Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 01:06 PM   #16  

Hi Ladies,
I am deeply depressed my guys lost again last night. We went out to a sports bar had dinner and a beer to watch the game. I have to say except for the beer I did well. I only ate half of everything and put the rest in a box to take home.
I am not sure if I remained in my points range but I know it was very close. I don't know what I am going to do for the rest of October if the yankees are not in the playoffs. For the past 5 years this has been my October entertainment. I will have to do things like clean the house or something

HOpe everyone has a safe weekend.

Hugs,
Janie
Old 10-12-2001, 05:21 PM   #17  

Angry

JanieD, everybody says my son looks like Derek Jeter. There's a commercial where he's sitting by a computer & he looks just like my David. Great picture of Jeter. We're planning to take a picture with his digital camera so you guys could see what I look like. FINALLY!!!
You seem to have self control. I think it's very hard when your hanging out, having a good time, to think about points. Back to the Yankees - Pete gets so upset when they lose. He doesn't even want to talk about it.

Terri, luckily your Mom found out 20 yrs. later about the money your Dad lost.

Myra, do you drive? I started driving late in life. Since I use to live in the Bronx I didn't need a car. When I moved to Long Island I had to learn. I really didn't have a choice. It was either that or depending on people which I hate to do.

Where's Zoe these days? Kolika, Mom4 Joyce? Come on Guys, we miss you

Luv,
Essie
Old 10-12-2001, 05:33 PM   #18  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Oh, I definitely drive. I've driven since college. Can't get anywhere the places I've lived without it. The problem is that both Ken and I need our own cars and when one is down it is a real problem. He goes out in the field a lot so he needs his car through the day, not just to get to and from work. I also need to have access to my car throughout the day. I wish I lived somewhere where there was good mass transportation and we weren't so dependent on cars.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:08 PM   #19  

Essie,
Your David must have all the girls after him. I think Derek is a cutie, but actually I like Tino Martinez better

Regarding self control: The trick is to ask for the box at the beginning of the meal and put half of the food in before you start to eat. Then you only have half the food on your plate.

See ya soon,

JanieD

Last edited by JanieD; 10-12-2001 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:16 PM   #20  

Hello yankee fans!

OMG, janie I'm with you, don't know if I'll watch the series or not without my yanks! Great picture of Jeter, cutey-pie. congrats on your loss, BTW.

Es- If your son looks like Jeter, OMG -- he must have girls knocking down his door I love your computer cartoon. I do that a lot in real life, bang my head against the computer

Congrats to you to Myra, like es says, a loss is a loss, is a loss. You are doing great.

Hi Terri, Jen, Zoe, Bouphy (welcome!), joyce, Kolika, Momof4, and everyone else who's lurking - come join us

Well, I'm waiting for Willie to get home from work, he's taking me for dinner (yum). I think I'm gonna have shrimp scampi. Hope you guys have a great evening. Talk to yous soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-12-2001, 06:23 PM   #21  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Joe used to do all the work on our cars. In the last couple of years he's changed to having the work done at the dealer's. The manufacturers have made so many technological advances that it's simply the best way to go now. I for one am glad he's not under the car anymore!

Es, if David looks like that.....whoooeee!

Terri, too funny about your Dad and the bet. I love hearing about "the truth" finally come out after all those years. Glad he didn't run over you and Mom!

Janie, having come from a city that has perpetual losers (can we say Cubs? lol ) in baseball, my sympathies are with you. Kind of how we feel now about basketball.....with Michael gone, what's the use in watching? and what do we do during playoff time? Good hint about asking for the take-home box before eating!

Dianne....mmmmm...shrimp scampi, one of my favorites. enjoy!!

I'm so looking forward to the Bears' game on Sunday. They're actually favored by 10 points! Unreal. Missed last week's winning game when we spent the day out. GO BEARS !!!

Joyce, Zoe......long time no see!

later,
~Jen
Old 10-12-2001, 07:56 PM   #22  

Talking

Yes, my son is a cutie. Even the married women at his job come on to him I'll just keep praying that he meets a decent young lady who will treat him good.

You all are such sports fans! Pete wishes I could get into sports. I try He loves boxing too.

JanieD, good tip on asking for the box first. I have to remember that one.

Dianne, I love shrimp scampi. I can't have due to the high cholesterol Enjoy it.

Myra, the same with our cars. We have 2 but when 1 goes, it creates a BIG problem.

Jen, any plans this weekend?

Well, better go.

Till tomorrow
Old 10-13-2001, 12:54 AM   #23  

Dianne,
Enjoy that Shrimp SCAMPI. love it!!!!!

Enjoy that game Jen.

Your son sounds very cute ESSIE!!!!!

TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-13-2001, 10:40 AM   #24  

Good Saturday morning my buds

Janie - I must say, I relly like your taste in men Tino is a "hottie" too. I hope they win tonight's game or

Jen -- Please don't hit me, okay, but are the Bears a football team? Sorry, but I don't follow football at all, so I wasn't sure. I like baseball and basketball and I never heard of the bears on either of those two sports, so by process of elimination, I figured it must be football I missed Michael Jordan too, but I want him back with the bulls, what the heck is this other team? It lost the last game it played. As much as I like Michael, maybe he should have quit while he was ahead.

Myra - sorry you're having so much car trouble - what a hassel. Until we got the new car, we had a 1991 plymouth acclaim, which we put more money into to fix over the years then the damn thing originally cost, I think Keep down the good weight loss.

Hi Es -- Can you tell me about the htp5 you and Myra always talk about? Is it a vitamin, is it a weight loss pill? Thanks.

Hey Terri -- How are you and the gang doing? WI day today at Terri's casa? Good luck - you guys are doing great.

Hi Patti/Zoe - where are ya, girl? Hope you are doing well.

Willie and I are going to see justin play in a concert tonight - should be fun.

Have a great weekend everyone. Talk to "yous" soon.

Here's a picture of Justin:

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-13-2001, 10:43 AM   #25  

Whoops! Actually that was a picture of Justin's drums Justin is playing them, but he's invisible -- ain't he ?

See ya
Dianne
Old 10-13-2001, 12:56 PM   #26  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Yes, Dianne, the Chicago Bears are a football team. Theirs is the only game I watch; Joe's not into sports, will watch some football. He's a big fan of the sci-fi and discovery channels. We both like to watch the Olympics....I'm glad they're being held this winter.

Essie, the right woman will come along for your son....it's better to wait for the best, right? My son will be 23 this month, no girlfriend right now, but that's ok, the time will come much too soon!

Jess and her family are coming for dinner today. They were going to do the decorating for Halloween, but it's cool and raining here.
Instead we'll have a game night. Joe and I have done that with our kids on Sat. nights since the late 70's when they could first join in on the board games....funny now that one of the game companies is advertising "family game night". When my kids saw that ad, they said "hey, that's what we invented!"

hi to everyone Terri, Myra, Joyce, Zoe!

~Jen
Old 10-13-2001, 12:59 PM   #27  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
cool Bears attachment! I know you don't mind if I "steal" it.......
~Jen
Old 10-13-2001, 01:24 PM   #28  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Dianne, 5-HTP is an herbal based supplement that you can get at the health food store that raises your seratonin levels which helps you deal with stress better and therefore is helpful with stress related depression, binge eating and insomnia. It only works if it is stress related. I credit this supplement with my ability to stay OP the past few months. I was struggling, yo-yoing for about three years now. In May I weighed more than I ever did before. Then I read an article in Natural Health about 5-HTP. I've been taking it since the end of May and have lost every single week since then for a total of 25.6 lbs. now. It doesn't fill you up. It doesn't burn fat. It just makes stress more tolerable. If you want a copy of that Natural Health article, e-mail me. I have a scanned version.
Old 10-13-2001, 01:53 PM   #29  

Talking

Hi Girls,

Poppin in to say "Wazzzzzzz Up" Waiting for Pete to get home from work then we're going to the gym. I have to try & burn off 5 pts. of hershey's that I had a little while ago I eat it, then I regret it. Happens all the time If I workout I won't feel so bad.

I'll be home alone this evening cause Pete's going to his brother's to see his other brother who is here from Cleveland. Since I'll be alone I rented The Mummy & The Mummy Returns! Looking forward to being home alone watching scary movies.

Myra, starting tomorrow I'm going to start taking the HTP's 3x/day.

Jen, I feel bad for David sometimes. He's very happy with his life style but all his friends are either married or have steady girlfirends. I'm the one that wishes he would SETTLE DOWN ALREADY! Pete says he's not ready. Well duh, if he was he would be with someone. Sounds like a fun family night "At Jen's House". My favorite is Scrabble! Usually when my family spends the holidays together they break out all their board games. They get upset cause I always leave early. It's just that they play for hours & they start so late. I can't hang out like when I was 30! Have a great time tonight

Dianne, don't feel bad about the Bears. I wasn't sure either. Pete's not into football. He loves baseball & boxing. How was the shrimp scampi?

Terri, do tell!! We want to know how much everyone lost

Most likely I'll be back later since I'll be Home Alone!

Enjoy your day everybody

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 10-13-2001 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-13-2001, 04:54 PM   #30  

Hi Guys:

Willie's working today, so I'm playing around. We'll have dinner then go see Justin tonight.

Es - The shrimp scampi was great . Had it with rice pilaf instead of pasta and mixed vegetables. YUM. Es, don't rush David, by the time he finds someone, he'll really be ready to settle down. I know, you're waiting for the pitter/patter of grandbaby feet That will come too and I know you'll be a great abuela. In the meantime, you can borrow one of my 14

Jen - thanks for your patience as far as my knowledge of the bears is concerned. I just can't get into football, although I've heard the guys look pretty good in uniforms - is that what they mean by "tight end"?

So terri - how did you and the gang do with your wi's? Hope you all did well.

Myra - thanks for the info re: 5-HTP. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Hi to everyone else - hope you're all having a good day - the weather here is beautiful - 70 degrees and sunny. Wish it was like this all year round. Talk to you's soon

Hugs,
Dianne
Closed Thread