Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 AM   #31  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

What a busy weekend! I just got done taking my Finite Math pretest. I had to score an 80% to remain in the class and I scored a 95%. I'm slow to get into the groove of homework this semester. I'll get there though.

Hubby is doing good. He's just a little sore and the hair is growing back on his tummy where they shaved him. He is itching like crazy. He kind of got mad at me today because he was going to take his sister to a doctor appt tomorrow and I told him that he wasn't supposed to be lifting anything over 10 lbs for 4-6 weeks. Her wheelchair is well over 30. So we had a little tension there. Not sure what he'll do but I think he understands now. He mentioned that he didn't want to screw things up and draw out his recovery time anymore or we'll be sucking eggs in the financial dept.

I also may have been a little touchy today because of my weight. HE's walking around going "I'm just not hungry" and "oh you can eat that, I'm not hungry" or "that's enough for me, you take the rest". I was so p.oed. He's lost weight and I keep finding it and I guess I just felt like he was bragging and I felt like the gluttonous pig. I told him not to make me look like the oinker. I wish I knew how to explain it all to you gals but he's so proud of himself and I'm feeling like crap. I know he wasn't being mean or intentionally trying to be insensitive, but when you have an insecure person like me wanting to be thin, healthy and happy, the last thing you want to hear is "go ahead, I'm not hungry" "my clothes are getting looser", etc. One of those bad days. However, he did find out the reason he can't eat meat and bread for a month. His esophagus is swollen down by his stomach and he did try to eat some pork roast tonight and it got stuck and he choked a bit. But at least his stomach isn't hurting and he hasn't had any acid refluxing up since last Tues. That cuts the cancer risk substantially.

Gonna go take a bath now and read my Native American history book for my class. Check back tomorrow.

Christina

HEY WELCOME KERRI!!!!
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday all!

Morning everyone! Well W/I was ok on Saturday, I was down 1.6 lbs and I will take that! We had a pretty nice weekend, the dinner theater was wonderful and we had a great time, I over ate but I counted everything so it should be ok. I start another pilates class tonight and will take this class on Mondays and Thursdays along with my Saturday class so I am really looking forward to that. We got about 3 inches of snow yesterday and it was wonderful to stay home and watch it out the window while I was cooking. We are all very happy that the Colts won last night and they are going to the super bowl! The city went wild and I think it will stay that way for the next two weeks .

Chris: I know how you feel... I really do, I am so insecure also and it just sucks when your partner is droping the weight and you are not... I have been there with my DH and it is rough. The only thing I can say it get back on your eating plan, walk on your treadmill when you can and your weight will come off also.

Kerriscards: WELCOME! We are always happy to see new faces and share the support as well as draw support and knowledge from you. Tell us something about yourself if you get a chance. My name is Susan, I have been with this group for about 8-9 months so far, I think. I re-joined WW last spring and have been trudging along ever since along with my DH who is on the program also. I am 44, I have two sons, one is 18 and the other is 22, both live at home right now with my husband and I. We have three dogs that are spoiled and not particularly well behaved but I love them. I love to read, shop, cook, and spend time working around my home. Glad to have you with us!

Bandit: How are you doing up there? I see that it is still cold up your way, have you had anymore snow?

Ariana: How was your weekend?

Judy: How are you doing?

I have to run but will check back later on.
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:59 PM   #33  

All: Good afternoon, ladies. I had an okay weekend. I went to a travelling butterfly exhibit, and that was cool. Friday night I did spinning class, then I went out to dinner with my friend Ellen. Ellen *loves* Sweet Tomatoes (a large buffet, if they don't have them in your area) and I love them too, but I also hate/fear them because I find it nearly impossible to control myself when I go there starving, and I'm always starving after spinning. So this time I bought a 100-calorie power bar (or balance bar, something like that), and that way when I got to Sweet Tomatoes I wasn't ravenous...I ate more than I usually do at dinner, but I didn't feel sick like last time. So, a step forward. And Saturday at lunch, I feel like I ate just the right amount at the Chinese food restaurant, thanks, in part, to our small plates; as silly as it sounds, they really do make you feel like you're getting more with the same portion of food. I made it to the gym 4x this week, and I didn't go crazy on the weekend, so I think I'll lose some weight at the WI Wednesday (unless I am in LA Wednesday night, in which case I'll weigh in next week rather than take the scale with me ;D.) The weekend was only okay not great because I've been feeling so tired, I slept through much of it, and then did housework for another big chunk of it. (I'm going to spend some time checking out that FlyLady.net website, and maybe some clean in 15 minutes a day plans. I am really sick and tired of this, of house chores eating my weekend. Part of it is my own anxiety, the house is probably cleaner than I think. ;o) Anyway, time to go, ladies, I hope you're having a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing from you!

Princess: congrats on the WLx2. Glad you enjoyed the dinner theater and that your home team won (the Cardinals have exactly a snowball's chance in h*ll of getting to the superball). Re: "Great job on meeting your goal... you are so my hero and someone that I really look to for Weight Loss advise and tips. So glad you are a part of our group" That is so sweet, and it means a *great* deal to me. <big hug!>

Judy: Thank for the congrats. I'm thrilled too.

Bandit: Congrats on the WL and sticking to your exercise regimen.

Kerri: Yes, of course, join us! <hug> Let me introduce myself. I'm 27, single and a software engineer. I loosely follow a variant on WW called "the Wendie plan", which has a fixed number of points per day, but that number varies from day to day. I've lost 52 pounds so far, and I have another 24 to lose, according to WW. I'm big on working out (I spin 2x per week and I do Powerflex 2x per week) and on cooking, so you'll probably hear my thoughts on food and working out eventually. ;D I've been with this group for almost a year now, and they're a wonderful and supportive group of ladies. Welcome to the group, tell us about yourself!

Chris: Congrats on the test. Sorry about the tension. It may be hard to listen to, but I really doubt he's saying those things to upset you. I'm glad he's feeling better.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:08 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Welcomd Kerri

Princess - nice job on the weight loss & yes, it is still very cold up here.

My driveway is frozen solid to the point that you cannot even put melting salt on it. Suppose to warm up abit tomorrow so I will try & deal with it then.

My weekend was good. Had a big dinner out on Sat with friends put counted everything best as I could.

Anyway, have a good OP turltle day.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #35  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Wow, we are hopping on this site!

1. Welcome to Kerri We'd love to have you join us. I'm married, retired from teaching school, live in NY, have three grown children and three grandchildren, love to read and quilt and love this site! I've lost about 20#, but struggle with new weight losses and actually put on several pounds last year. I'm about 15# from "onederland" and am determined to get back there in 2007. Post whenever you can. We are really very kind and helpful to one another and are always happy to have new members.

2. Bandit,
Sorry about your cold weather, but am thrilled with your weight loss! Glad you're in a good place weightwise.

3. Ariana,
Oh, you got to see a traveling butterfly exhibit! How wonderful. When I taught third grade, the kids and I hatched butterflies (I think it's environmentally taboo to do that nowadays, but it was wonderful to see the butterflies emerge.) You're doing great. Always glad to hear one of the turtles conquer a situation and come out of it feeling well. Smart move during the buffet!

4.Chris,
I think your dh is probably pleased that he's lost weight and is expressing his feelings about himself. Unfortunately you are probably hearing him as not being sensitive to your feelings right now. I don't think his intentions are bad.
Remember, you can do this. You have done this. And you have a goal to meet for yourself. Hey, Smartypants, great job on the math pre-test! And good luck with your :

5. Princess,
first of all, congrats on your weight loss. : I am so glad that you were mature, thought things through and outlasted your plateau. When we plateau, it's so easy to say things like, "I'll never lose weight. I'll never get there. I might as well eat." And you know where that gets us!
second of all, my mammogram postcard came back and I'm fine for another year. I try not to worry until I've got something to worry about, but it is always a sniggling thought in the back of my head until I get the good card.
third, You are so incredibly sweet to affirm all of us and what we mean to you. That was remarkably kind and wonderful. You hit all of our best characteristics and really know us well. I am sooooooo happy that you found this place to post. We're all very happy you're here.

Onward and Downward all!!!!
(I may have a really good WI this week because I had to eat less and then fast for a blood test for a colonoscopy I'm scheduled for next week) LOL.
No kidding, I really am trying. Take care and be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/217/thinner into onederland
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #36  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Thank you so very much for the welcome....

I am single and live with my 2 cats and 2 dogs....I have 5 grown children and 9 grandchildren..

I started on LC and lost about 25 #s and started to gain some back so I switched to WW last Feb..and lost more and now at just under 50#s..I have lost and gained so many times in my life that I have lost count and I really want to keep it off this time...I think this time I am looking for support which I did not do in the past..I am hoping that will help..
kerriscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:44 AM   #37  
Focus on the Process

Just had to pop on and leave a late night post for you gals. Just a busy Monday here. I had work and then followed that up with homework.

We visited my MIL tonight. MY SIL is still staying with her until she feels better. Remember how I told you that SIL jumped all over my hubby and that she has hardly been talking to him. Well, she's carrying that over to me. She hasn't said 2 words to me the last few days. I'd love to know what is eating her. My hubby said he's not playing the game with her. If she has something on her mind, let her spill it. Since she's not talking, he says he's not going to worry about it. He's got such a positive attitude lately. He says this is OUR year. We're going to work on ourselves, take time as a couple, and do more family things and not spend so much time stressing and running our heads off. He wants more good times. I must say, I like this side of him. He's been alot easier to get along with since he gave himself "permission" to enjoy life.

Well haven't weighed myself today. I'm kind of scared to. TOM is due in a week and I have the PMS munchies going on. Does anyone have any good ideas to overcome the PMS bingeing???? I know its coming every time but I just don't know what to do to head it off.

Gonna check out my email and go to bed. Tomorrow is another busy day. I don't think I'm babysitting though. I told my sisters' I wasn't doing Tuesdays anymore. Let's see if they heard me.

Love ya ladies....

Christina
Old 01-23-2007, 08:45 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Tuesday!

Morning all! Well we got some really good news yesterday! My youngest DS was accepted to USI (University of Southern Indiana) and we are so excited for him. They have a club rugby team and are rated as a pretty good school but the draw back is that he is almost 4 hours away from Indy so it is hurting this momma's heart a bit. He is the youngest but it was rough when I took his older brother to college also... it has always been the three of us, no matter what, thru all that life throws at you we have always had each other close so this is rough but we are so happy for him because you can tell he is very excited. My oldest DS has found a house to rent with his GF and they will be moving in the next month or so I guess... OMG... empty next syndrome is setting in already! Just me, DH and my D-Dogs... But the next chapter of life begins and in way I look forward to it.

Kerri: Glad to meet you! I feel your pain on the constand gain/lose thing... lord if only I had a dollar for every time I have gained and lost weight and every diet I have been on I would be one rich women! WW is my way of life now, I have chosen it after trying a million of them I feel that it is the most sustainable for me and my life style.

Chris: Very happy to hear that things are going so well with DH!

Judy: I am so sure that you are going to do awesome at your W/I this week! Great job! This is your year! I can feel it! I think it is going to be the year for all of us!

Ariana: I could use some of your warm weather here =) we are super cold lately and snowy but I don't mind it too much... Summer is only a few months away. You did great at that buffet by the way... I am not so sure I could be that strong so I just refuse to go to them now... maybe when I am stronger

Bandit: Yup, I would not worry about the driveway as the weather man says that not much is supposed to change any time soon. Glad you had a good weekend... I just love the weekends

I have to run for now but will check back later on.
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #39  
Focus on the Process

Taking a few minutes away from the homework scene. I'm so tired. I have the attack of insomnia going again. I seem to have a sleep cycle that permits this. I sleep really good for a couple weeks and then *bam* I'm having troubles for 2 or 3 weeks. Nuts huh????

We are having a good time today. I'm ditching babysitting on Tuesdays and getting some homework done and things done for me and for my family. It feels good! I finally took everyone's advice. I was getting so resentful of them for always assuming I'd be available to watch kids. They may be mad for a bit but they will get over it.

Back to the homework grind. check back later....

christina
Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #40  
Focus on the Process

Taking a few minutes away from the homework scene. I'm so tired. I have the attack of insomnia going again. I seem to have a sleep cycle that permits this. I sleep really good for a couple weeks and then *bam* I'm having troubles for 2 or 3 weeks. Nuts huh????

We are having a good time today. I'm ditching babysitting on Tuesdays and getting some homework done and things done for me and for my family. It feels good! I finally took everyone's advice. I was getting so resentful of them for always assuming I'd be available to watch kids. They may be mad for a bit but they will get over it.

Back to the homework grind. check back later....

christina
Old 01-23-2007, 04:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Princess - that is so great about your son - you must be very proud.

Kerri - we are all in this together, so hang in & I'm sure you'll do great.

This is a really great group of ladies - very helpful & supportive.
I am sure you will enjoy being here.

So, far this week keeping on track & going to gym tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #42  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Princess, congrats to your son!! I am so happy for him and you.
Hey, empty nest gets some getting used to, but it can be wonderful. I love having my children as grown adults. It's really a nice place to be in.

Hey Bandit, glad you're doing so well this week. I see another weight loss for you!

Kerri, I have rejoined WW's about 35-40 times over my lifetime. None of this is fun, but I find with Core that I can eat well and still lose weight if I watch myself. I'm so happy you've lost so nicely already and now onto the home stretch.

Okay Turtles, it's time to move to the next thread. We're burning up the wires here!! Look for the bale of turtles thread #176.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote