Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 08:06 AM   #16  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Are you ready??????? for Holloween, kids and CANDY????!!!!
Heh-heh

I haven't got my candy yet but will today. Li'l Billy is a Vampire and Jackie STILL doesn't know what she wants to be. It's a choice of about a thousand different ideas. One of her friends is an OOPA-LOOMPA from "Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory". Anybody remember THAT one?? LOL....and the other friend is going as HOOTERS girl. Uh-hum. Hey....I'M not her mother.

Anyway, I figured that if I didn't have the candy in the house....then I wouldn't be attaching it while noone was around. I've been going MUCH better on my water intake and have NOT been waking up at 2am and eating cookies and milk for two days now. I've been getting my exercise at the stables. Doing MORE work by putting down rubber mats for the washing area and LOTS AND LOTS of sand (using the bobcat...NOT my back) to put into the four remaining stalls we have for the new boarders we're getting before they put down their shavings and to get the ground nice and level. Sand is a great "drain" base for whatever the shavings don't get.
Here's a picture of Lars. Hope you all have a great day.
Hugs,
Old 10-30-2001, 08:58 AM   #17  
I'm on my way!

Default Gooood Morning!!

Where are you all.....PJ is lonely again! PJ thanks for keeping this thread going...even though I don't get to post much from work I still lurk and read!

I got to weigh in on Sunday and lost 4 more pounds. I'm down 25 lbs and 2 sizes since I rejoined WW! Yipeeeee....I can't wait to get back into my size 14 jeans...it won't be long now!!

I didn't get to the gym yesterday...John got home too late so I am going to aim for WEdnesday. I know the weight comes off faster when I exercise! I am motivated and armed with my bottle of water this morning! I just had those chocolate muffins (at 1 1/2 points) each with coffee and non fat creamer! So...I am set for now! I do have a banana incase I get hungry before lunch! WHich is usually a given!

Brenda....its taken me time getting over this accident...it was my first ever! Hopefully I will get my car back on thursday or friday! I am tired of driving the truck...its a 4x4 and shifts like a mac!!

Candice hope you are feeling better soon! We need you here!!

Hi to Ally, Tara, Setina....and everyone else...come out and play today!!

Michelle
PJ nice horse!!

OK you all...
Old 10-30-2001, 12:26 PM   #18  
SLF

Just a quick note while I'm here at the library.

Just had my weekly weight watchers meeting. I've lost 2.4 lbs this week for a total of 11.2. So far, so good! I haven't even been tempted by the halloween candy that is waiting for all of the kids.

I'm sure hoping the weather is nice tomorrow for all of the trick or treaters. Emily is going as a princess and Darren is a werewolf. I hand out the candy while Wayne takes them out trick or treating. The told me to expect about 250 kids. We'll see what we get tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to check out a few books, but wanted to drop in real quick and see who's been checking in.

Hi to Michelle, PJ, Ally, Tara, Brenda, Candice, and anyone else I may have missed. Hope everyone is doing well and is able to put off the temptations of the candy. Have a good week.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:58 PM   #19  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hi Susan and Michele - Just got back from the Middle School next door. I was passing by and saw an ambulance....then a firetruck pull onto the track field. Since my daughter had just finished her gym class...I freaked and just had to make sure it wasn't her. Thank God, it wasn't but I'm saying prayers for the mother of the boy. He ran into one of those huge cement poles that hold the lights up. Got a concusion and was airlifted by helicopter to Martin Memorial Hospital. Must have been a bit more than a concussion for him to be airlifted. I found out who it was and it's one of my daughters friends. Hope she deals well with it and I hope he turns out ok. Keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer, ligth a candle. Whatever it is that you all do during "times like these"....please do it for this boy and his family. Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and ask you all to do this for this boy. Thanks.
And Congrats on the great loss Susan! Great job!!!!!!
Love ya......I'll try to give you a ring tonight after 9????
Old 10-31-2001, 12:21 PM   #20  
I'm on my way!

Default WAAAAAAAAAAKE UP!!!!!!!!

Where is everyone???????????

PJ where are you??????

Tara, Candice, Judy everyone come out of hiding!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2001, 12:29 PM   #21  
Is is spring yet??

Hi ladies!!

Happy Halloween!!

Any game plans for the halloween candy? I bought stuff I won't be tempted with. I love candy - but if its not chocolate I am not crazed about it!! I have skittles and starburst. No problems here!

PJ - Thanks again for your talk last nite and your emails

Michelle - You are doing so well losing - keep up the good work!! Did you get your home PC fixed yet?

Hi to everyone else - we are in the midst of our United Way campaign here and I have a meeting (I am on the committee). Busy busy!!

Have a great day! Don't eat too much candy!

Tara
Old 10-31-2001, 08:43 PM   #22  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

HAPPY HOLLOWEEN EVERYBODY!!!!!!

Last edited by PJ; 10-31-2001 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2001, 01:04 AM   #23  

Before you eat the candy check here

HALLOWEEN CANDY POINTS
Almond Joy 2 snack size bars 4 points
Baby Ruth 2 fun size bars 4
Bit O Honey 6 pieces 4
Butterfinger 2 fun size bars 4
Candy corn 26 pieces 3
Caramello 2 snack size bars 4
Double Bubble Gum 2 pieces 1
Fifth Avenue 2 pieces 4
Heath Bar 5 snack size bars 6
Hershey Bar (plain) 2 snack size bars 5
Hershey Bar (w/ almonds) 2 snack size bars 5
Hershey Kisses 8 kisses 5
Hot Tamales 1 box 1
Kit Kat 3 (2pc) snack bars 6
Lifesavers 4 candies 1
M&M plain 1 fun size pack 2
M&M peanut 1 fun size pack 2
Mars 2 fun size bars 4
Mike & Ikes 1 snack package 1
Milk Duds 4 fun size boxes 4
Milky Way 2 fun size bars 4
Milky Way Lite miniatures 5 pieces 3
Mounds 2 snack size bars 4
Nestle's Crunch 4 fun size bars 5
O' Henry 2 fun size bars 5
Pumpkin Pop 1 sucker 1
Raisisettes 3 snack size boxes 4
Reese's Crunch Cookie Cups 2 snack size 4
Reese's Miniature PB Cups 5 pieces 5
Snicker 2 fun size bars 4
Starbursts 8 pieces 4
Sugar Babies 2 snack size pouches 4
3 Muskateer 2 fun size bars 3
Tootsie Roll Midgees 12 pieces 3
Tootsie Roll 2 snack bars 2
Twix 1 snack size bar 2
Whoppers Malted Milk Balls 2 snack size pouches 5
York Peppermint Patties 3 patties 3
Old 11-01-2001, 08:42 AM   #24  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Gee, thanks Candice. Now I can go sit in the corner and sulk all day seeing as how I had just about everything on your list.......
Seriously, thanks. The list really helps and NO....I didn't really eat all of that.
I'm about to make a small photo album of Billy's vampire costume. He didn't look like my blonde spikey haired, blue eyed son AT ALL. NOT ONE OF MY NEIGHBORS RECOGNIZED HIM...it was hysterical. I covered his face with black first, then my white powder eye shower with a BLUSH BRUSH...LOL.....and you'll see the rest of the BLACK FACE CREME that was totally washable that I put in his hair after slicking in back with SUPER GEL. Heh-heh. Be back in a few......
Hugs,
Old 11-01-2001, 10:17 AM   #25  
Is is spring yet??

Hi ladies!

I had a good nite last nite - NO CANDY FOR ME! I only bought the stuff I didn't care about and brought the leftovers here for the candy "fiends" in my office. I am just not tempted by candy - but chocolate - that is DANGEROUS! I didn't even have a piece yesterday

Gotta run work is super busy! Have a good day - its November 1st - the start of the Holiday Season! Are you all ready?? LOL

Tara

Last edited by Tara; 11-01-2001 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-01-2001, 11:12 AM   #26  
I'm on my way!

Default I am ready and roaring to goooo.....

Its a new month and I am staying focused! I already started some Christmas shopping and even started wrapping a couple of things!! I want to be prepared this year...since having the baby last year I am so disorganized! I have been searching candy and cookie recipes to make up my baskets and I am ready to start writing out my Christmas cards!! All well and good but by mid-december I probably won't have half done that needs to be!!

I am proud to say I only ate one little bitty box of dots! I think its only 1 point! But I counted it! I just need to get back to the gym. Hopefully John will be home early from work tomorrow and I can go after work!

Well I need to get stuff done today since I will be at a class tomorrow for most of the day...

Have a wonderful OP day!! Michelle
Old 11-01-2001, 07:23 PM   #27  
Happy Member

HAPPY NOVEMBER EVERYONE!

Hi!

It's amazing what a coat of paint does to a room!! Hubby and I started painting my kitchen/dining area my favorite YELLOW today and it looks SOOOO good!! I'm so excited! We also have been busy putting up faux wood blinds in our family room and the difference there is amazing too! Certainly brightens up the room not having big ol' curtains hanging there. I just have to choose valances to put on top and it will be extra fabulous. It's definitely true what they say about painting though (we haven't done it in a while) that the most work is the damn preparation. UGH!! Since it's the kitchen, I extra-cleaned the walls in case of grease or food splatters, etc and dusted them. Blech! Then of course the taping off, etc. The EASY part is the painting. The former owners of our house painted EVERYTHING with a flat paint that is not child/pet/clutz friendly. Yucko! We've been here for 3 years now and I've always wanted to paint my kitchen and we kept pushing it off for other stuff. Well, we've been off this week, hubby and me, and I've put my foot down and dammit, we've finally done some of things we put off!! Yeah!

I haven't even been out to the barn! Yikes! My butt is gonna go there tomorrow afternoon if we ever finish painting. I was supposed to join a group lesson tonight, perhaps on a different horse other than my ol' buddy Irish, but I was still covered in paint and couldn't go. Phooey! Oh, well, I'm still glad the painting is getting done. Since we have been home from work and have been doing lots of family things, plus trick-or-treat! I've been eating not-so-well. Not horrible (I think?) but not totally OP either. We'll see.....gotta take my lumps and weigh in anyway.....but maybe next week. Hee-hee!

I have to go for now.....there's a couple of boys here who MUST get in the tub now! Talk to ya soon!

Ally,
Happier homeowner
Old 11-03-2001, 06:34 PM   #28  

Hi Owls,

Anyone want to re-comitt to ww or whatever program they are following? We haven't had an owl re-comittment for awhile and I think It is time. I know I could sure use it. I am going to start a re-comittment thread as soon as I am done here. Hope others will join me and maybe even some of the lost owls will come out of hiding.

I have been off program ever since I went to disney and have gained about 4#'s, I feel awful and am going to do my best to turn it back around.

Ally, sounds like you are real busy. Yes it is amazing what a new coat of paint can do both for your house and emotional well being. Hope you are enjoying the new look.

Michelle, congratulations on just eating those dots. I have eaten tons of candy since halloween. I think I finally got it out of my system though.

Tara, sounds like you made some good choices with the candy you bought, my problem was with the candy the girls brought home, reeces, snickers, milky ways, you know the good stuff. I definitely overindulged.

Pj, it is so fun when the kids get their costumes and make-up on, what a hoot. I just love it. One of the nicer things about having little ones.

Candice, thanks for sharing that list. It was a real eye opener for me, boy have I eaten some points. Yikes!!

Susan, you are doing soooooooooo good, keep up the good work.

Okay everyone, I am off to re-committ!!

Brenda
Old 11-04-2001, 03:55 AM   #29  

I'm down another pound and that would be 4 under goal!

Glad you gals are gonna re-commit..I feel so much better when I eat well!!!!!!!!!! I did have some candy (2pts) but I keep the snack size in the freezer all the time for a quick treat when I have the points and it does not get eaten if there are no points!

Have you all tried the new Kashi Go Lean Crunch!!! It is wonderful..3pts for a cup but it is well worth it!! Yummmmy!!!!

One more week of therapy and then back to the doc!
Old 11-04-2001, 11:38 AM   #30  
Getting back on track!

Hi Everyone!

Remember me? Sorry I have been AWOL so long. I was just checking in.

Hope everyone that was in an accident is ok and all those sick or with sick loved ones are doing well.

It was nice lurking back and seeing my name a few times. I never foget you guys but just have not been in the mood to post lately.

My workload is better so the stress issue is a lot better. I am trying to find a new combination to help my migraines. I still get them really bad. The last one they gave me another steroid and I think I was allergic to it and I ended up at the hospital the week before last with chest pains but after all the tests the heart seemed to be ok.

I finally had 2 decent days, Saturday and Sunday, but Sunday afternoon me and the hubby decided to go to lunch and someone rear ended us. We were sitting still waiting for someone to turn and this guy hit us going about 40 mph. It bent my bumper up under the truck and pinned my license plate to my spare tire under the truck and demolished the tailgate and bedliner. The impact was so hard that when we "landed" LOL, our seats were in the recline position and my seat is broken as well as my armrest. I was driving and looked up in the mirror right as he was hitting us so I tensed up making things worse. We both have whiplash and back strain so needless to say that has not helped the headaches. We are up close to 3 thousand dollars damage to my truck. Thank goodness he had insurance. He was 19 and terrified. It was his first accident. He asked if I was mad at him and I told him no, as long as he had insurance and that he needed to be more careful in the future. If he had tried to go off the road it would have killed him (ditch or phone pole) so I had rather he hit us and everyone be alive. I even took him to his family's house because his blazer was not driveable. It was one of those big ole blazer's and I think it will have to go to the blazer graveyard after the wreck.
WW is pretty non existent for me know. I gained almost everything back and havent lost even though I rejoined and tried. I know it's all the medications. I have all my meds ready to take the the neurologist this Tuesday and I am going to find out what I was taking back when I was loosing so good. I figure now that I dont have the stress from work, maybe that medication will work for me and I can lose weight again.
I better run, my back is burning right down the middle so I try to walk it out and put some ice on it. I will try to do better at checking in and hope to be back on a regular basis soon. Please feel free to email me anytime
[email protected]

Love to all!

Setina-the long lost owl who needs a bubble, my new nickname is the "crash test dummy"

Last edited by Watermelon; 11-04-2001 at 09:18 PM.
Closed Thread