Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 03:52 PM   #16  

Hey Janie - don't worry about the confusion - it happens to all of us as Jen said, I constantly have to go back and check who said what. We are such busy little beavers, its hard to keep track

Oh, God, I hope nothing bad happens at tonight's game, but you are right, I was'nt thinking about GW being there at all. I don't think we could take another hit like the last one, its too horrible to even think about. Let's all hope and pray that it goes off without a hitch and that the yankees win too

Terri - I've got to try the healthy choice clam chowder for 1 pt. - I loveeeeeeeeee clam chowder, the New England one that is. I like soup in the cold weather and if it 1-3 pts. it will fit in really good with my work supplies, Work is the hardest for me - if I don't bring stuff in, I'll eat just about anything and then not have any points left for dinner. So, if anyone has any other low point lunch ideas, please let me know.
Thanks!

Hi Es, Joyce, Zoe/Patti and Myra. Have a great night everyone!

Jen, this one's for you.........

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-30-2001, 03:54 PM   #17  

AIN'T HE CUTE?

BYE-BYE, Y'ALL
Old 10-30-2001, 08:51 PM   #18  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Ladies, hope you're all doing well. I've once again become stressed to the max at work. Sometimes I just don't know which end is up and which way to turn. I know that you wll remember that I had to cancel my Vegas vacation (my sister's wedding) due to work and the guy I work with being out with back problems....well, I finally got over it (I'm sure y'all are glad too so I could stop complaining........) Well, now that I've rescheduled my vacation to next week (just a road trip through OK, AR, LA and back to TX), this guy was out again today, starting with the same BS (Sorry Lord, I never talk like that) and I am telling ya, I'm a little annoyed right now to think that he'll do it to me again. I feel like I am a 'one man show' at work and even though my boss is sympathetic, I am frazzled. I feel like everyone is either out sick one day or another but me, I can't be sick, can't be late and can't have a day off because I can't be sure that anyone else will show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, there, I vented once more and I apologize to all of you for having to listen again. I really do appreciate you's guys for being my friends. Thank you all ~

Jen ~ thanks for the compliment on Chris. He and Molly make a cute couple. They really do look better than that but I caught them at their worse.....so they say. Ha! He's 21 and she's 18. So glad to hear that your aunt is doing and feeling better.

Janie ~ thank you too.....and I did tell you what a wonderful looking family y'all make, right?? Great pic!

Dianne ~ daughter-in-law? Hmmmm, I dunno. They just celebrated 2 yrs on 10/23 and I know they 'discuss' it but I don't know. She is in her 2nd year of college and that is very important to her and her family. Both her parents are English prof's at the University of Texas....(she goes there but not the the same campus) but who knows....would I love to have her? You bet!! She's a sweetheart.

Es ~ I really wanna see that movie, now that you are giving it the "thumbs up", I'll surely go.

Hi Terri, Myra and Joyce. Hope you're all well.

Sorry again for venting so much. Greg is out of town AGAIN and here I am alone......<sigh> This is getting tiring now.

Love you all,
Me <><

Last edited by Zoe; 10-30-2001 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2001, 10:12 PM   #19  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe, sorry to hear your vacations plans have been sabotaged once again. You really need this vacation....I hope you can get some much deserved r & r.

Dianne, I loved the football guy...and in my colors! lol...thanks

Janie, I just returned home from my meetings, didn't hear of anything happening at the game this evening, so I assume everything's all right. Thank God. It's going to take some getting used to , living like this. We've been very lucky that we haven't had to this far. When I sign off I've got to check what the Yankees are doing....winning I hope!

Hi to everyone....hope this black and orange post looks Halloweenish!

~Jen
Old 10-31-2001, 05:07 AM   #20  

Angry

Hi Buddies,

Sorry I haven't been able to get in here the past few days but it's been quite busy around here. Not a stressful busy just busy.

Zoe, I'm so sorry about your vacation. You have every right to be upset. I would be too! Hope this guy has a speedy recovery already!

Jen, so glad to hear Aunt Ginny is okay. She's very precious to you & I think that is so sweet. I use to have a favorite uncle but he died when I was in my 20's. The sad part is that he died in jail. He was always in & out but I loved him so much it didn't matter to me.

I have to get ready for work. I'll be back late this evening.

Hi Terri, JanieD, Twin Dianne, Myra & Joyce.

Have a safe & Happy Halloween

Hugs,
Es
Old 10-31-2001, 05:49 AM   #21  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Interesting little factoid. Today is the first time in over 46 years that there was a full moon on Halloween. Happy Halloween, everyone. Stay away from that candy, LOL! I have a little help in that regard. I WI at 5:00 PM. But my real problem is when the candy hangs out after that. I've given my DH and son strict instructions that they have to either hide it or get it out of the house as of tomorrow. Let's see if it works.
Old 10-31-2001, 09:28 AM   #22  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear of your vacation plans Zoe. You have every right to be upset. My fingers are crossed for you!! You deserve it.

I was scared during the game too. I hate this looking over the shoulder crap. Those d*** terrorists have done a job on us.
I am trying to make this as normal a Halloween as ever.
My boys have parties today. One is a pizza party and the other is a cupcake/candy party. So I have lots of challenges ahead of me today. Wish me luck!

Myra,
Good luck tonight. Maybe that full moon will have an affect on us to not want candy. RIGHT!!!!!

I put the candy my mom sent in a tupperware and put a lid on it.
I had a few points left last night so I took out 2 pieces and counted the points. It is ready to be passed out.
Brittany (She is hoping people give her candy. She is going as the big sister) and I are only taking the boys to houses that we know the people.

Have a good Halloween guys!!!

Terri
Old 10-31-2001, 10:07 AM   #23  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN MY FRIENDS:

Hope you all have a good one -- I'm not sure if we'll get any kids trick-o-treatin' tonight because of all that's been going on. I guess if I were a parent I would probably not let my child go out tonight, but then again, that's what Mr. Osamba Bin Laden wants, isn't it? Hard call to make and sad, very sad. I bought some candy, just in case, and if no one shows up, I'll bring it to work tomorrow and give it to one of the students here at the university - let them get fat

Zoe/Patti - I'm really sorry about your vacation plans being messed up again - that bites! Unfortunately, I guess you can't ask the man when he thinks he'll get better I hope it works out after all.

Es - my twin! Glad to hear your busy but not stressful busy --there's enough stress going around that's for sure!

Janie - How about "your's, mine and ours" yanks??? Are they amazing or what? That was a really good game last night. I think we lucked out with all the errors the Diamond guys made. I especially liked the one where 4 guys were going after 1 little ball at home plate, but I didn't like that it was called a foul and they took our run back - no fair! I also like it when the 2 guys went for the fly ball and knocked into each other Guess they really helped our cause.

Hey Jen - Glad you liked my football fella - I thought he was a cutie. How's aunt ginny doing? Are you grandson's going trick-o-treatin'?

And Terri, hi - how about your kids are they going trick-o-treatin'. Everyone check that candy really well if they do go.

Hi Myra - good luck on your WI. Hi Joyce, how are ya?

Well, let me get back to work. I'll check in later. Have a good and safe one everyone - and don't go to the mall today!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-31-2001, 10:41 AM   #24  

Dianne,
Yes they are going. We know so many people in this subdivision. We are just going to go to people we know.
Every household has a child that is either in their class or on their soccer team or football team or a past (4 yrs. worth) baseball team. It is a very close knit neighborhood.

Have a good one everybody!
Terri
Old 10-31-2001, 12:15 PM   #25  

HI gals, Well I WI this morning and to my astonishment I did not gain, I stayed the same. The World Series is not condusive to staying OP. Steve has convinced Ellen that you can't watch a ball game without eating cracker jacks. WHo know's maybe its true. I can't seem to watch a game without eating cracker jacks.

Go Yankees, and thank the Lord my fear was for nothing. We have those Diamond Backs right where we want them

Good luck on your WI tonight Myra,

Happy Halloween,
JanieD
Old 10-31-2001, 02:13 PM   #26  

Hi ladies,

I have a question for all of you. I have noticed since the time change that I am considerably more hungry than I was before. I might also point out that here in CA fall came in about the same time. Up until this weekend we were enjoying a fantastic indian summer. Is the added appitite due to the cooler weather, the time change, or am I just trying to rationalize? Any help in curbing this monster would be greatly appreciated.

jd
Old 10-31-2001, 02:21 PM   #27  
Lifetimer

Janie, congrats on the maintain. I've been feeling fighting the same munchie monster. I don't know what it is.
Old 10-31-2001, 05:39 PM   #28  

JanieD,
I get that at certain times too. I think of cooler weather as a comfort weather and I have to change my mindset. If anyone knows the reason... share!!!!

Well, I went to 2 parties today and didn't eat anything. They had pizza, cupcakes, chips and candy and I didn't eat a thing. YAY!
I took water. Tonight I am going to wait until the kids settle down and I am going to have a few points in the way of my favorite candy. I want to enjoy and really think about what I am eating. I want a few certain ones. So far today I had 10 points and I will take it to the max tonight but not more than that and I think I will be satisfied.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!
Terri
Old 10-31-2001, 06:05 PM   #29  

Angry

Hi

Good for you Terri. I wish they had a thumbs up icon that I can send you. Way to go I guess this is why you've been so successful. You plan ahead.

Janie, that's the story of my life. I'm always hungry! I have small meals throughout the day but it doesn't help I wish I had some good advice but it seems we're going thru the same thing. Staying the same is good news.

Myra, how was your weighin? So that darn munchie monster is bothering you too

Dianne, it's 5:55 pm & I already ran out of candy!! They started really early here!! I made 45 bags thinking that no one was going to show up & now I feel bad that I ran out so early but I am happy I don't have anymore chocolate in the house.

Okay my buddies, have a good evening.

Till tomorrow
Old 10-31-2001, 06:24 PM   #30  
Lifetimer

WI went well. Lost .8 despite the munchie monster. Been able to hold him off so far. I hope I don't cave in.
Closed Thread