Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 01:53 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's #89

Here is Myra's message from page 2 of #88.
------------------------------------------------------

I'm so happy. I lost 3 lbs. this week bringing my total loss to over 30 lbs.

Old 11-15-2001, 01:54 AM   #2  

YAY MYRA!!!!! That is wonderful.
You are doing everything right girl!!!!

Terri
Old 11-15-2001, 04:52 AM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

It felt so good. I was so bummed last week when I gained .4 while being totally OP. Obviously I must have been retaining water or something and that hard work, plus what I did this week, showed up a week late. In any case, it is great to see a large loss. I rarely get those.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:04 AM   #4  

Hi

Myra, that's great! You've come a long way. When did you start? I've been forgetting everything these days. Life after forty

Whew, the end of the week is here so I'll have more time to read & post.

Have a great day

Hi Terri, Jen, Dianne, Janie, Zoe & Ruth.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:09 AM   #5  
Lifetimer

I've been struggling getting back to goal for about four years now, and yo-yoed until May (after reaching an all-time high) when things sort of clicked. So I've lost 30.2 lbs. since May. Hopefully I will finally be back to goal sometime next year. I'm not pressuring myself. As long as I keep going downward I'll be happy.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:52 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra, I'm very happy for you. You've stuck with it after all that time. You give hope to the rest of us who are struggling......not to give up! A big loss like that, which you haven't been having lately, shows you must have worked your butt off the last couple of weeks!!!

This week I've been successful in sticking to 3 meals a day and no snacking. While it's a small step, it's a positive one for me. My next big challenge is to get some type of exercise in each day. I am truly the original couch potato I've got to start at least walking again.

I know that if I didn't check in here each and everyday to read the positive thoughts, cheer on other's successes, and just plain old get support, I'd be way out of control.

have a great day!
~Jen
Old 11-15-2001, 08:01 AM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies!! Just wanted to stop in for a moment to say hello. I've been busy planning my Thanksgiving dinner plus I just have wanted to relax in the evenings. I'll be back to posting soon. Hope you are all doing well.
Old 11-15-2001, 08:52 AM   #8  

Hi everyone,

MYRA, Congratulations!! I'm doing a happy dance for you. That is so wonderaful. I definitely agree with Jenny, you give the rest of us hope!! Especially me, since I'm just starting out again. Keep up the great work, we are here cheering for you.

JENNY, this site is a life saver. Before things "clicked" for me, I still came in here for encouragment. A few nights ago when I had trouble getting to the site, I felt panicky. I thought "oh no" they have taken the site offline. Thank goodness they didn't.

I hope everyone is having a good day, as Es said the weekend is almost here!! Yeah!! I don't have any test next week, that leaves me with a weekend to clean house.

Check in with you ladies later. Studying awaits.

Ruth
Old 11-15-2001, 02:09 PM   #9  

Myra. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You're the best. You have been working so hard you deserve it. I know you and I are about neck and neck weight wise. I am a bit concerned when we pass the 150 mark. At that point we have to reduce our points again. That is going to be a challenge for me. WHat are your thoughts about that?

HI everybody,
Today starts the official holiday party season for me. I am taking spanish class and our Fiesta de Gracias (Festival of Thanks, i.e. Thanksgiving) is a pot luck luncheon today. Tomorrow is Ellen's Birthday, Sat is her party, Next week is the real Thanksgiving, and it's all down hill from there until about the 4th of Jan. What are everone's suggestions regarding parties, holidays and staying OP?

Have a great Day!!

JanieD
Old 11-15-2001, 03:01 PM   #10  

Hi Janie, my first thought for the holidays is "PRAYER"; second pre-plan for every occasion where food is a issue; last, keep coming here!!

Talk to ya'll later, Ruth.
Old 11-15-2001, 04:50 PM   #11  
Lifetimer

I know what you mean, Janie. What I've been trying to do, not so successfully this week I am afraid, is seeing if I can try to keep to 23 points as opposed to the 25 allowed while eating the 20 minimum for our range. I figure then I'll have an easier time when I am forced to do this.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:36 PM   #12  

Hi Buddies,

Ruth, I love what your thought will be "Prayer". It's so important. It gives us hope & so much to be thankful for. Pre-planning & trying to fit some sort of cardio helps alot.

Janie, I plan to enjoy each holiday. After all that's happened, all these tragedies, I'm going to take it one day at a time & treasure every moment with my family. I just may rejoin to keep me in the right track. There's just something about that weigh-in each week. Happy Birthday to Ellen

Zoe, happy to hear you're getting some time to relax.

Jen, do you have a treadmill? I've been going to the gym with Pete 4 days a week. When I'm home I do Taebo. Keeps me sane

Hi Dianne & Terri

Love,
Essie
Old 11-15-2001, 10:06 PM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es, no I don't have a treadmill. I was just about to purchase one when I heard that quite a few people experience heel pain from using them. I've been through cortisone injections in my heels due to severe heel pain when I was on my feet 60 hours a week. Those injections were very painful! It's a condition that can re-occur very quickly, so that really scared me out of getting one. do you have one, or anyone who reads this? And if so, have you experienced any difficulties? I'm still considering it, but hate to spend the money if it sits unused.

hi to everyone.....Terri, Dianne, Myra, Janie, Joyce (where are you?), Patti/Zoe, Ruth

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 11-15-2001 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2001, 02:34 AM   #14  

Hi all!
Lots of posts today. YAY!!!

Enjoy your Holiday parties. Sounds like fun. Tell Ellen Happy Birthday for me. I love when the kids have birthdays.

Well, I won't be on for a few days (Unless I sneak on the laptop)
We are going to N. Carolina for Brandon's game. It is an 8 hour drive so I better get to bed. TTYL,

Terri
Old 11-16-2001, 07:07 AM   #15  

Angry

Terri, have fun! We'll miss you.

Jen, I had a treadmill & I loved it. I had the Pro Form from Sears. I had to get rid of it cause when I bought new furniture I didn't have the room for it. Me personally, I think it's a great investment & very convenient. If you keep it at a low incline I don't see why it would harm your heels but I don't really know anything about that Do some research before you buy it.

Have a great day

Love,
Es
Closed Thread