Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 04:38 PM   #1  

Smile Fabulous Forties #79

Here's Jen's post from page 2.

Janie, congratulations on the loss and upon entering the 150's! I can identify with your dishwasher situation...we've been replacing all the appliances in the last year or so, and that's the last we have to get. I never run it if I'm not at home. Better safe than sorry!

to everyone!
~Jen

Jenny523 has attached this image:

Sorry Jen I tried to copy & paste but your attachment didn't come out.

Hello My Buds,

There went that page 2 again! I'm getting like Terri

On my way to see the twins for their birthday.

See ya's later

Love,
Essie

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 10-10-2001 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2001, 07:52 PM   #2  

Talking

Hi Everybody

Myra, good luck on your weigh-in. You're doing great.

Welcome to our new member. I apologize for not remembering your name. I would have to go back to thread #78. I just got home from visiting 5 talkative kids, 13, 11, 7, & 4 yr. old twins. (nieces & nephews) I don't have small children so it makes me a little nuts I'm 47 yrs. old & been on WW forever. Unfortunately I haven't been successful as the rest of the group but it's been my own fault. I'll keep trying till I get it right. The girls here have been very supportive.

Hope you stick with us

Essie

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 10-10-2001 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:37 PM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Just back from my WI. I lost, but not much. Only .2 lb. but considering the kind of week I had that wasn't that bad.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:39 PM   #4  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is mine from page 2.
---------------------------------------
Janie,
CONGRATS!!!!! That is wonderful!

Welcome Bouphy.
My name is Terri and I am 42 and have 3 kids (15, 10 & 8). I am a lifetime member and I started back last year at 195 and am now down to 139. I have 4 more to go to goal. I love this group. These ladies are so sweet and inspirational.
About the question you asked, I feel that my kids get enough of the required fat in the other foods they eat. I was told by our pediatrition that skim milk after the age of 2 is fine for kids. they do not need all that fat from the milk. As far as the margerine and things I use the low fat not fat free. They eat yogurt, puddings etc... to get their fat in. I think it is fine to have low fat meals. I have been doing it with my kids for a long time.
I don't know if I helped or not. Hope to hear more from you.

Good luck Myra!

Terri

YAY JanieD.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:17 AM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra, .2 is more than I've lost in a couple of weeks. Good for you, you keep on plugging away week after week.

Terri, I've got to agree with you.....having the kids on a low-fat menu won't hurt them. Too many people eliminate all fat from their diets and end up worse off than when they began. We all know that this can't be a program of extremes. We have to include some fats in our daily food intake....too many problems if we don't. Obviously you're doing something right with your kids, judging by the losses you post each Saturday !!

Essie! Thanks for pasting my message!

Hi to everyone.......Joyce, where are you?
I know some of us have each other's email address. Would any of you be interested in circulating an email address list between the people on this site?

see you tomorrow!
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 10-11-2001 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:36 AM   #6  

Thumbs down

Hello Ladies,

I'm getting ready for work but figured I'd pop in to say hi.

Myra, like I always say, a loss is a loss. You've been doing so well. I'm proud of you

Jen, we're hangin in there. Soon we'll be able to post our losses. We have to hang tough.

Terri, you must have posted right after I started the other thread. I didn't see your message or I would have copied & pasted yours too.

Have a great day everybody

This was me when I couldn't get the animations on here!

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 10-11-2001 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:44 AM   #7  

Myra.
WONDERFUL! You will get it next week. I know how disappointing that is. Hang in there.

Jen,
My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks for the wonderful words.

Essie,
Cute one!! I stole it. Love it!
I knew you wouldn't leave me out but I sure checked out the time between our posts. J/K

TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-11-2001, 08:46 AM   #8  
Lifetimer

Old 10-11-2001, 12:34 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies,
Thank you all for the supportive congrats. Your the Best!!! BTW my email is [email protected]

Myra,
Congrats on the .2. Every little bit counts! You know what they say about how to eat an elephant...one bite at a time. The same goes for how to loose our personal elephants.

Bouphy,
Interesting login name, You will have to explain! Welcome. As you have probably figured out these ladies are very supportive and we talk about everything under the sun. I am 43 and have an 8 yr old daughter Ellen and a DH Steve of 16 years.
We live in the SF Bay area and orginally came from the NY area. I am a third generation NY Yankees fan and was quite disappointed with last night's game. Oh well we we're just warming up.

Jen,
Don't give up you can do it. This is a lifestyle and every day is a new start!!

Mom4, Kolika,
Where are you? Don't be shy. I just joined this group in July and I have never regretted it. It takes a little while to feel totally comfortable but the only way is to jump in and get wet.

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 10-11-2001, 08:06 PM   #10  

Angry

Hi

Bouphy, now I got it!! I love it here & I'm sure you will too.

JanieD, my whole family are Yankee Fans. My husband & my nephew are really FANS!!!

Terri, your attachment is really cute!!!!! I had to steal it

Myra, how's the car? Are you still taking the HTP's? How many miligrams?

Well ladies, till tomorrow.

Hugs,
Es
Old 10-11-2001, 09:33 PM   #11  
Lifetimer

It was just the starter, thank God. But with the tow and diagnostics and labor, etc, it was still $500 we didn't count on.

Yep. Still on HTP. 50 mg three times a day. I'm afraid to stop.
Old 10-12-2001, 07:50 AM   #12  

Angry

Hi all

Myra, repairs are just sooooo expensive!! Pete has to check out his car this weekend. I'm afraid of what it's going to cost. In the mornings it takes a while to start up so something is definitely wrong. It just started doing this the other day.

The first bottle I bought useto say 3x/day & the one I bought recently says 1x/day. Same milligrams. I think I'll go back to 3 times.

Have a nice day Ladies!

Love,
Es
Old 10-12-2001, 08:05 AM   #13  
Lifetimer

The article I read said three times a day starting at 50 mg a dose upping it to 100 mg per dose if you need it.
Old 10-12-2001, 08:55 AM   #14  

Go Yanks! I love em' too. My dad has been a fan all of his life.
Although I love the Pittsburgh Pirates more, especially when they are good.
When the Pirates beat the Yankees in the 1960 World Series (The guy who hit the winning homerun, Mazeroski, lives in the next town by my hometown) my mom was in the garage of their house singing "The Buccos Are Going All The Way" and when my dad came home the only reason he didn't run her down was because she was holding me. I was one year old.
She found out 20 yrs. later he also lost $1000 on that game. She said "You should have hit me."
GO YANKEES!

I am glad the car was fixable. I hate repair bills. Bruce does as much as he can, thank goodness he worked in a Mechanics garage before college. He can do some stuff but not others.

Hi everybody.
Terri - That is Bill Mazeroski
Old 10-12-2001, 09:10 AM   #15  
Lifetimer

Ken does a lot of car repairs too, but with the new cars it is hard. You can't even put in a starter without hooking it up to a machine. They have you coming and going.
Closed Thread