Old 09-08-2007, 07:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/171.6/139

Hey Y'all!

I'm still here. Just been in a funk about my current weight loss, or lack thereof. I just haven't been able to stay on program. As a result, I am up 2.6lbs from my most recent low. I guess that's really not that much, but the summer has pretty much been a wash for me. I've been bouncing up and down the same 2.5lbs or so since mid June. I want to kick myself. But, I think I may be able to stick with it now. At least I hope so.

Welcome Trish #2 and congrats on that 2lb loss. That is great for one week! I hope our little group will inspire you.

Tammy, congrats on making your 10lb goal! You'll hit your 20lbs in no time, I'm sure.

Trish #1, it is great that you were able to keep the damage to the minimum with 2 big events. And congrats on your 23rd! This year was our 24th. I know I can't be that old!

Tina, I feel like I'm catching up to you. I got a call last week from someone wanting to know if I was the Terry Smith who graduated from Berea High in 1977. We are getting ready to have our 30th high school reunion. I told her that yes, I was that Terry Smith, but there is no way I graduated 30 years ago! Where have the years gone?

Okay everybody, let's get out there and lose those pounds! (I have a reunion to go to! )
mom36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #17  
Thursday Lady

Terry, you'll be lean and greater looking than now when it's time for your reunion.
That's interesting you mentioning the reunion because I just received a postcard from my high school.
They were inviting me to a 70th Reunion! No, NOT MINE, the school's.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #18  

Terry, glad to hear from you!!! I think we are all ready to get back on the wagon. I've been gung ho about journaling everything and drinking water, so I know that is part of what has helped me with the loss. Getting in some exercise won't hurt me either. LOL to graduating 30 years ago!! I'll be out 35 years in the spring. It doesn't seem possible, but I guess it's true since I just finished 30 years of teaching.

Tina, I didn't think you'd be celebrating your 70th!!

I have a niece that is getting married next June, so I would like to look half way decent for her wedding. I guess that and just for my own health will help keep me focused. At least I hope it will!!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, you already look half way decent. I couldn't resist that!!!
You and Terry have something aim for. I'll have to think of something.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #20  
Thursday Lady

Default Tammy Update

Morning,

For those who don't go to the Thursday Chatters thread very often, if ever, you haven't heard the news. Tammy's husband was taken to the ER a few days ago. He's in ICU.
Go over to the Chatters thread and read all that Tammy wrote.
We are all "with her" in spirit right now.

Weigh-in results.....I'm down another pound.
Hopefully by next Thursday, I can get my fish to swim.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:31 PM   #21  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Sorry to hear about Tammy's husband.

I lost one lb. this week. Glad to find a thursday log.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #22  
Thursday Lady

Hi Keli,
It's great to hear from you!
Wow, 1 more pound gone. That's fantastic.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:42 PM   #23  
Thursday Lady

It's quiet around here lately.
My mother is in the hospital, since Friday night. I came home this afternoon and walked on the treadmill. I'm going to try to be good eating.

Good luck to everyone this week.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #24  

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone! I forgot to post here last week, and hope everyone is enjoying what is left of summer! And thanks for the warm welcome
(My friends would be scared of two Trish's too, lol!)

So this week, I went into my WI scared. I had TOM since Monday, and I went over my points on Sunday. (Dang beer!) But I started walking 5.1 miles on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I thought there was some hope for a little loss.

Today I stepped on the scale and.....3.4 lbs lost!! OMG!!

I understand that anything over 2lbs is not healthy but a loss this big, on occasion, isn't uncommon. So, I have a question...with a loss this big, should I count on nothing for my WI next week?

Hope your mother is doing okay, Tina!
Getupandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #25  
Thursday Lady

Trish

What a fantastic loss. It's okay to have a loss like that, once in awhile.
Who knows, you might have a small loss next week.
Does anyone else have an idea????
Whatever happens next week----keep it up! I'm sure that all that walking really helped.

I didn't gain or lose this week. I'm glad for no gain since my eating schedule has been off.

Mother is much better. The dr. just wants to keep her in the hospital a few more days. She's gotten pretty weak.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #26  

Way to go Trish!!! Great loss!!!

Tina, I'm with you. I haven't been paying attention to what I've been eating the past couple of weeks, that's for sure. I can stay the same!!

Just being in the hospital not doing anything will make you weak. I am so glad she is feeling better!!!!!!

Bob did stand up at the sink and shave yesterday. He stood up for about 10 minutes, and boy was he ready to get back in bed!!! The doctors think that as he gets his strength back, he be moving around more, and some of that fluid will start going away. The social worker has been great getting information for us and contacting people. My aunt and uncle came to visit Bob this afternoon. They were in the hall talking to this social worker. Come to find out, she used to be a nurse at the Children's Hospital, and she was my cousin's nurse. He died from leukemia my first year of college. It was his parents who were visiting Bob. Small world.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:42 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Talking Weight Loss!!! Yeah!

I lost 1.6 pounds this past WI. I've been rather busy at work and haven't logged in until late yesterday!!!

TTFN,

Trish

Last edited by Piano51; 09-22-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Piano51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Wow, 1.6 pounds gone forever!!!

Keep up the good work. And, post, post, post.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #29  

Trish, congrats on the 1.6!! Woo hoo!! We should meet for a WW lunch sometime since we're almost neighbors!! lol What's a couple hours???
Old 09-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #30  

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on your loss, Trish!! That's fantastic!

Ironically, that's exactly what I lost this week too! LOL! I'm very happy because with this weeks loss, I'm now over a 10lb loss total. That feels great.

Congrats Tammy and Tina for maintaining too!

Hope everyone else had a good week as well!
Getupandgo is offline   Reply With Quote