Old 08-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #16  

Hi all!

DH is out of town so the kids and I ordered pizza and rented movies. They've never rented movies before so that was neat for them. DH isn't one to watch them so we haven't rented anything in like 6 years.

I ate too much pizza but I think I'm ok on points. Plus I didn't buy any pop!

Have a great night
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:03 AM   #17  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls! Just my daily check-in! Today DH and I are going to Presque Isle Downs to do the slots! Wish me luck! lol!
Misty - good job at staying in your points range when you ordered pizza! We order pizza out probably once a week and it is a killer for me because I love it. Since I started my diet we order a smaller one and then get two salads as well. So I try to fill up with the salad and then only stick to one piece!

Well, Have a good day everyone!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #18  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Well gals, seems like I have to get rid of all my LARGES because they don't fit anymore - too big. It actually feels kind of weird because I'm still a couple pounds shy of being at a healthy BMI (this morning was 165.4 on my scale, and highest for healthy BMI is 164). Or are most people mediums entering their healthy BMI range? Maybe this is a question for the support group or the maintainers. Either way, I'm psyched about it!!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #19  

Lori- THAT dersreves the slimmin' sistas famous 21 nanner salute!

WAY TO GO! GREAT JOB!

I think you are right probably some of the ladies and gents over in the maintainers board might know the answer to you ?.

Yeah I am pretty excited about staying OP yesterday! I love the salad idea! Not buying pop was a HUGE victory for me. Plus, yesterday we had 20 kids at the daycare and it sounded like 120. Our florescent lights were flashing and my head was killing me. I really wanted a Pepsi, I wanted the caffeine for my head and the sugar buzz to get my through that last two hours. Every time I went to get water there they were in my face. But I didn't buy one!

Have a great day everyone! Today my youngest turns 3. Am I happy? Am I sad? I'm like an emotional basket case LOL 3 is the best age!

Oh and I got the speech job part time, and told my boss at the daycare I'll take any hours after preschool that I can to work in the daycare, so I can work full time between the two jobs. DH says we can't afford a house b/c I don't work full time. However my parents and best friend both have nice houses and together they make as much as DH and I or maybe slightly more in the case of my best friend b/c her husband does side jobs under the table as a contractor. But he was also laid off for over 6 months and had no work and they still managed. So if he wants to blame me for the state of our finances then I'll work full time. So we'll see how it all works out. I am frustrated with the guy at this speech job, school starts on Monday and they haven't trained me at all. I don't see why my certification matters in training it's not like I am working with kids yet. I don't even know where my room is in the building or how they do billing, how their IEPs work if I am required to attend IEP meetings. I hate waiting on other people.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #20  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Misty - on avoiding those Pepsis! Who does the finances, you or your husband? I do them, and DH used to ask "Can I spend money on xxxx?" and we did away with that. We both get allowances each month now for whatever we want to buy. That includes food when he is on the road for work. I tell him that counts. He can always bring a turkey sandwich or PB&J in the truck with him. No excuses there! Maybe you should start taking more of an active role in your finances? Also, just because other people make the same amount, they might not have as much debt. That is the case with us and others. We have more debt, so there are less things we can do. But congrats on the job! I hope you like it
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #21  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Lori, Jeanne and Misty on your losses this week. I seem to be bouncing up and down with the same 2-3 lbs and it is hard to find a weigh-in day because of working shifts. Anyway today I want to start doing some cleaning up in the basement. We have all this space down there and it is just being used for storage. It is really unlikely that we are going to be renovating it within the next few years, longer if we have a baby so might as well take advantage and still make it into useable space. Plus all my exercise equipment is down there so I'd like to make it all a bit more user friendly.

What I so hate about being overweight is that it is such a visicious circle. I have no energy because I am overweight but I'd get more energy if I wasn't overweight and I don't have the energy to exercise! Also I overeat because I am overweight so I just get more overweight.

Yep being overweight can affect fertility as much as being underweight plus it makes it that much more difficult being pregnant and increased risk of gestational diabetes and high blood pressure which will both negatively affect the baby's and mother's health.

Anyway have a great day all!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #22  
jeanne

Hi everyone! Misty - yay for the way the jobs worked out and great job on that soda challenge! Make a stand on that house if that is what you want! Your rent can be your house payment!!!! And there are great rates out there that you may even be able to get a smaller house payment then your rent! Good Luck!

Lori -YAY YAY YAY! I can't wait to get rid of my XXL! You are definately motivation for that! Good Job! Have fun this w/e in Vermont!

Jen - I totally know what you mean! It is a viscious cycle! Hey that extra space with your excercise equipment in it - Great idea - get in there and make it "your" space! Add a candle and some "pretties" or a poster or something - just to make it a little more inviting - maybe that will help get you down there to use that equipment! I have just been thinking about doing that myself in some "unused" space in my basement! I'd like to buy a treadmill!

Have a nice day everyone!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #23  
jeanne

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:25 AM   #24  

Hi all! Have fun on vacation Lori!!!!!!!

Jen-I was just thinking about that cycle this morning! My feet are killing me b/c I am overweight, I'm also really tired. I need to suck it up and get moving. Good luck with the basement!

DH does our finances. I got tired of him criticizing me for how I did it. We've incurred a lot more debt recently. Our van payment is a killer and we have two more years. I had it back in the shop yesterday. I was so excited to get it when we bought it and I have been regretting it since.

We don't actually pay rent. My FIL owns this dump and if we weren't here it would just sit empty. SO we used to pay the gas bill and give him $400 a month, he never asked we just paid it. Then when we got the van he asked us to give my SIL my tracker and finish the payments out in lieu of rent. So my SIL got a free car. Then we put in a $5,000 corn burning furnace and we buy all the corn, so the gas bill is now minimal. It was over $900 a month. Plus, DH does farm chores and he makes the diesel fuel for the farm which saves my FIL a chunk of cash in the summer. We pay for stuff like fencing, tractor parts ect when we happen to pick them up when we're in town.

I know we need to quit buying crap and start saving. I'm going to be working full time so that will help.

Well my laundry is buzzing I better go!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #25  
jeanne

OIC!!!! Misty - my ex and I lived on their family farm - tons of similiarities! I say no more!!!!!!!