Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #46  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Ah, it smells better in here already!

Just a quickie post in today. We're leaving for the long weekend with my parents, driving out this morning. Food will be good- mom knows how much I'm down, and she's not going to do something like have pizza for dinner, or anything like that. The challenge will be getting in some type of formal exercise, other than just walking around, shopping, etc. That'll be what I try to find creative ways to make happen.

It's COLD here this morning! 38 degrees! We had the windows open last night- it was 59 in the bedroom this morning, and luckily I didn't have to get out of bed and hop right into the shower in that! Brrrr! And Mom's house is supposed to be 10 degrees cooler. I'm packing sweats!

Everyone enjoy your long weekends! I'll be back on Tuesday, and will post then.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:49 AM   #47  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Dd2...jenn Hope The Trip Is A Good One!! Nothing Like "mom". You'll Be Even Colder When You Lose More Weight. That And My Padded "seat" Were The First 2 Things I Noticed!! Happy Shopping!

30 Pedals Watching Tv Travel Shows. I Went To The Real West!!! Yippee Kaiyo!
Happy Sunday! For Those That Get It...enjoy The 3 Day Weekend!! I Am Loving The Silence!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #48  
Happy September

30 MINS PEDALS
HAPPY MONDAY!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #49  
"workin' on my fitness"

I'm home! 10:13, and off to bed. I'll update tomorrow! Night, ladies!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:24 AM   #50  
Happy September

HOME JENN!

30 MINS PEDALS LAST NIGHT TOO
OFF TO FOOD SHOP
HAPPY TUESDAY!!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:41 PM   #51  

Height: 5'5"

Hi there girls!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday....day off from school for the kids (president's day), lots of running around to do, dentist appointment for ds, dance team practice for dd, and tons of laundry and cleaning to do, and I just couldn't get a chance to get online!

It is a balmy 42 degrees here today. Yipee. I know that sounds cold to you Jenn and Linda, but this is the first day we have been above freezing in 24 days! WOW! All the snow is just starting to melt. Still will have a long way to go before it is all gone, but atleast we will be able to see pavement soon.
Sunday, I went tobaggoning with dh and the boys. OMG, that is the first time I have ever gone, and I think they said the sled goes down the hill like 50 mph or something like that. Now mind you, I do not like rollercoasters, but I figured I would try anything once. It was fun though very cold. I think when we finally went inside, it took my hands and toes about an hour to defrost. It was fun, but give me the beach any day! LOL

Today I walked on the treadmill. Not as long as I would have liked, but as long as I had time for this morning. Tomorrow it will be a date with Bob, and I actually think he enjoys seeing as many people as he can! So no love lost there! LOL The dvd #4 is tough. Linda, I know you will be on 5 soon, let us know about that one! And what did you decided to do with the subscription?

Tonight it will be off to the hs for a basketball game that dd is dancing at for the last time this year. I am both sad and glad it is coming to an end. One less commitment will be nice, but I do think she really enjoyed being on the team. Dinner will be out, since my mom is coming with me to the game. I had originally planned on making the boys a "real" N'orlins meal tonite, with cajun music and everything, but forgot about the game. So I guess we will have to do Mercridi Gras, instead of Mardi Gras! LOL I hope that is spelled right, it has been alot of years since I had to recall my hs french! LOL

Anyway--great job on the pedals Mel. It sure does seem like everyone disappears on you! LOL I just have a hard time making it here on the weekends. When my life gets off this blasted rollercoaster (and I don't even like them), then I will be here too! LOL

Take care and enjoy the day!

Last edited by healthyeater; 02-21-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #52  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey ladies! Ok, whew! Finally a chance to sit down and post. Busy weekend with mom. Saturday night, she doesn't cook- that's her ritual. 6 days a week, she's cooking, and then she gets a night off. Well, I arrive only to find out that dinner is going to be pizza! Yikes! So, I blotted off all the excess oil, and kept within my numbers. Sunday, did a lot of running around with Mom. More than 2 hours of non-stop walking, while shopping and running errands. Did a 20 minute resistance band workout with Mom, to show her the new Walk Slim set. I'll have to *coughmakeacopyforhercough* and send them off her way.

Weighed in this morning, expecting to have to do damage control thanks to pizza on Friday, and a BK tendergrill sandwich for lunch on Monday, during 2 hours of driving, then a 2 hour hair appt for a perm, and a 3 hour drive back home from that, arriving home at 6:30. YES!!!! 39.2 pounds down. 40 is there...I feel it. I think by this weekend, it just might be there. Today is Mardi "Less Gras" for me! Less Fat Tuesday. Yeah, I think it's lack of oxygen.

OH- speaking of lack of oxygen- I did the 3 mile advanced walk with hand weights from the new 5 mile WATP DVD. If you thought I complained about being overheated after the 2 mile Fast Walk, this one is makes that look like a piece of cake. Holy poop! The first 2 miles are the Fast Walk speed- 10 minute miles! Then, she slows down to a 15 minute mile when she brings in the hand weights for a lot of movement. It also gives two other 3 mile options- the ab belt, and a resistance stretchie band, and the 5 mile combines the 2 fast mile walks, with all 3 of the added goodies. That 5 miler is going to have to wait, like, for Linda to do it!

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday...only 8 more days left in the month. March is coming...and spring thaw for our Northern chickies!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:36 AM   #53  
Happy September

RENEE I AM LOVING THE 47 DEGREES IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE TODAY!!! YAY!! BET YOU GUYS ARE REALLY HAPPY!WITH KIDS HOLIDAYS ARE NEVER QUIET!! LOL GLAD YOU GOT SOME EXERCISE ANYWAY. SO LONG AS WE JUST KEEP OUR BUTTS MOVING.

JENN GLAD THE TIME WITH MOM WAS GOOD. MAKE THOSE COPIES FOR DM1!!!!!!! DON'T MAKE ME GET THE PROD OUT!!! OR TELL LINDA!!!!
A BIG "hug" AND CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS!!! 4 0 WILL BE YOURS BEFORE THE WEEKEND IS OVER!!!
A FAMILY IN TOWN DONATED A BRAND NEW MOTORIZED WHEELCHAIR AND SAID I COULD HAVE IT. IN RETURN I AM DONATING ONE OF MINE TO A SENIOR. IT ALSO WAS A DONATION SO I AM RECYCLING IT CAUSE IT'S REALLY FOR A SMALLER PERSON AND ONE LESS ACTIVE THAN I AM. SO I WAS A HAPPY CAMPER YESTERDAY!!
SOME PEDALS AND THEN LAUNDRY.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #54  

happy Hump day ladies! glad to get over the hump for sure!

I got some time with the mp3 player and the treadmill this morning, as well as session 1, dvd #4 with good ole Bob. Whew! He is majorly kicking my butt in this session. ALOT of core work. My core isn't what it should be. I think I may be on this session for a while. Dvd 5 also arrived in the mail today--and Linda, you will be happy to know it is still Bob that leads the session, not Mike. I popped it right in to check. This new dvd will just be on hold for awhile, as the #4 was lost in the mail and they had to send me a new one, so not too far on it yet, and as I have mentioned, I think I will be here awhile. One thing I noticed was that my arms do not seem to be long enough to execute certain moves. What to do about that, I just don't know. I don't think any amount of diet and exercise will give me longer arms! LOL

Did pretty well on food yesterday. Ate at applebees and made a choice from the ww menu. I did have one transgression though, I had a piece of King cake, but only one. Today is going well too. I just need to do this 365 days a year for the rest of my life, and I should be all set.

Jenn, WTG on the loss! You are just showing that fat where to go! Hopefully you sent it south, not north, because mel, mary, and I don't need anymore! LOL And don't send it west either, Linda wouldn't like that! LOL

Mel, how cool is a new chair? That is wonderful. I am happy for you. Good things happen to good people, and that is the way it should be!

Linda, come out and play. We miss you fearless leader and fellow Bob follower! I know you have been exercising as usual, come and let us know about it!

Take care my friends!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #55  

Why do they make me work around here? Don't they know I have 'mportant stuff do do online? Jeepers!

Yes I've been exercising like a good girl. I've been hating it on Wednesdays and Thursdays the past few weeks because I've been pooped. Exercise is one thing that gives me a sense of routine and I don't know about the rest of you but i love my routine life. Boring? sure.. but at least no nasty surprises most of the time.

My company is havingsome 10 week "Build Healthier Habits" program, so i signed up for it. no idea what it entails but I figure it cannot hurt. Might get some new ideas and it's free anway! As a bonus they are giving away 25 MP3/flash drives. I have no idea what I'd do with one of those, but who cares? So here is what it is

Starting February 26, here's what's in store:

Four-part healthy habits questionnaire
Latest scientific information
Proven techniques for breaking unwanted habits
Mental pattern makeovers
Quick tips for getting started
A weekly personalized action plan for success

So anyway, that's all I have time for today. Glad to see the three of you still hanging in there. Where is that Turtle butt anyway?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #56  

Could always sell it on Ebay and then get something really cool! LOL OOOhh I am excited for your program, Linda! Looking forward to hearing all the good stuff they will educate you on!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #57  
"workin' on my fitness"

Late night, but I have three words for you chickies....

Forty

Pounds

Lost!

more in the morning! xoxoxoxoxo!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:35 AM   #58  
Happy September

CONGRATULATIONS JENN
WOW!! GREAT NEWS TO HEAR FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!! ENJOY THAT FEELING!!! YOU GO DD2!!!
I COULDN'T BE ANY HAPPIER FOR YOU!

RENEE THAT WAS SOME NICE EATING AND EXERCISE! YOU'RE ON A ROLL GIRL! AS FOR THE CAKE. I FEEL THAT WE ARE LIVING, BREATHING HUMAN BEINGS. IT'S ALL ABOUT CHOICES, PORTIONS AND LIFE MIXED TOGETHER.
I'M NEVER NOT GOING TO EAT CAKE. JUST NOT SIT HERE WITH AN ENTENNMAN'S BOX ON THE DESK AND A FORK

LINDA~ THE CLASS SOUNDS GREAT. TOO BAD WE CAN'T ALL DOI IT TOGETHER! LOL I FOR ONE COULD USE BETTER HABITS. AND I LIKE THINGS THE SAME OLD BORING WAY!! I AM NOT HAPPY NWITH SURPRISES UNLESS THEY ARE REALLY HAPPY ONES

30 PEDALS TODAY
TOMORROW IS FOOD SHOPPING SO I WILL SEE YA ON SATURDAY. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY THURSDAY!
OURS IS lol
Old 02-22-2007, 11:24 AM   #59  

Yeah Jenn! You are almost half way there, you know it's all downhill once you reach the midpoint! Ya, don't we wish! LOL
Your great resolve and success has really inspired me! Thanks, chickie!

30 min on the treadmill this morning. I am really sore from my workout with Bob yesterday. My legs are like jello, and my midsection feels like someone took a good punch. And Tom did arrive this morning too. Whine, whine, whine....LOL I am hoping to see a loss this week. For the most part I have been good, I would like to see some payoff.

Linda, I don't understand why they make you work at the job! LOL Internet blogging and chatting and all that can sure be addictive and time consuming. I hope Bob is easier on me on Friday....probably not though...because he won't have you to pick on!

Mel, enjoy shopping. Storm on the way here today--more snow in a Canadian Clipper--blah! Windy too! You are absolutley right about the cake. Sometimes it's ok to have a small portion, just not to eat the whole thing...even if it isn't in one sitting.

Take care girls!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #60  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Hello Chicks

I'm sure you've noticed my absence. I do apologize for that. But though I do keep up with the thread as far as reading, I can't see posting here when I've got nothing but negativity and sluggishness to post. I just don't possess the motivation and energy needed to keep exercising and following a healthy diet right now. I know it's not easy. It's not easy for anyone (though I suspect it IS easier for some). To be posting about a healthy diet and exercise that, for me, right now doesn't exist, well it feels dishonest on my part. I just can't seem to do what's right, right now. I'm not proud of that fact, but I see that it's true and feel I should admit that. Though I don't think I'll ever give up entirely, it's just not feasible that I keep motivated enough to continue posting here. I wish you all the luck in the world. I'll continue to keep up with you all by reading your posts. You're all doing great by the way. But there's no sense posting when I've got nothing to contribute. I do post on another site (though I'm suffering the same lack of motivation there), but don't think I've abandoned you. I just can't get my steam up right now. I feel confident that I'll be back at it soon. Just not right now. Please don't worry about me. I'm okay. Honest.
Closed Thread