Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 04:33 PM   #1  

Talking Fabulous 40's #115

Hi Everybody

Please read Jen's & Dianne's post on page two of #114.

I went to my meeting this morning & lost 1.6. Friday mornings are so pleasant. It's a small group. My leader, who hasn't seen me in a while was soooooo happy to see me. I felt good being there. I really couldn't stand going to the Saturday meeting with the stand up comedian. Geeezzzzzz!!! On top of trying to be funny she has this high pitch voice No way Jose, could I walk out motivated.

Dianne, what's funny about this new pain in the butt manager is that she's had a second chance in life. She almost died a couple of yrs. ago. She had a blood disease. Had kidney failure & got a new one. She was awful before but then I didn't have to deal with her cause she wasn't in management. I figured since she survived she would come back a nicer person BUT FORGET IT! SHE'S WORSE THAN BEFORE!!!!! I told one of the attorney's that I'm going to pray for her & she asked me why very sarcastically, and I said cause she needs to change her heart & only God could do that. Anyway, I don't want to think about work.

Soooooooo, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Why is it when people hear it's going to snow they panic & run to the supermarket like they're going to run out of food. Pathmark was packed this morning. I had to laugh. I'm happy for the kids. They haven't had any at all this year & I'm off so I really don't care. I bought everything I need for my 0 pt. soup. Tomorrow will be the perfect day.

I'll be back later.

Hugs,
Es

179/174/150(my goal)

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 01-18-2002 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2002, 05:43 PM   #2  

Hi gals

I went to the WW meeting this morning. Everyone is rejoining now as there is a special. The room was so packed that it was standing room only. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had lost 1.4 pounds. It looks like persistance pays off. I really haven't been able to be perfectly OP lately, but I am feeling inspired to work harder at it this week.

I actually had a kind of rough day today. I went to see my mom
at the nursing facility that she was moved to. On the way there my car started to vibrate. My brother came over and tried to figure out what the trouble was. We decided it was not safe to drive it home on the highway. I called AAA and was towed all the way back to my mechanic near home. 50 miles!! I apparently have a bad axle and engine mount.

I am dwelling on the $736 it will need to fix it, and eating pickles!
I guess you can call me a WW inspired sourpuss.

Congratulations to all of us for our efforts.

Hugs to everyone, Dianne, Es, Myra,Janie, Jen, Ruth, Terri, Viola, Zoe, hope I didn't miss anyone have a good weekend, Sandy
Old 01-18-2002, 05:59 PM   #3  

YAY ES and Sandy !!!!!!!!
Wonderful losses. We are just a big bunch of losers here.
So sorry about your car Sandy. I hate those unexpected bills.

Viola,
My range is 18-23. My body just adjusted to it. Yours will too. The not enough points at the end of the day is precisely why I do the points starting with dinner. This doesn't give me the permission to pig out at night but it gives me a little more than before. Good luck. I like the 6/6/6. I never eat more than 3 for breakfast and the lunch is usually around 4-5. So that gives me 10-15 for snacks and dinner.

I love the starting with dinner thing. It is so much easier for me.
If I find the info. I'll send to your e-mail Es and Dianne.

Good luck everybody!!!!
TTYL,
Terri

Last edited by points; 01-18-2002 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-18-2002, 06:13 PM   #4  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Are you all getting e-mail notification of posts? I usually do, but haven't for the past several days. That is one reason I've been posting less.
Old 01-18-2002, 06:36 PM   #5  

HI folks,
Just wanted to stop in quickly so you know I didn't die at PT this morning. He has me doing stretches to try to regain my full range of motion. Later I presume that we will work on strength training. Going to say bye for now... Our internet service has been very flaky lately. Already lost one post today.

Have a great day,
JanieD
Old 01-18-2002, 07:22 PM   #6  

Myra,
Maybe because new threads are posting faster. My reminders don't come until I have replied the first time in each thread.
If I didn't reply in #115 I would never get a reminder.
That is all I can think of.

JanieD,
Glad you are still with us. Is the PT hard?

Terri
Old 01-18-2002, 07:31 PM   #7  

Angry

Me again

Terri, I got it now. I went back & read what you wrote then did what Jen said about reading the thread where it all started. It makes sense. I'm trying it. What do I have to lose right? It's worked for several people so I'm quite excited about trying something different. I'm always hungry at night. Late snacks have always been my downfall. Thanks for sharing this with us.

JanieD, glad to hear you're doing PT. A few yrs. ago I had a rotator cuff problem & had to go for PT 3X a week. I took too long to go so the problem got worse & I had to have surgery. I felt useless without being able to lift weights or even carry a gallon of milk. Thank God yours isn't so serious so you'll be back to normal in no time.

Myra, I never had the notification feature checked off. Maybe I should huh.

Sandy, it's a real bummer when our cars act up. Is your Mom doing better?

I rented a scary movie called Jeepers Creepers. I hope it's not a waste of money. Going to go watch it.

Myra & Dianne are you ready for the snow?!
I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Till tomorrow.

Love,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 01-18-2002 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:48 PM   #8  

Es,
Where di you find the thread? I would like to read it again.
Thanks,
Terri
Old 01-18-2002, 09:55 PM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, what type of 3 point breakfasts do you eat? just curious, have been trying to keep mine definitely under 5, but it becomes boring!

Dianne, how right you are! I'm sooo looking forward to seeing my boys tomorrow.

will write more tomorrow...
later!
Jen
Old 01-18-2002, 10:33 PM   #10  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good evening Ladies TGIF!! Thank the Lord! We went out for dinner tonight and I ate more than I wanted. It was a salad bar place but still, you can do so bad at those places. I did have low cal ranch (not fat free, YUK!), some soup and a baked potato with some sour cream. 1 pc of corn bread (small, really!) so when I counted my points, they were over but I did have banked points so I think I'm okay. I'm so glad that I didn't have many points during today. We had a food drive at work for the holidays and a contest between the 'boys' and the 'girls'. The boys lost and had to make the girls breakfast. They did that today but bought it instead of make it......biscuits, eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls.....I had NONE of it!! I felt so proud....so today was ok...but better than if I had eaten that breakfast.

Ruth ~ 1.8!!! Wow, weigh to go girl!! and a total of 16? You are SO getting there!!!

Terri ~ YOU DON'T REMEMBER TO EAT???? Now girl, I can forget my keys, forget my coat, even forget my name but if I could forget to eat...... How much weight have you lost since you started counting your points starting at dinner? I am seriously thinking of trying this. I will go back to the old threads and look it up.

Jen ~ enjoy your big screen TV! Greg just HAD to have one and I thought our den was too small but it's great and I love it. You will too. As for the 3 point breakfasts, some of mine are: light bread toased, 4 slices (I know, too many carbs) =2pts and brummel and brown strawberry spread = 1 pt. OR oatmeal with sweet and low and cinnamon = 2 pt OR 1 cup of cereal = 2pt, 1/2 cup skimmed milk = 1 pts OR 2 slices of light toast = 1 pt with 2 slices of bacon on it = 2 pts. How some of these sound good.

Dianne ~ Glad you're feeling better but hope you'll get rid of that cough soon. They are so annoying. BTW, the melted cheese sandwich was 2 pts: 2 lite breads = 1 pt and 2 fat free cheese = 1 pt.

Es ~ weigh to go to you too girl!! 1.6!!! keep it going! Did you get the snow? I miss it since not living in the NY/NJ metro area.....NOT!!

Sandy ~ you too!!!! Congrats on losing 1.4 lbs. Y'all are doing so great!

Myra ~ I'm not getting email notifications either and thought it was just me since I changed my email address on here and thought I did something wrong. But I checked my profile and it's fine. Wonder what's the deal.

Well, you's guys have really done a great job so far this week, losing so much.....what a bunch of "losers" y'all are!! Keep up the good work!!

Hello to anyone I didn't address. Have a wonderful Friday night.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
209/187.5/148
Old 01-19-2002, 02:08 AM   #11  

Hi Jen,
1.Oatmeal - LOVE IT!!!!
2.1 Egg or 1/4 c. egg beaters and toast with 1 piece of whitewheat bread and 1 tsp of I Can't Believe It's Butter Light . I LOVE whitewheat bread. It is sooo soft and it is 2 slices for 1 point.
3. BLT with breakfast strips. 2 slices of toast with a tsp. lite mayo
and the strips. Lettuce and sometimes tomato. Haven't had it in awhile. Must go to the store.
4. Whenever I have cereal I measure so it is 2 points and then I use 1/2 c. skim milk. I don't drink the milk when I am done so I measure the milk I have left to see my actual points.
5. Sometimes I am in the mood for toast only and then I will use the brummel and Brown apple cinnamon spread. MMmmm!

Enjoy the boys Jen. Good luck to the Bears tomorrow.

Zoe,
Too funny with the memory.
You should be proud. Passing those up took a lot of willpower and you GOT IT GIRL!!!!
I was almost at goal when I started it but I knew this is the only way for me to stay there. I love it. It may not be for everyone. Remember to always leave some points for the next day. I make sure to leave about 5-7.

Hi everybody.
Terri
Old 01-19-2002, 08:06 AM   #12  

Angry I Found Something That Works!!!!

Terri, go to WW General. I think Jen pulled it up.

How is everyone doing this Saturday? I have to run out to the bank then I'll be home all day waiting for the snow. I'm going to make the 0 point soup, exercise & watch movies. The one I watched last night was alright. Towards the end I found to be kind of dumb.

I'll be back later. I want to go out early before everybody hits the stores because they think we're having a blizzard.

See you's later.

Love,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 01-20-2002 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2002, 01:07 PM   #13  

Question

Where are all my buddies? Jen, Dianne, Terri, Myra, JanieD, Ruth, Viola, Sandy, Zoe?

I miss you's

I'll be back this evening. BIG HUGS!

Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 01-21-2002 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-20-2002, 01:56 PM   #14  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm here! I'm here!

Hello my friends!! I was so lost without you's guys last night but thankfully, we're back!!

Be back later this afternoon. We're going out to the mall for awhile. Woo Hoo......

Me
Old 01-20-2002, 02:27 PM   #15  

Here we are Es!!!!! Well, here I am - I'm sure Jen is busy watching those tight ends on her BIG SCREEN TV!!! And enjoying those little guys. Hope your team (Bears, right?) win Jen!!!

Since we are sharing our lite points breakfasts, I have to tell you that I looooooooooove corn muffins, but when I ate them at Au Bon Pain's restaurant, I was horrified to find out that they are 11 pts. each Imagine that - almost half your points for the entire day.) So, someone (maybe here even) suggested the Thomas' Toaster cakes, which are only 2 pts.each. So even I have two with 1 tbsp. of jam, that's only 5 pts. compared to 11, much better choice. Yesterday, I finally decided I wanted bacon and eggs, so I bought the egg beaters, which is like 0 for 1 egg and 1 pt. for 3eggs. I had 2 but counted it as one anyway and some canadian bacon counted as 3 = 2 pts. . So I had 2 scrambled egg beaters with 3 pcs. of canadian bacon on 2 slices reduced bread (toast), for a total of 4 pts. and it was very satisfying. Now that I'm starting over, I really need to look for low pt. breakfasts and lunches cause like most of you, I eat more in the evening.

Anyway, I went to ww yesterday and counting the lbs I gained in the 6 months since my last meeting and what I lost since I started last week, works out to a 2.5 lbs. loss - not too shabby. I'm psyched!

Es - we didn't get all that much snow - but very pretty. I haven't been out since the doctor's last thursday,and though I'm feeling better, I also feel really "out of it" - I don't want to do anything. I told willie last night he should go out, cause I felt bad, he's been working all week and I couldn't go anywhere. He stayed home with me and he rented some movies. I fell asleep anyway These meds keep me drowsy, I feel high.

Well, hi to everyone - too sleepy to get into everyone personally right now. I'll be back later maybe.

Have a good day!

Hugs,
Dianne
Closed Thread