Old 02-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #76  
burned out bus driver

Where is everyone?????????? Hope all my friends here are ok!

I got to a WW meeting today!!! First since mid November, I think. I am throwing out all my old cards (WI cards that is) as I am up a few #'s and looking at the past is not good. I could kick myself in the can for letting it get this bad- but I am not back to my highest weight and will get this blubber off. It just seems so sad that I was so close, and allowed this to happen.

SO on a brighter note, I have been nicely OP all day and got a 2 mile walk in.
This weight will come off.

Hi to Mermaid, Kerry, Summerrrr, Penelope and Wannabe. Check in and say hello when you can!
Ginger

Last edited by ECmom; 02-05-2008 at 08:24 PM.
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #77  
KAR

Hi All,
Well Ginger I gained 1/2 pound this week when I went to my meeting. I think it might be muscle gain, since I am working out again. I have noticed that my legs, waistline and arms are firming up. So I am going to continue to do what I have been doing and see if it helps.
Sorry to hear that you are up some. But at least you got to a meeting and stayed op today. Plus you got a 2 mile walk in. You are off to a great start. We can do this together. I pledged tonight to lose 10 pounds by April 8th for a contest we are doing at TOPS. You had to pledge to lose weight, keep a journal of your food and excerise for the ten weeks and contact TOPS members. So I am hoping that I can start losing weight soon.
Hi to Mermaid, Penelope, Summer and Wannabethin. Hope you are all having a great week.
Well I am off of here to finish watching the Biggest Loser. I will chat with you all later.
Have a great evening!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #78  
burned out bus driver

Hi Kerry!
Sorry to hear about your tiny gain- but it sure sounds like muscle or water to me! You sound so focused, it's gonna come off! I like your 10# challenge, with tons of accountability to help keep you on track. We are gonna do this together, my sister in sweat. Did you get a workout in? (just finished my kick box DVD).

Not much else is new- got a little bit of a cold/stomach bug, but nothing that prevents me from functioning. Just hope I can keep my focus with WW.
So far, today has been pretty good.

Guess I'd better get ready to face the afternoon. See ya!
Ginger
Old 02-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #79  
KAR

Hi Ginger,
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hope you start to feel better soon. Hope your little angels are good for you on the bus. I am sure that you can stay focused on WW. Remember that we are in this together.
I figured out what my weight gain was from. I started my TOM last night right before bed. So that isn't too bad. I am journaling all that I eat and keeping track of my calories. So I hope that helps me. I did get my Walk Away the Waistline dvd done today. It was a 3 mile walk. I got a good sweaty workout in this morning. Have to go meet my dh after work tonight at the H&R Block office to get our taxes done. Sounds like an exciting date huh?
Well have to go and get my kids back on to work.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 02-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #80  
burned out bus driver

Ah, soft music, dim lights, sweet flowers, precious time alone with your husband.......OVER TAXES at H&R BLock! Gee, just does not get any more romantic than that Kerry! Hope it goes well and you get a nice refund.
Glad you figured out the gain was TOM (mine is due in a day or so too, so I am sure it is responsible for a # or two). And next time, try to find a more romantic date with your Dh. hehehehehe

I am feeling worse.......some I know have been completely blown away with this cold. Can't be the flu, I got a shot in October. So, I will drink lots of tea and hope it goes away........soon.
Off to finish making dinner
G
Old 02-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #81  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hello ladies!
So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Gin! Hope your tea fights it off for you! So proud of you for getting in your dvd despite not feeling well! Regarding the SuperBowl, we LOVED the way it ended! We are (even in these darkest of times!) Dolphin fans....SO we would have cheered for WHOEVER was playing the Pats! Keep the Dolphin record alive and intact! Kerry, I'm with Gin about your date tonight! Bleech! But hey, hopefully it will end with a nice fat return at the end of the night! So how is that Bender ball going for you?! Glad to hear that the gain was a cycle thing although, muscle is heavier than fat so you are right about gaining on the scale with all the hard work you are doing!

I've updated my ticker thingy to show this week's loss of 2 pounds! I've been walking at school with some of my friends; however, I MUST make room in my living room to do some of my WATP dvds / tapes! I feel I need more exercise than what I'm getting at school! Time and space are certainly limited around here! I'm motivated by the loss! I've done fairly well for nearly a month now (will have to check on the dates!) but I have so so SOOOOOOOOO much to do before I'm in maintain mode! I hear you Gin about being disappointed that you let it creep back up on you! I am in the same boat...although not back at my highest weight ...SO, I guess that is a good thing! I'm with you guys for this journey!

Keep up the great work! Feel better, Gin! Kerry, fight that TOM monster! Keep moving those fannies of yours! THINK before you put anything into your mouth!

(((Hugs)))
meeeee

Last edited by HatterasMermaid; 02-06-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: can't spell! jdf;lsaj
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #82  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Ms Mermaid, great to hear from you! Awesome results with your 2# loss! Are you doing WW online/ at meetings or just on program with some friends? No matter what, it works.....and I am thrilled for your results.
I hear ya with needing a workout, I plan on ordering a new DVD to shake up my existance a bit and perhaps shake some weight off. Congrats too on being OP for almost a month- 6 weeks makes new behaviors into habits, so you are almost there!!! We can do this.

Did a 2 mile walk this am- but I am feeling a bit drained. Woke up feeling miserable but am not too bad right now. Dh is gone on an overnight business trip, so at least I can avoid the big cooking ordeal- Ds and Dd will just have to deal with leftovers tonite.

Guess I'd better get my achy self back to something productive.
See ya!
Ginger
Old 02-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Talking

Hi, ladies. I'm sorry that I've been MIA for so long!

I'm doing good...today is day #2 binge free for me again. I'm really looking forward to the weekend! I'm finally catching up on my class work

I hope everyone has a great Thursday. I've missed you ladies!

P.S. What do you all think of starting a new thread? Maybe Coconut Telegraph #2?
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #84  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
TGIF! It sure has been a long week for me! How bout anybody else? I am going shopping tomorrow with my sister and mil for a new outfit for my nephew's wedding next weekend. So I am looking forward to that.
My eating has been good concerning that the TOM monster has appeared. Plus I have been getting in my workouts. But today I skipped it this morning, so I could sleep in an extra hour. But I will make up for it tomorrow morning.
I am hoping that the scale is my friend on Tuesday night.
Mermaid that is great news about your 2 pound loss! Sounds like you have been working hard for the last month. I bet it helps that you are walking with your friends at school too. I know that mile walk in the afternoon with the afterschool kids helps me alot on Mondays-Thursdays. Hope you have a great weekend!
Ginger I am hoping that you are feeling better today. So any big plans for the weekend? What kind of new dvd do you think you might get to shake up your workouts? I got a 3 mile Walk Away Your Waistline dvd a few weeks ago. It is a very brisk walk with Lesile and gang. Do you already have that one?
Penelope glad that you made it through day 2 of no binge eating. Hope you can go for day 3. Just check in with us periodically to let us know how things are going with you. Hope you get some time off this weekend to relax. Sounds like you are very busy with school and working two jobs.
Well we had a scary thing happen an hour from our school yesterday. A husband came in to his wife's fifth grade classroom and shot her in front of her students. She is stable at this time and he shot himself at home later that afternoon. So please keep the teacher and her family in your prayers. That is just so sad!
Well I better go and get my kids back in line. They are counting pennies for our penny drive for cancer patitents.
Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 02-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #85  
burned out bus driver

Consider it done, Penelope...........Coconut Telegraph #2 coming up! See ya there!