage - can I trade it in for a food?

BBL.

Laura
Old 07-24-2003, 12:02 PM   #8  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Oh, Laura, how could i have forgotten about pizza??? Dang, I'm going to miss that... I'm glad Drew is home, too. I think we all sleep better. I think you can trade in your beverage for food if you want...what will it be?

Lex, your weekend sounds like fun. I miss doing that kind of thing, I used to do it lots before kiddos. You'll do well on keeping it real foodwise, I know you will!

And Becky, you reminded me of the ultra-important spaghetti. Sending some motivation your way
~diet coke~ ~positive thinking~ ~fruits and veggies~ ~a bikini-ready body~
hope that helped!

Ok, everyone else needs to come out and play -- where are you all?
Old 07-24-2003, 12:45 PM   #9  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all

Had off yesterday so it was a great day! And even though I have no money I went shopping (don't even ask how I justify that to myself...). Found a pair of SIZE 12 khakis from Old Navy that fit me! So I had to buy them - seriously, cannot ever remember fitting into a size 12. I had been having a serious chocolate craving but shopping and fitting into these (okay, almost fitting, but enough to buy & wear!) and other things made my day - I didn't need the chocolate and found new motivation for the gym that night!

Jayne - go for the beer. If it's anything like my family's parties, beer is expected

Becky - ~~~motivation vibes~~~~ hope that helps!

Lexxy - hope you had an excellent day off and birthday

Hi Laura and everyone else posting while I am.... Always takes me forever in between work...

5 Foods: Pizza, sandwiches, Chicken & Rice stir-fry (I eat this about every day), Chocolate, ??

3 Beverages: bud lite, diet coke - i only need 2! maybe milk to go with the chocolate....
Old 07-24-2003, 01:21 PM   #10  
Never Quit!

Angry Hola!

Well, just one more day to go. I in the office today and was prepping for a team meeting that I have to present to. Ugh I hate my J-O-B!

Let's see...I was on program yesterday, so am on my way to recovery from dinner at my In Laws. Today I am doing well too. Yesterday we tried to go walking and only got 10 min in because it started to rain. My Hubby promises me 20 min today after dinner, so I am hoping that will help with Saturday weigh in. So far, I have been off on Sat, Sun & Tues. I have been on points Mon, Wed and Today (hopefully tomorrow too)!!!

As for today topic...I simply can not bring myself to pick any foods or drinks. I love to eat and hope to open my own place in the future. To much of my happiness revolves around trying new things from all cultures. So, I am quietly bowing out of that one.

Star - Great job on the size 12s. That is how I measure my milestones. I was a 14 and then they got loose and now the 12s fit (some snug and some great). It is such motivation.

Jayne - I would do the beer too. Corona Lights are only 2pt per bottle. Splash of lime and you will do great.

Sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone. I have to get back to work. And you all just reminded me to write down my goals that I set for Labor Day and from the "One Year From Now" topic. That will help me stick with it.

~Cuba.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:17 PM   #11  

I haven't been able to get on the site since morning! Just a quick hello, since I have lots of work to do....

My 5 foods, pizza, chipotles burritos, fajitas, chocolate and ice cream cake!!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:23 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Topic of the day:
You can only choose 5 foods and 3 beverages (besides water) to eat for the rest of your life. What do you choose?

Spaghetti, hotdogs, tuna, bologna, and cheese...all my favorites

Pepsi, orange juice, grape koolaide...this is only because u said besides water..

Hey gang...Hope everyone is having a better day then I am.One thing on top of another keeps piling up.Plus I don't feel so well.But I am still maintaining inside point range YAY!!!

Grace thanks for the welcome...

Have a great day all.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:23 PM   #13  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lexxy - out of work one day and pay for it the next playing catch-up eh?

Cuba - good job getting back on track so quickly!

Angie - congrats on the 12s. The pants o meter is a wonderful thing.

Jayne - McDonalds. McDonalds is a food right? Or at least a food group .... not a location....lol....probably french fries.

I'm having a hard time working today. Not because work is so terrible but because it is a lovely day outside and I'm reading the most delicious book and it's killing me to work instead of being curled up outside with the book. It's called "How Does She Do It" and is written by Allison Pearson. It's about a working, married, mother of 2 and is hysterically funny. Easily the best read of the summer. High praise coming from someone who will turn down books solely because they contain no serial killers as characters.

Laura
Old 07-24-2003, 03:25 PM   #14  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Lynnie!

Wait? Water is a freebie? I can choose something else as a beverage?

Strawberry Daquaries.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:25 PM   #15  

From a fellow Wisconsin girl....It is your "DUTY" to serve beer....I would be *offended* if you didn't!

Glad to see you are all well!

I am down 1.5 pounds from my pre-preg weight. Now, why can't I have morning sickness when I am not pregnant? I would be 30 pounds lighter by now!!

Not much new with me. Have to take a test in 45 min. I also have a ton of homework due by Sunday.

My birthday was Monday (the big 32), and DH is taking my shopping for a dress for his brother's wedding tonight and out for dinner. Now, if I can find a dress. I am 15 weeks pregnant, and the full maternity clothes are too big, but can't fit into regular dresses. ARRGGHH!! I am hoping JC Penney or Younkers (aka Marshall Fields) will have something.

I am so excited to be heading out to NC in two weeks! It has been 2 years since we have gone on a family vacation! I am ready!!!

Not that I can try this for a while, but I have been reading lots about the Atkins diet. I think once my pregnancy is through, I am going to start a modified Atkins plan. I work with a few people that have followed versions of it and have lost lots of weight, and I do know that I need to curb carbs and refined sugars.....

How is it working out for you Jayne?? My difficult part is I want someone to give me a list of everything I can eat. It would make it much simpler.

Anyway, not much else new.

Check back later!
Closed Thread