Old 07-18-2007, 06:42 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
I typed a message earlier today but the computer didn't get it where it needed to go. In any case, Piano and best of luck. You can do this!

Chrily, sorry you're having physical problems, but you really have an upbeat attitude and I know you can do this.

Today I weighed in at WW's mtg. and lost two of the three pounds I gained last week. I think I lost even more and if I do the right thing, next week I should see another two pound loss. Wish me luck! It's been a good day so far so I'm sending everybody : and reminders to exercise, watch portions, drink loads of water and have a good day!
Judy
234.6/220/thinner into onederland
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #17  

Ladies: Oh my god. I am so bloody tired. Packing is crazy, I'm still sleep deprived, and work went from its usual 80 MPH to 110 MPH on Monday. I swear to god sometimes this place (my job) is trying to kill me! But the move and the packing and even my current breakneck speed project is supposed to be done by the end of the month. So I think I deserve, during that first weekend in August, a massage and a weekend to myself, if nothing else than to sleep and unpack. Sound fair? Anyway, that's where my head's been this last week -- packing, forcing myself to run on very little sleep, Super Stress at work...but here's the good news...drumroll... I lost 2.6 pounds this week! ::: Can you believe it? That's the second week in a row that I've lost a large amount. I think the thing I'm doing with points is really paying off.

You probably won't hear from me again this week. I'm sorry. Most days it's all I can do to keep my head above water, but I had to tell my turtles about my success. I always call my family, and then I have to go tell you guys. ::hugs::

Anyway, here's my individual responses...

Judy -- I think the arrangement of points worked very, very well. I cut 14 off the top of my flex points, added those, 2 per day, to my daily minimum, and saved the rest for the weekend. I'll admit, I still went a bit over, but not much, and I *always* wrote it down -- and it looks like I am on the right track -- I lost 2.4 pounds last week, 2.5 this week. I can't remember such significant weight losses two weeks in a row EVER, so I'm thrilled. It's working, and no more dizzy spells, so I'm going to go with it for now. We'll see how it goes when I get back to working out again, which I cannot do now between the move and the exhaustion. It's really affecting my stress level, but I just feel awful right now. I'll get back to it soon enough. Congrats on your recent WL, and all of your costume ideas sound like a blast to me! Oh, and hey, no word back on the lease, so we'll see what happens. Re disappearing messages -- I am used to 3FC eating my messages in transit now. I also copy and paste it somewhere else, or just copy it onto the clipboard before I try to post. I got sick and tired of eating messages. Congrats again on the WL. That is awesome, you are on a roll!

Princess: That is so exciting! You can fit into a size 12, that is AMAZING. Congratulations, big time! What a feeling, huh? As corny as it sounds, my leader is right -- nothing tastes as good as that feels. Re the apartment: I may pay them to make them go away, and I can -- but I feel that they are trying to take advantage of me and not taking into consideration their own inability to manage their complex, and punishing me unfairly. I have to try to fight, and, well, if it doesn't work out, I'll cope somehow. Oh, and enjoy your vacation!

Piano: Exercising control when it comes to goodies is important and sooo hard. Take your victories where you find them, and if you aren't happy with something (i.e. what you brought to a meeting), strategize how you will change that. If you're happy with it, go with it. Never beat yourself up about the past, you can only change the present and strategize for the future. I learned that the hard way, trust me.

Chrily: All things come with habit. There are kinds of exercise which do not require your legs -- perhaps a rowing machine (I think that is not so hard on your legs, but it might be -- you'll have to try it), and water exercise at a local Y or gym or pool, and I've even seen a machine at more than one Bally's where you move your arms instead of your legs, and get your cardio that way. Ask your doctor for ideas about exercising and getting cardio, etc., without stressing the parts that hurt. I know that my hips and knees hurt a lot more when I was heavier, and as I've lost weight, the pain has gone down significantly. Glucosamine Chondroiton (sp?) also seemed to help with that.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #18  
Chick

Ariana,
Weigh to go! That is a phenomenol weight loss, especially since you lost so much last week as well. Very exciting news. I love the way that you arranged your points and made them work for you.
As far as packing and also working so hard at your place of business, it's okay and it will pass. In the meantime you're knocking off your weight at record speed and must be very near your goal now.

Hey Turtles, keep on drinking that water, watch the portions, exercise, and chime in when you can!
Judy
Old 07-20-2007, 07:02 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Friday!

Morning all!

Well even on vacation I could not miss saying happy friday to my friends.

Welcome to Piano, I am on vacation and since this is just a fast drop in I will introduce myself later on but we are very happy to have you with us.

Ariana: Oh, I agree about the apartment complex thing... they are taking advantage of you just like they did my son. They know you will do almost anything to make a problem that they can not or will not deal with go away... I am so sorry that you have to deal with that! 2.6! You are so my hero!

Judy: How are you doing?

Well we have had a ton of rain but I have managed to do lots of water skiing already, even though it has been years I managed to get up on my first run right away so I was happy... the pilates and the lower weight helped a ton!

I have to run but will try and check back later on!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #20  
Chick

Princess, so great to hear from you on ! Glad you're having fun and enjoying yourself. I had a nice WI and am doing well. Two dresses arrived for me to try on for my mother-of-the-bride dress. One is much too small-size 18 but I thought I'd give it a shot, and the other is a little big, size 20. I'm happy I followed my friend's advice because the dress that fits me is really pretty and just needs to be shortened. Yay. I have time for that because the wedding isn't until October.
You all take care, have fun and enjoy the weekend.
Judy
Old 07-21-2007, 12:33 AM   #21  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey chickies...

How's the day for you all? I've been busy. Today was my mom's b-day and tomorrow we are throwing a surprise b-day party for my BIL's 30th birthday. I have so many birthdays this month. Yikes! It was so funny because my BIL was sulking and feeling down because he thinks everyone forgot his birthday (which was on Tues but going to be celebrated tomorrow). We had dinner for my mom, made her a cheesecake and got her a new stereo for her car. Her radio doesn't work half the time so she's in love now....

My feet are hurting worse. I got a call into my rheumatologist today but my luck..he's on vacation for a week. His nurse said she would get all the information to him as soon as he got back. She said it looks like I'll probably be put on some IV arthritis drugs.

Well Off with me. I'm going to play a game or two of pool on pogo.com and then to bed so I can get up bright and early to clean and help my sister with the party prep.

Ariana and Judy-thanks for the exercise ideas. The rowing machine isn't a good one for me. My knees flare up from bending too much but water aerobics might be an option. This is just a frustrating time for me. I just keep watching my weight go up, my clothes getting tighter and my energy just being zapped continually.
Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - hope everyone is having a great summer.

I haven't posted in some time, but still thought of all of you often. Seems once I got back from Vegas it has been one thing after another and I kind of got in a slump and stayed off the computer. Still went to ww mtgs most of the time but that has been a see/saw thing for a long time.

Was on holidays last week for missed ww but am going back this weekend
for sure.

So, how is everone's weight loss going? Better than mine I hope.

Take care.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #23  
Chick

Dear BAndit,
It was so good to hear from you. You've been missed. for chiming in again. It's the same old struggle for me, but I keep working at it.
It's amazing to me that the weight doesn't drop off and I wonder what I would weigh if I went back to my old eating habits. But I'm trying not to complain and I hope I've got a weight loss at my WW's WI tomorrow.

Keep on keepin' on-=chime in when you can, and remember how well you've done in the past. Baby steps will get you there. So will lots of water, exercise, journaling and portion control. to us all!
Judy
Old 07-25-2007, 08:32 AM   #24  

Morning all!

Bandit: Very glad to hear from you!

All: I am back from vacation and just trying to get into work today... it is hard and I should have taken an extra day off... we got in late last night and I am very tired.

I will catch up on everything later on... I just need to wake up first.

princess
Old 07-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #25  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Bandit! Were you MIA like me? Well...guess I just have to say "HI"

Things are okay here. I did get some new shoes which has given my little tootsies some much needed relief. They still hurt a little but no where near what the were before.

I really need to work on getting some exercise in. My eating isn't too far out of whack. Even though it is diet soda, I need to cut way back on that. If I don't get my butt in gear, my doctor is not going to be happy with me in October. I need to get some weight off me and my cholesterol in check.

Well not much happening today. It rained last night and early this morning and gave us a much needed break from the 100 degree temps we've been having. Our central air hasn't even kicked on today. Feels good!

Nicole is thinking she needs to get back on the computer so once again...I'm the bad guy. Suppose I'll let her play for a bit and I can work on my laundry and then finish sewing up a baby blanket for me sister. I'm going to be an auntie once again in October. Another baby in the family. Too cool.

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #26  
Chick

Hi Guys,
I'm running out the door to b abysit my dgrandson overnight. In the meantime I'm disappointed that I gained 1.2# this week. I thought I had a good week--I did have a good week. However, I neglected drinking as much water as I needed, I ate saltier foods than I should, and I didn't get to exercise as much as I need to because everyone else was keeping me too busy. Boy--does that sound lame.

I'm glad to see you all chiming in. I'll be in a better mood tomorrow and then I'll chime in again. This can be turned around.. to me.
Judy
234.6/221.2/thinner into onederland
Old 07-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Been doing OK with my eating this week, a few things I didn't need but was still within my points.

Christina - I also need to get back to some form of regular exercise. My friend transferred 4 personal trainer sessions to my acct, so that should be real incentive for me to get back there. But I keep making poor excuses not to go. So that is my goal for next week: for me to go back to gym on my own Mon & Wed night, then book 1 session for following week with trainer.

Hope everyone has great weekend. It is overcast here but I am heading to my trailer shortly and hopefully get in a swim.

Talk later.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #28  
Chick

Bandit and Chrily,
Glad you're both back here and posting. I was able to make a turnaround this weekend and my food is better.
Let's face it--I weigh about 220# and losing 1# or gaining1# will not show up on me at all! It's the continual gaining pounds or losing pounds that makes the difference. So, I've done well for two days and plan on keepin' on keepin' on.
Good luck to us all--drink water, get in exercise, and watch those portions.

Judy
234.6/221.2/thinniner into onederland
Old 07-30-2007, 08:19 AM   #29  

Default Happy Monday!

Sorry that I have been off line so much lately... When I got back from vaca I came down with a nasty case of bronchitis and was home sick since last Wednesday evening... I am back at work today... feeling better but not great yet.

I have to catch up on everyones posts and I will on my lunch break but for now I just wanted to say hello!

Have a happy day!
Princess
Old 07-30-2007, 10:26 PM   #30  
Chick

Hello to Princess,
Sorry you're not feeling well. Here's some chicken soup and
Today was another good day and I'll be babysitting very heavy duty this week so I'll chime in when I can. I got back on the today too.

Hey Ariana, you must be packing up a storm right now. Good luck with your move.
Bandit, how's it going?
And Chrily and all the turtles? Take care be well and keep on drinking that water.
Judy
234.6/221.2/thinner into onederland