Old 01-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #46  

Nikki, yes, we do like to chat!!!! Welcome!!! You never know when we will be reading posts. I'm often up in the middle of the night to let the dog out, well, it seems like the middle of the night. I often check for messages then. I always get confused on the celcius and Fahrenheit stuff. It has been snowing here today, nothing terrible though. It's about 26 degrees Fahrenheit, and that's pretty cold especially with the wind blowing.

Tina, that is wonderful about what the doctor said about Larry!!! Bob is the impatient one in this house.

I went to the Y about 7:15 this morning, and I left there at 8:30. Tonight I went to the water aerobics class, and we had a blast!! I need to go to the Y earlier, because it got really busy about 7:30.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #47  
Susan

Howdy,

Hi Nikki, Welcome to the group!!! Yes, we LOVE TO CHAT You never know what we will be talking about. We've been chatting for a while!!!!! and there is always something to say! So we are glad that you joined us!!!

I live just north of Dallas, Texas. I teach hearing impaired mentally challenged students. I love what I do. However, you will find out that some days are more stressful than others.

I have one child. He would be 3 1/2 years old. He passed away when he was 2 months and 24 days old. He was born 11 weeks premature. But what a blessing he was!!!!

Tina, YEA!!!! for Larry!!!!! I'm glad that he is doing well. Recovery is never fast enough.

Tammy, good job going to the Y. I love water aerobics.

I went to work out tonight. I really like my new trainer! I think she is going to really help me.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 305/see tickers/175

Hey all -- thanks for the warm welcome!

I have a week off before I start a new job venture - whoo! So you'd think I'd be exercising my rear off...but without the daily structure a job provides, I keep saying, "I'll work out later" Oy...maybe the dancing carrot will motivate me. lol

I have a 6 yo DS and a 4yo DD - and they are a bunch of goofs. Right now they are watching the oven because I made a batch of that Apple/Oatmeal pudding - they LOVE it.
cdonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #49  

Susan, I just can't imagine a school teacher's life being stressful at all! I mean you only work a few hours a day, you get summers and holidays off, what's the deal??????????????? HA! If people only knew!!

cdonley, I think I'm hungry for that pudding!!

I went to the Y again this morning. Need to get into the habit of getting up and moving instead of getting up and being a slug.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #50  

Height: 1.73

Wink

Morning ladies, Tammy it would be hard to get motivated with that snow, where is OH, US - Ohio?? I sit here with a map of the US and a calculator for the lb's conversions otherwise it gets me a bit confused

Susan you are obviously one of those people I admire and that we couldn't do without in the world, what a good job you do I do IT project management so although it can be stressful sometimes it is rather cruisy, hence my being on here during work!!

Wednesdays here are bikkie Wed, and the office next to mine is the "lunchroom" so it does take a lot of willpower not to pop next door - bikkies are a huge weakness of mine, I love all of them - only ones I don't eat are the belgium ones which are cinnamon softer bikkies stuck together with raspberry creamy icing.. what the ???????? and at this stage I can't stop at one or two, has to be all or nothing so I am trying the nothing approach for now. I will have to check the roster for when it is my turn and provide carrot sticks that would upset the fellow workers !!!

I am trying to the www.c25k.com which is couch to 5km's (not sure what that is in miles) in 9 weeks, so I am on the second week and seems to be going OK, Monday gave me a sore back but that seems to have gone away for now, we also do workplace stretches each day so think that helps!!!!

Anyway enough from me, hello to cdonley a newbie like me, that pudding sounds lovely, my kids are 10 and 11 so they are more the sit on the couch hurry and bring it to us mum types..

Nikki
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #51  

Nikki, yes I am in Ohio. I am very close to the Indiana border, about 15 miles from me. I get confused with all of the measurements also. I believe that those bikkies would do me in! It would be hard not to join in on the eating.

The reason that I picked on Susan about her job is because I just retired from 30 years of teaching. I ran into a couple of parents of some of my former students this afternoon at Wal Mart. They both told me how their boys still talk about how much fun they had in my class way back in 2nd grade. The boys are now in college!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #52  
Susan

Hi,

Nikki, those bikki sound wonderful!!!! I can smell them now!!! Thanks for all the kind words. I do love my job! Now there are those days that I think I'm just crazy but my kids have really helped me heal.

Tammy, I know teachers have it SO easy!!! In at 8 and out at 3, all that free time! HA!!!!! I love it!!!! I still think my husband thinks that at times. I would love for him to come do my job one hour!!!

Do ya'll watch The Biggest Loser? It is amazing!!!!! I want then to come train me!!!

Cdonley, did you save us any pudding????

Last edited by auntie; 01-15-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 PM   #53  

Height: 1.73

Hey Tammy that is nice having them come up to you, I sometimes see a few teachers I used to have at school, but not sure I would want to say hello, they probably just think oh right you are the one that talked to muck

We get the Ozzie and the US Biggest Loser, we don't have on in NZ, to small I guess. I love watching it so I guess if it has stated there it will be on in 6mths I guess.. is Bob still training - I loved him !!!
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #54  
Susan

Nikki,
What time is it there? It is 8:36 pm here in Texas.

Yes Bob is still on. I love him.

Susan

Last edited by auntie; 01-15-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #55  
Thursday Lady

Alright , already---I'm not getting notices that y'all are posting.
It's hard right now for me to have time to get online. I cook and clean and help Larry with showering and take him to therapy and go outside walking with him. I' so happy he's better. I'm trying to pace myself so I don't get down.

Nikki, I also live in Texas. I'm in Houston.
I must ask---what are bikkis?

Cdonley, that pudding does sound good!!!
Susan, how is Pat feeling? Has he decided to go see a doctor?
Dori, what's going on with you???
Tammy, bravo for going to the Y and water aerobics. It sounds like you're getting in shape for your trip. How many days is it until you leave?
Maureen, are you still lurking around?
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #56  

Susan, it's funny because when we first were dating, Bob just didn't see what the big thing was with teaching. After we got married, he saw all of the work that I brought home and how much time I put in at school, nad he changed his opinion. He came to bat for teachers when others would make comments about us. His brothers used to be royal pains in the patootie about teachers, but even they are more mellow now.

Nikki, when I met with my friend today for our Bible study, I looked up and there was a boy (man?) walking across the restaurant to a table near ours. He was with a man that I'm pretty sure is a probation officer. I looked at the younger one, and I realized he was one of my former students. He looked at me and called me by name, and he told his po who I was. I called him by name, and he was really surprised that I remembered him. He was a really good kid for me, but I know that he got into some trouble during his high school years.

When you see one of your former teachers, say something to them!! I know how good it makes me feel when my kids do that to me.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #57  

Ummmm, this is the Chatters Thread. Where is everyone????????????

I got up this morning and headed to the Y. It was snowing and blowing, but I knew that I needed to do it. Felt good once I got there.

Hope you are all doing well!!

Post People!! Please??
Old 01-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 305/see tickers/175

I went out and did day 1 of week 2 in the Couch 2 5k (again)

I started the program last Spring and I never made it past week 4 in the training. However, I did do a 12K (about 7 miles I think) and ran about 4 miles of it - not continuously. Anyway though, I'd like to complete the program this time and be able to run a 5k without stopping - whoo.

It was so cold though that my toes were numb for the first part - brrrr

Quote:
I got up this morning and headed to the Y.
Good job Tammy!
cdonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #59  
Thursday Lady

Hi---
I'm really still here. Taking care of Larry and everything else is about all I can handle now.
I need that spa trip right now!

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #60  

cdonley, good for you for getting out and moving!! It is hard to do sometimes, isn't it? I am usually a very warm blooded person, but I just can't get warm today. That happened a couple weeks ago too. My hands are so cold, I am seriously considering putting on a pair of gloves.

Tina, I know you are busy. Believe me, I can relate!!! As time goes on, it will get easier on you, but don't let yourself get too tired. I can relate to that too!!

I need to get out a suitcase and start throwing things in it that we'll need for the warmer (hopefully) weather down south. We're going to pack a smaller suitcase just for the nights we stay over on the way to Georgia. I can't believe that the time is almost here!! We leave the 29th. Our first day is really going to be a killer. NOT! We are going to the gambling boat that we like in southern Indiana for the night. Free room, free meal, lots of people watching. We decided to do that and then really head out the next morning early. We'll stay in northern GA on the 30th. We arrive at Jekyll Island on the 31st. We're staying at a Days Inn ($50 for the night) at a hotel right on the ocean. We move into the condo on Feb. 1.

My food journaling has been great this week. I am also journaling my workouts, which has been interesting to see. I hope that I am into the habit of doing something most days of the week that when we get to GA, I keep it up. I know that there will be plenty of walking!! I'm planning to take the pedometer for those walks.