Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Not that I would call it a Whole Food either but I was at Target yesterday and dying of thirst. So I went to the drink section and they had bottles of flavored water. It had no sweeteners but just had water and natural flavors. The one I picked up was spearmint which the first sip was like drinking listerine but was good after the second sip. Other flavors included fruit flavors and cucumber.
Crystal Geyser has these. I tried the orange and it was pretty bitter. Don't have plans to have it again. This week I'm going to try the "Very Berry," maybe that will be better. But it's not vitamin water. Just carbonated water with fruit essence (no sweeteners).
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Julie, The archer farms ones aren't carbonated so they would be an option if you didn't want sparkly water
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:57 AM   #18  
Yes We Can ~Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKisses0204 View Post
I just watched something on tv the other day and it showed that it has 6tbs of sugar in one bottle! It should be called kool-aid not water.
Not for only 150 calories it doesn't. Since a tablespoon of sugar contains 48 calories, six tabelspoons would be 288 calories. I think you may have received some mis-information.
InnerChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #19  

I've tried Vitamin water in the past and they really taste nasty to me.

But, I have seen electrolyte waters popping up on shelves all over the place. Has anyone tried those?
LostInWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I hate to waste some of my calories for the day on beverages (except maybe coffee), especially since I already get those vitamins through multi-vitamins
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

I've never tasted a vitamin water that I liked. When I want something other than just water, I splash a little bit of cranberry juice in it. Very good.
beachluvr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #22  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

You should never drink your calories. Besides, these vitamin water deals are just BS. We need to stick to the basic, simple H20!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #23  
:)

Height: 5'7

Vitamin Water, IMO, is G-R-O-S-S! I did get sucked into the SmartWater thing, but it's 0 cals!
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:00 AM   #24  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
Oh my gosh. Iced tea in a can is the worst, most disgusting stuff ever made.

You MUST try real, freshbrewed iced tea. I make mine in a Mr. Coffee iced tea maker and it's yummy. I use decaf tea bags and sometimes add a flavored herbal tea bag once in a while.

Mmmm. I think I'll go get some iced tea now.

Oh dear.. definitely! I love LOVE love tea. I hate the bottled/canned stuff.. bleck! But mmmmm fresh tea is so delicious. I'm from the south so I've always had iced tea, but recently I tried (Red Rose) hot tea and oh is it good!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:39 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I recently picked up some tea that has a dried flower wrapped inside. I bought a glass pot last year on clearence and when you put the tea ball inside a flower gently unfolds. There are many different flowers. Green Tea with Jasmine The name on the cardboard contain says Flowering Tea. I've had a Green Tea with Jasmine before and I'm so looking forward to this. It was one of my special "treats" for me to start back up. It is very calming to sit and watch this flower come to life. (you can brew it up to 3 times) I think of myself as the that green ball and as I get closer to my goal I'm a flower blooming. I know corny but it can be very inspiring to me.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote