View Poll Results: What is your most commonly used form of exercise?
Walking 7 41.18%
Jogging 3 17.65%
Pilates, Yoga, etc. 0 0%
Lifting weights 1 5.88%
Aerobics 1 5.88%
A combo of whatever burns calories 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 11:00 PM   #16  
Canadian Chick

Hi gals,

Sounds like everyone is having as a crappya day as I am. Hope tomorrow is way better! My favorite regular client cancelled on me today because a friend of hers told her that massage therapy can spread cancer around the body and so now she's freaked because what if she had cancer and didn't know it? They don't know for sure if Massage can spread cancer around-they have theories about it but haven't been able to prove it or to make any sort of link. I told her all of this but she is still freaking. I don't know what else to do. How can I get it through to her that there is like zero risk?? And then another one of my favorite clients cancelled because he felt sick ever since our treatment last week and he doesn't know if it was from the massage or something else. I tried to explain to him that sometimes when your body is doing battle with some kind of bug massage can help to bring it on and then helpyou to get over it faster. I tired to explain to him that if he had another massage this sick feeling he's experienceing will probably go away. It was like he just wasn't hearing me. It is very frustrating because I want to help these people and I don't know how to clarify things any better! Its so frustrating. And I'm afraid that they are going to go around and tell people these things when they aren't explaining the whole picture and then other people will get the wrong idea and then my whole practice will go to crap. Argh! Then I got an email from the people I did my proposal for and they said that they want to discuss a few things before accepting it but that they will do the trial period. I'm thinking-isn't that sort of a contradiction. Make up your freakin minds already!! Sorry guys-just doing a little venting here. Hopefully everything will be better tomorrow. Please let tomorrow be a better day for all of us. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts. Take care.

Rina
Closed Thread