Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 09:05 PM   #16  

Carol, how lovely that some of your fellow nurses from the flu clinics will be getting together for dinner occasionally. I love doing things like that. So glad you are all through with the clinics now, do you think you will have some time to put your feet up? I think that being up early in the morning is nice. I love early mornings. The part I don't like is the getting up! Once in a while it is nice, but it's really rare that we get up very early.

Our next door neighbor who is a high school teacher in town, had the idea of creating a "memorial garden" at the school to remember those who died on 9-11. She is a really nice person, and it is typical of her to be doing this. She is always thinking of others.

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone!
Old 12-10-2001, 09:39 PM   #17  

Hi girls! From summer to winter - again! Will someone just wake me up when it's June???? That way I KNOW it will be warm & stay that way for a while! Down in the 40's last night & again tonight with rain starting tomorrow - now that's winter, southeast Texas style. Course, it won's last long - that's ALSO winter, southeast Texas style!

Carol - Nope, my e-mail is the same as always. The pdq.net address is my home computer. I got what you sent. I roared with laughter!!! Started to forward it on to my dd but thought better of it - they have a computer **** force her work & they might not be as amused as I!!! Good luck with your job search. Didn't know you were planning a week in Florida after Christmas. Should certainly be warmer there than where you are now. I got my Mom one of those fiber optic trees this year - and she loves it. It even has little glass ball ornaments permanently attached (which also have the fiber optics in them so they light up too) & the tree looks "decorated" even when its off. Was sure a lot easier for her to put up than her usual one! As you said, just took it out of the box and plugged it in!

Jan - Wow, sounds like a great restaurant you guys found in Mexico! We will definitely have to give it a try the *next time* we go - are you listening, Carol & Janet????????? Maybe we can entice Linda & Joyce along too.

Joyce - So anxious to see your Garden Goddess - sounds like she has inspired an entire army of goddesses! Be sure to post a pic for us when you can. Not sure about that fish - I don't think I could keep one alive. DD & sil have a tank (inherited from his "bachelor days") with a few fish in it. It's a mess to keep clean but those fish just keep on surviving & swimming along!

Linda - Lucky you to be able to sleep in on a regular basis! I am more like Carol - my eyes fly open early even on week-ends. SOMEDAY, when I retire - if I ever retire- , I am going to try to change that habit!

I was thinking of Sara today. The olympic torch came through Houston today on its way to Salt Lake City. It is heading down Jan's way tomorrow I think. Of course, many many people carried it a token distance - but one was a little girl with Cerebrel Palsey who carried it. She was in a walker & ooching along with the flame when she fell down. The glass around the flame broke but it didn't go out. She was crying but she picked herself & the flame back up and managed to get it to the next torch bearer. What stories! I believe Mary Lou Reton will be the final torch bearer as it makes its way to the celebration tonight.

I finally got my parent album selected - but it was sure hard. Of course I also ordered many more others - that's the whole idea, I am sure! But this WILL BE my final wedding expense!!!!! Oh, except for the dried bouquet arrangement, of course. The flowers are being dried and dd needs to go and pick out the sort of arrangement she wants. It's pretty cool. If you want to peek at some, go to www.thefloralportrait.com. Very pretty!

Gotta go - Need to wrap some Christmas packages but I am out of scotch tape!!! Went to three stores on the way home tonight but did I remember to pick any up??? I think you probably know the answer to that!! Have a great Tuesday.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:52 PM   #18  
Inchworm

Default Garden goddess

When I walked into the classroom today, I knew it was not good news. The teacher kept smiling nervously, and not really wanting to talk to me, I finally asked, "did it blow up?", she confessed, "No, it fell over" but it didn't even make it to the kiln! it fell when she moved the rack it was on, the one that she told me to put it on! Que sera` no need crying over broken godesses. Her head is still in one piece and I will do a rescue job, guess I better take a picture at this stage. I am glad I took a photo last week. My plan now is to put this part in a flower pot and plant ivy or some trailing vine type thing to cover her with....meantime, I am making plans for the next one.

dgd injured her hand in a soccer game so I took her to ER last night, big mistake, there were patients hanging out the doors! so we came home and got up early this morning and went back, to have it x-rayed, and find out it was not broken. {A lot fewer patents in the eaarly a.m.} Whew! she was afraid she was out of soccer for the rest of the season, which is not quite begun...she is wearing a brace on her thumb for support.

never a dull moment!
Old 12-11-2001, 10:06 AM   #19  

Hi all:

I'm new to posting on this thread, so I thought I would say hello. Started WW on October 26th and am aggressively trying to keep on the path toward better health and more pounds lost.

It looks like all of you are very supportive of one another.

Thanks,

Michelle
Old 12-13-2001, 08:04 PM   #20  

Default Welcome, Michelle!

Michelle, welcome to our group! We all love having new members. We're usually a lot more active then we have been the past few days. Tell us something about yourself. I see you are from Northern California- we have 2 other Californians in our group- Joyce and Linda.
Carol
Old 12-14-2001, 03:42 PM   #21  
Inchworm

Default Welcome Michelle!

Good to have another Californian aboard.

You are so right, there are some very supportive chicks on this thread.
And Carol is so right, we are not ususally this quiet. must be the holidays. I know I have been awfully busy...and not feeling very well. I got a headache and sore throat, I had a flu shot 3 weeks ago, and so guess this is a diffrent strain. but feeling better each day. Cancelled a short trip to Mother's to save my strength for the big trip to Idaho next week! d-i-l called to see what I wanted to do for Xmas dinner, and if I will be chief cook. I guess she is getting a little nervous about the pending invasion.

I had a good weigh in today...being ill has it's bright points!

Speaking of being busy, I must dash...I have an appt to get a haircut, feeling kind of shaggy.
Still inching along!
Old 12-14-2001, 04:43 PM   #22  

We're well into page 2- I'll start a new thread. Come on over, everyone!
Carol
Closed Thread