Old 09-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #31  
Thursday Lady

T.G.I.F.

Yea for me! I walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes. This is good because I haven't been able to exercise for awhile.
It felt so good.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
We all hope Tammy's husband, Bob, can come home soon.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #32  

Hi everyone. I had an email from Tina. They took her mother to the ER last night. She said that she has had swelling in her legs for years, but now they are infected and weeping. She is in pain. Tina said that her heart is in good condition though. Prayers are needed!!!!

My hubby, Bob, must be getting better because he was complaining about the food at the hospital. He also had the nurse call me last night so he could talk to me. He really wants to come home. I have his clothes in the van to take in with me today just in case he does get to come home today. Still not sure he's ready though.

My eating has been out of control this week. Nerves? The main thing that has tasted good is ice cream. I knew that was my comfort food, and now I am sure of it! I need to get back in control before I gain everything that I've lost.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #33  

Well, Bob can't come home today. In fact, the doctor told him at least 3 more days. He is back on an IV, increase in the oxygen, more pain meds. I could have cried. I'm going early tomorrow to talk to the doctor myself.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #34  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Tammy, I'm sorry Bob isn't doing good.

My mother had a very good afternoon after being so sick.
She still is not allowed to get out of bed. The doctor is keeping her there a week.
I'm so exhausted. I couldn't get much sleep after being up almost all night.
tina
Old 09-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #35  
Susan

My friends,

I wish I ws close enough to be with both of you. You both need to take care of yourself. Ya'll are in my prayers.

Tammy, I'm glad Bob had a better day, hope he makes it out for his birthday.

Tina, How are your mother's spirits? I hope she is getting relief.

Ya'll know I am here for you.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #36  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,

Susan, you are the best!

Mother was not good late yesterday afternoon and evening. Something set her off and she fussed and fussed and fussed at my sister. The nurse called her doctor who ordered a sitter to stay nights. They even had to sedate her during the night. Because of her stroke, Mother is prown to "Sundowning."
Today she seemed better.
Her legs are much better. I don't know how long she'll stay in the hospital. I've been up there 7:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. I'm going to get on my treadmill and walk now.

Tammy, hope Bob gets to go home soon.

Okay friends----------Post!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #37  

Tina, your poor mother! I pray that things are better for her soon. And for all of your family too!

Bob may come home on Thursday. The doctor mentioned Wed. afternoon/evening, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. I took Bob a red rose today. When we were first married, he gave me a red rose every month on the 19th for a year. We were married June 19.

I came home early today to rest and go to water aerobics tonight. It felt good. I'm going to a class at 6:15 (yes, that's right!!) in the morning. I know the woman that teaches it and she talked me into coming when she called about Bob the other night.

I think I'm headed to bed. Pooed out. Tina, get some rest too!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #38  
Susan

Hi,

I have a migraine... I am mixed with a hormonal headache and just mad! My girl had an outburst the last 15 minutes of school..... when she isn't with me. Then I got chewed out by someone not in my department. I called my team leader and supervisor! I went to a workshop with the girl and her mom on Saturday about CHARGE. SO I'm giving it to my team leader to help have the idiots at my school understand that she isn't doing stuff just to be a pill!!!!

Tammy, glad you are getting to water aerobics. Glad Bob is doing better! Coming home with oxygen isn't so bad.

Tina, what is "sundowning?" I'm glad they ordered a sitter with your mom. I can only imagine how hard it is to be in a state of confusion and know something isn't right. My grandmother was like that when she had alzheimer!

I want you too to know YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!! What are friends for!!!! We've been through a bunch together!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #39  
Thursday Lady

sundowning---I'm no expert; but, it means getting confused and irritable in the late afternoon and evening. It hits dementia and Alzhiemer patients.
The first time we discovered it with Mother was taking her back to assisted living one night.
She didn't know where she was and didn't think Larry knew what he was doing. She got frantic. When we got back to her place, she didn't recognize it and wouldn't go in for the longest. Now she can be very aggitated.
We've learned not to take her any place after dark. It's really a sad situation.

Tammy, that is great news!!!

Susan, I'm so sorry you have to deal with idiots!

Sis, how is the weight loss going?
Maureen, are you still roller blading?
Chantal, it won't be long until your Paris vacation.
Terry, when's your next vacation?

Someone is having a reunion.

I'm bushed. I've really eaten good while Mother's in the hospital. Yesterday, I took 3 bottles of water with me and drank all of them! I was running down the hall to the bathroom all afternoon.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:58 AM   #40  

Susan, that is awful for you to be treated like that! Let me at them!!!! And you are right, we have been through alot together.

Tina, I've heard of that, but I didn't know the term for it. Hope things are getting better.

I wimped out this morning. I was up with Kramer, but I went back to bed instead of going to the aerobics class. The sleep felt great. I honestly probably needed it more than the class. I'm getting some things done around here, and then I'll head for the hospital about 11:00. It's an hour drive one way, so I crank the radio and sing my fool head off. I listen to K-Love. Do you guys ever listen to it? I also listen to another local Christian station.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #41  
Thursday Lady

Morning,
I didn't stay long at the hospital...just long enough to see how Mother did last night and to help her eat breakfast. She didn't eat much yesterday and was starving. She ate almost every bite of her meal.
I needed to get away and rest today. I have a tendency to get sick when I get stressed and tired. Can't have that happen.

Tammy, you did good staying home this morning with Kramer. Personally, water aerobics so early doesn't sound good. I'd sink!

Everyone have a good day.

Last edited by Tina; 09-18-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #42  
Susan

I am proud of both of you for resting some. You both need it.

Ok, my team leader had a meeting with the administration. Then I was talking to her and told her how upset I was with the other teacher yelling at me, etc... She said "GO tell the prinicipal." Now ya'll know how I feel about her. I did, I told her that in 21 years I have never had anyone talk to me like that. She made the other teacher apologize, etc.. of course the teacher was mad but who cares.

I didn't sleep good last night and still have my headache. Hopefully I'll get to bed early tonight.

Ya'll take care!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 AM   #43  

Tina, I can understand getting sick when stressed and tired. It isn't easy seeing someone you love go through what they are going through. The sleep really did me good yesterday during the day. I didn't fall asleep at the hospital!!

I have been holding up pretty good I thought until last night when I had a meltdown. I guess I knew it would happen sooner or later. lol I'm not going back on the prozac yet though. My back is so tight and achy this morning. I have a chiro appointment at 9;30. This is my 2nd week of going to her 3 days a week. She's trying to get me straightened out. I always feel good after I've been there, so I hope things are working. I am almost afraid to go today since it hurts. She knows about the fibro, so she's been great.

Susan, I still think that Tina and I could take care of that other teacher!!!!! Get her phone number, and we'll make crank calls and find out if her refrigerator is running or if she has Prince Albert in a can!!!!! Count me in!! Of course, I"VE NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN MY LIFE!!!! (or at least for a very long time) Hope you slept better last night.

They weighed Bob at the hospital yesterday. 240 pounds. Not bad for someone 6'3", BUT a month ago on our scales he weighed 187!!!!! I know ours weigh a few pounds low, but not 53 pounds! He has to get rid of that fluid. It is making it harder to breathe. They do have him up and walking with help now, so they think that will get rid of some of the fluid. The PT talked to us yesterday about the fluids pressing on his lungs and heart, which isn't a good thing.

I had thought he might be able to come home on Thursday, but I don't think so. THe doctor told him that he wanted him to be home for his birthday on Sat., but he couldn't guarantee it. I bought another weekly parking pass. Cheaper that way.

Get this. I was hungry this morning even though I usually don't eat this early when I'm up with Kramer. I ate a WW blueberry muffin and am drinking a real Pepsi. Healthy, right??? I have been making healthier choices in the cafeteria down there. They have a really good salad bar. Lots of fresh fruits and vegies. I have been trying to go the soup and salad route instead of the burgers and fries, although those look really yummy!!!

I'm rambled enough. I'm going to go back to bed for a couple hours. Kramer goes to the Pooch Parlor for daycare this week which has been nice because I have him around at night. My chiro appt. is at 9:20. I need to go buy some bigger shoes, socks, and pants for Bob for when he can come home. I know the swelling won't be completely down, so we'll have to find something to wear.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #44  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Unhappy Yikes

Ladies,

I am failing miserably. I have not been OP for about 2-3 weeks now. I see my weight rising and I'm so discourages. I know I need and can do this. I wish I had someone to hold me accountable. I refuse to buy any clothes that are a size bigger than what I am right. Being an emotional eater doesn't help one bit. ARGH! I guess I just need to suck it up and do it. Sorry for the vent, just needed to get out how I was feeling.

Dori
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:26 PM   #45  
Thursday Lady

Dori, you can vent all you want. That's what we're here for.

You can do this!
Everyone on this thread will be happy to hold you accountable.
Okay, let's start now
Start back journaling
Drink your water
We want to know how you do today.