Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 12:33 AM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls #31~

It was time to start a new thread, don't you think?
Don't forget to check out the most recent posts from today and tonight from everyone on #30.
Goodnight All,
~Pamela~
Old 01-08-2002, 05:28 AM   #2  

I thought the other one was getting long but now I can't reply to anyone cause I can't remember!

I know Pj was pushing Flax seed...Dh takes the oil..yuck!!!!

I think Julie is an old owl that has returned and is a WW leader or was one.

.............and that is all I can remember!
Old 01-09-2002, 05:45 AM   #3  

Here is a good recipe: I had it tonight and yummmmm!!!!

Deep-Dish Pizza Casserole Recipe by : Cooking Light Makes 6 servings at
6 points each 1 pound ground round 1 15 ounce can chunky Italian-style
tomato sauce cooking spray 1 10 ounce can refrigerated pizza crust dough
6 1 ounce slices part-skim mozzarelly cheese -- divided Cook meat in a
medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring
until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary and return to skillet. Add tomato
sauce, and cook until heated. While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch
baking dish. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway
up sides of baking dish. Line bottom of pizza crust with 3 slices
mozzarella cheese. Top with meat mixture. Bake, uncovered at 425 for 12
minutes. Top with remaining 3 cheese slices, and bake 5 additional
minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes
before serving. You can use ground turkey too....and add onions,
peppers, mushrooms and olives but make sure you count the points
Old 01-09-2002, 06:53 AM   #4  

Good morning to all.

Hey Michelle, good for you, rejoining WW. You and anyone else can pick my brain at anytime. If I can help in anyway, I certainly will. I do know that motivation is one thing that comes to all of us at one time or another, we have it big time, then we lose it. It really isn't the motivation it is just doing it after awhile that gets boring. Kinda like a marriage, you have the wedding (wonderful), then you have the honeymoon (great) then after a while we all settle down and most of the excitement slows down, but we keep on going

Candice, I'm still a WW leader, working for the company since 1993, boy that seems hard to believe

The pizza casserole is really good. I tried a recipe very similiar to that sometime ago and my family liked it.

We are still waiting for snow in Wisconsin, don't think any will come today, we are supposed to be up in the 40's today.

Have a great day!!!

Julie
Old 01-09-2002, 09:49 AM   #5  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Hi there.....yesterday I had posted twice but my computer kept freezing and before I could "copy"....it was gone, so now I'm going to "copy" what I've already typed and quickly post....then I'll come back and finish and so on and so on.

Ok...now that that's done. Had a good day OP yesterday, with the exception of a couple of beers. I DID count them and didn't go over. Just barely made it within my point range. That's the hard point for me....now that I'm a little lighter...I don't get as many points.....Oh Poo!

It's FREEZING here ..... it got down into the 30's last night and we had to double blanket all of the horses, cover alot of our flowers and plants and had the heat blasting. I have to say though....I'm SO GLAD WE HAVE A FIREPLACE! We've used it alot this winter....and winter has just begun here in Fla. Yeah....all those people up north who kept laughing at us for putting a fireplace in....HAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be busy, busy, busy this week since I'm going to have the entire house ready for sale next Monday. Last thing to be painted is the trim in the kitchen and then the carpets will be cleaned. I'm taking down the drapes and putting up the valances I made and they'll stay with the house. I want this place ready to "move into" as soon as they look at it. We still have the potential buyers but I'm not counting my eggs until I've gone to contract and not even then!!!! When I've closed and handed them the keys....then I'll do a dance.

That Pizza sounds delicious, I'll have to give it a try. I love buying the "dough" at the supermarket and making homemade. The kids like to get involved too but then...if they make it......THEY eat it. Heh-heh.
Here's wishing you all a good, good day.
Hugs,

Last edited by PJ; 01-09-2002 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:38 AM   #6  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Almost forgot......Bill and I finally gave in and let our 13 1/2 yr. old, Jackie....get ................A BELLY BUTTON RING AAAAAAHhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, she and I and her best friend and her mother all went together last week and it was pretty cool. Believe me, we checked alot of places out and this was very sterile and clean and very STRICT as per who and what we could have done. Jackie decided to go first since Vicki was in tears and chickened out......Jackie's teeth were chattering and as I was holding her hands....I got her to breathe in throug her nose and out through her mouth S..L..O...W...L....Y..... !!!!!! Well, by the time the guy told her to take a deep breather......woops! IT WAS IN!!!! LOL....she couldn't believe it. She said it hurt for only a second when he pushed it in and then it was over. Instead of having to wash it with the "clear soap" they tell you to use twice a day.....we got the spray she can use 2-3 times a day. Like I said, this was last week and it's healing very well and she cleans it ritually every morning, afternoon and night. She's not the type to do the nose, eyebrow ..... whatever some kids do that all my friends are warning me about. They keep telling me "oh sure, first it's the belly button...then it's the nose".........nope, sorry.... Jackie is pretty conservative when it comes to certain things and she's wanted this as long as I can remember. As a matter of fact, she dresses where hardly anything shows (except of course for her teeny weeny bikini) and she's actually got GOOD taste. So, I don't regret doing it with her ...... it was actually alot of fun and it's something we'll never forget. Yes....Vicki finally went but only because Jackie was so thrilled and couldn't belive it didn't hurt as much as they both anticipated. LOL.....awww, poor kid was trembling. But she did it and we gave her ample chances to back out but nooooo, they both did it together. Best buds since 3rd grade....going into 9th. It was a really cool night.
Well that's it.........and here's the picture of the "pink cat's eyes BAR" that she picked out.

Last edited by PJ; 01-09-2002 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-09-2002, 05:54 PM   #7  

Hi There,

Update on my SIL. They said that if the cancer was from the breast cancer and travelled then things are very bad because it could be anywhere in her body just waiting to pop out. If it is a seperate cancer, it is bad still but not as bad. They are operating on the 14th and then we will know more.

Hello to everyone, and hi julie, long time no see.

Later everyone
Bren
Old 01-09-2002, 08:22 PM   #8  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Hi Owls!!

PJ...I think I have missed something. Are you selling your house and moving to where your horse is??? I have gone back on the threads and I must have missed it...tell me more!! How did that come about??? If I had a tummy like Jackies's...heck I might even want a ring in it myself..LOL. Looks good on her!

Candice..LOVE your Snowmen ....and that casserole sounds really good. I think I would like to try it!

Weight Watcher ...That is great that you have been with WW for so long and that means that you lost your weight and have kept it off. Good for you!!! I am drinking my water and exercising this week and watching what I eat. Not counting points ...yet.

Well I can't remember much from the other thread..

Bren...Thanks for the update on SIL. I hope her news will be good.

The other night I was in such a hurry because I had to go buy something new to wear to work. I have worked for this company that owns five nursing homes for 23 years and now it seems he is going to sell it. The prospective owner was/did come for a walk through yesterday and I wanted to look my best . However I could not find anything that I liked...figures ...so I ended up wearing black slacks and a plaid jacket that I already had. It turns out that he just made a really quick walk through and will be back in 2 weeks..looks like a it's pretty much a "done deal". I will really miss the folks I used to work for....althought they say that things will stay the same in our center...Hope so!!! Guess I better shop now for the next vistit

I may be back later on but I am to surf the net to find some new info on my new BIG boss...and he is out there!! It seems he is a billionaire!!!

later owls
emmy
Old 01-11-2002, 10:49 AM   #9  
Is is spring yet??

WOW! I guess everything from yesterday that was posted is gone! They had a server problem -- bummer!

I am sick! Well I am doing ok now - but I have a sinus infection! OUCH!! I am on antibiotics and feel alittle better - not 100%. And I am not sleeping too good - I hate that! I need my sleep! Winter stinks - plain and simple!

Bren - Sorry to hear about your SIL - I hope things are ok - I will keep her in my prayers.

Emmy - Glad to see you here girl!! I am sure being a mother is hard because you want to be there for the kids as much as you can - but you really SHOULD join WW and get out 1 time a week. Even if that is the only time - it will be worth it. You are important too Just my opinion!!

PJ - A belly button ring huh - imagine that! She is growing up!!

Candice - I love the pics of your snowmen! I love them too and have SO many (too many).

I have to run - work is calling!

Have a great weekend ladies!!

Tara
Old 01-11-2002, 11:48 AM   #10  
Teacher chick

Default PAMELA"S EMAIL

Pamela, I lost your email addy.

Hi everyone. I'm so glad it's the weekend. I don't have a lot of plans. My "baby" goes back to college on Sunday. Can I start to cry now?

It's good to see everyone posting. I'm sorry for not doing a better job myself.

Love you guys,
Judy
Old 01-12-2002, 07:49 AM   #11  

Hi everyone,

I couldn't get here yesterday, not sure what the problem was but at least I can today

The weather here in Wisconsin has been so wonderful, yesterday it was up around 50 and the sun was shining, gosh is it really Jan. Usually we have had a few snow storms and the kids are out using their snowmobiles....right now we can mow the grass

Who here goes to WW meetings? If you do, how did you like this weeks meeting? My members really go into it and some of their reasons for WANTING to lose weight were so funny. What are some of your reasons for wanting to lose?

Hope you all have a great day and that is is warm and sunny by you.

Julie
Old 01-12-2002, 08:10 AM   #12  
I'm on my way!

Good morning...where is everyone! Come out come out wherever you are!

I have had a successful week so far. I actually can't wait to weigh in on MOnday night!

Julie I didn't get to stay for last weeks meeting but I plan to stay this monday night! Do you know what the topic is going to be?
One reason I want to lose weight is to be healthy for my son. I was 40 when I had him and I want to be around to watch him grow up and I don't want him to be embarrassed by the size of his mom!

I need to cut this short...my boy is sick and a whiney hiney again today. He just wants to be held! I will check back in later!

Michelle
Old 01-12-2002, 07:33 PM   #13  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hi girls - Just wanted to check the posts and see how Brenda's SIL is doing. Brenda, my prayers are with you and your family....I truly hope the surgery shows nothing bad. Keep up the faith!
Judy My email is [email protected]

Sorry.....running in and out the past day or so. Talk to you all later.
~Pamela~
Old 01-12-2002, 08:03 PM   #14  

Hi Michelle,

This next weeks meeting is about the myths and truths about weight loss. I found it very interesting when I was going over my meeting guide. I really think that if presented in the right way, members will really learn alot.

Hope your little one is feeling better.

Julie
Old 01-13-2002, 12:36 AM   #15  
Is is spring yet??

Hello A late nite post from me tonite. I am still online (ready for bed!) and wanted to say HI!!

Julie - My reasons for wanting to lose weight are:

(1) To be healthy -- I am pretty healthy (for the most part) and want to stay that way!
(2) So I can shop anywhere I want to - damnit! LOL

Those are the 2 main reasons really. I don't even want to be super thin - I am just aiming for healthy and at a reasonable weight. That would be fine!

Michelle - I hope Andrew is doing better today!

Well I should go to bed - here is a picture of Nicholas and Olivia from Christmas Day - I love it!!

Goodnite,
Tara
Closed Thread