Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #16  

I love getting them from the library--much better than spending the money for something you end up not liking. For example, people raved about the Billy Banks Tae Bo--I borrowed it and it was not my style at all. Kathy Smith is someone I like, especially now that she's updated her look and gotten rid of the big 80's hair (LOL).
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:07 AM   #17  

Good morning!

For beginners or if you have a problem area or not much time , I have a series called 10 minute solutions. They are DVD's with 5-6 10 minute segments. They are nice b/c you can pick and choose which segments you wants to play, you can do one or pick a couple or repeat one or two in any order you want. I love the pilates one. I like them b/c I can customize it to fit the amount of time I have. Plus I am a beginner, so they aren't too hard for me.

Today is DD's 4th birthday. She's so exicted. We have to make it through preschool and daycare today then the crazy weekend begins. But, I also had to postpone one of our class trips b/c of rain eariler this month, so now we have two in one week. So we have the crazy weekend, a field trip Monday, a field trip Friday and in between I have to host an open house for next year's preschool program on Thursday! STRESS! But the 24th is the last day of preschool. The rest of the school district gets out on the 1st of June. So there is a week in there where I won't have preschool and the kids are still in regular school. I do the afterschool program at the daycare. So in that week's different I may be able to take time off at the daycare and give a full week to my other job in speech at the NY school. The school hired me b/c they were over 400 sessions behind on speech. We're in the 300 range now. So I am may not even end up having to stay until the end of teh school year. I'll be done with most of the kids in 3-5 weeks, leaving me just a handful. I don't know if they will want to pay me to come in 2 full days and only see kids a few hours. It's not like I can just pull a kid from class all day just to make up his/her speech sessions.

I must say though that while the job sucks, it's b/c of all the messed up stuff left behind by the last lady and I might consider pursuing my master's degree online next year so once my kids are in school I can maybe go back into "real" teaching. I LOVE preschool, but I only get paid $115 a week for three days. For 9 hours a week that isn't bad (especially in an area where most people make min. wage), but I can make ALOT more in the school system or in the IU (special education program)
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #18  

just got back from WW, I lost 1.8 pounds this week, woohoo!! A little closer to my second mini goal!
Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote