Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 10:56 PM   #1  

Default Winning Points Question

I have a question about the points saved(food)and points earned(activity)can I only save a Total of 10 points Total??Also is'nt the fiber capped off at 5?Thanks
Old 10-02-2001, 05:59 AM   #2  

Angry

Hi Brenda..with the WW saved points..you can save as many points and activity points as you want..as long as you are at least eating your minimum points in the day..the only thing with banked points is you can eat 10 of those saved points in a week.

Hope this helps you
Old 10-02-2001, 10:45 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

WEIGHT WATCHERS WINNING POINTS 2001

The new year is at hand! It's the week you all learn about the 2001 WW program. Sonce today is the day that meetings all over the world are telling members about the plan, I am sure WW will not mind if I tell you too!

Good news! WW POINTS are NOT going away! I am sure you will all have the new materials in your hands by the end of this week. This week we introduce the new stuff at our meetings. There will be new books, new points finders, and new journals (plus monthly journals for purchase which are cool!

I guess the biggest thing I like about WW 2001 if the program is working for you AS IS...do NOT feel you have to change a thing.

BUT, if you feel that the program is NOT working for you as you would like it to, there is a whole bunch of new material to personalize the PROGRAM just for you! That’s the new theme for 2001...a journey of self-discovery...putting the pieces of the weight-loss puzzle together just for YOU!

BOOKLET ONE: “GETTING STARTED”:
All food still have POINTS. There have been a number of changes (about 70) in POINT VALUES for foods as an update of nutrition information and the new fiber counting.

You start your day with your POINTS range...and combine them with the “8 STEPS TO HEALTHY LIVING”...yes, there are 8 steps...very complete.

The daily POINT range spread is now 5 points instead of 7. How do you think a 5-point spread can encourage even better weight-loss results?

ACTIVITY POINTS can be swapped for food points right off the bat. With activity, you can restore your 7 point spread.

The amount of FIBER that WW counts and calculates is CAPPED at a maximum of 4 points.

The Daily POINTS range now goes up to 350 pounds.

0-point vegetables are listed separately in the materials.

Some vegetables are now listed to have points (carrots...1 cup = 1 point)

Calcium-rich food is highlighted.

Vegetarian information and information for nursing moms is right in the basic book.

There will be 7 booklets and 5 recipe cards to take members through their first 12 weeks.

There is a list of common recipe ingredients and their points value right in the booklet.

Food lists are re-organized to help you look up foods more easily.

PESONALIZING THE PROGRAM:
The week 2 booklet is called “WHAT’S YOUR STYLE?” The first of several self-quizzes is in this booklet. It will help you find your “diet personality” and how to better make the program work for you based on that personality.

Other booklets talk about THE RIGHT MIX (Book 6) of proteins, carbs, and fats that will keep YOU satisfied and ON PROGRAM.

The ACTIVITY booklet (Book 4) uses simple language and contains some readiness quizzes.

Book 10 helps you discover your own eating patterns and how we are influenced by both hunger and lifestyle patterns.

Another booklet for those who are experiencing plateaus is called BREAKING THROUGH. You gotta ask for this one!!!

New products...well, I think I need to have a whole separate mini-meeting for this one! New FOOD COMPANION, NEW DINING OUT COMPANION, NEW CALCULATOR, new flavors in 2-POINT bars, a NEW 2-POINT BREAKFAST bar...new cookbooks, new PEDOMETER.

Remember...reaching your goals and WINNING OUTCOMES is not just following a FOOD PLAN, but it is a life-long process of learning who you are, what you want, and the BEST WAY for you to get it. This program which I support 100% has only gotten BETTER!

and

Here is a cut & paste of an email I got from a WW leader which fully outlines all of the details of the new program. It's some GREAT information!

Welcome Booklet:

This book still contains the who's who of the people that created the WW program and their credentials, Goal Weight Charts, Members Bill of Rights, Membership Policies for Current Members and Lifetime Members.

Members are still encouraged to take their weight loss in 10% increments. The keychain will be awarded when the initial 10% loss is achieved. The star charm when goal weight is achieved. And the key charm when Lifetime
Membership is achieved. Other awards will stay the same: 5 lb stars, 10 lb ribbons, 25 & 50 lb magnets.

Week 1:

We will still be counting points.
The Daily Points Ranges now go up to more than 350 lb.
Each points range has been reduced by 2 pts.
Growing teens add an additional 2 pts to Daily Points Ranges.

Banked Points usage is spelled out in clear concise words. (pg. 7)"Limit yourself to using no more than 10 banked points per day."

Journals look a bit different. They are still slim as before. The lines between meals are gone. There is a spot for points used, banked points and a spot for recording either activity minutes or activity points earned. There
is now a larger area for reflections.

Pointsfinders have undergone a change. There is now a cap of 4 gms of fiber when calculating the points value of foods.

The 8 steps to Healthy Weight

1. Pay attention to serving sizes.

Use the hand guide to estimate portion size. Or invest in a good set of measuring cups and spoons, it's up to you.

2. Choose at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.

1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw = 1 serving

The entire Food List points values have been recalculated based on current medical and nutritional information, so be sure to check the points values of your favorite foods to be certain. Carrots, onions and jicama are no longer a
free vegetable.

1 cup of carrots = 1 pt.
1 cup of onions = 1 pt.
1 cup of jicama = 1 pt.

(Lissa's note: Artichoke hearts are also 1 pt. for 1 cup now.)

There is a 0 POINT vegetable list on page 13.

3. Choose at least 2 servings of milk and milk products a day. (3 for teens or over 50)

There is a list of Calcium rich foods on page 15. An asterisk indicates foods that may substitute for a milk serving.

Because milk is a complete nutrient package, it is preferred that we choose our milk servings from the list on page 15. However, if you are not getting enough calcium, consider taking a supplement or choosing foods that provide
the calcium equivalent to a serving of milk To qualify as a milk serving a product must contain 6 grams of protein AND 25% or more of the Percent Daily Value or Recommended Daily Intake.

4. Include protein rich foods in your diet.

5. Choose a variety of grains daily especially whole grains.

Check the points values of your favorite grains. 1 cup of oatmeal is now 3 pts.

6. Limit alcohol, high sugar and high fat foods.

7. Drink at least 6 - 8 oz glasses of water every day.

3 of which can come from juice milk or decaffeinated beverages.

8. Insure your nutritional well being by taking a multiple vitamin daily.

Beyond Food: Move your Body, Change Your Mind:

Move your body!

Members are encouraged to begin exercising 20 min daily.
The Points Activity System comes in Week 4. If you already have the PointsBooster you may immediately begin earning back those 2 points that were taken from the points ranges. The goal is to earn 2 activity points daily. (Lissa's note: per my WW leader this morning, the PointsBooster remains the same. So, if you are already exercising, the points from your current PointsBooster will be the same on Winning Points®.)

Change Your Mind: By using the Tools for Living found on pages 22 & 23

Making Points Work for You with strategies for:
Dealing with the realities of life,
Staying satisfied
Eating at home -- alone or with others
Making Favorite Recipes-Instructions for calculating the points for your favorite recipes is on page 30. Followed by a handy list containing the points values for frequently used recipe ingredients.
Eating Out
Meal Ideas ranging from 1 - 8 points

Recipes: There are 4 recipes. 3 new ones and the ever popular Garden Vegetable soup. 0 pts per 1 cup serving.

Nursing Women & Vegetarian programs are both included in the week 1 book.

The Food List is now in the back of the book which makes it much easier to find. The foods are still listed in alphabetical order. There have been some changes in the points values of some foods, so be sure to check your favorite food. (I am still in mourning, Chocolate is now 4 pts per ounce instead of 3 There is a small Ethnic
Foods List just behind the Food List pages. This list contains many favorites and will make planning to eat away from home easier.

Week 2:

The week 2 booklet is called What's Your Style? This week you'll discover your dieting personality profile. You'll discover your strengths and learn to be alert to obstacles that may interfere with your weight loss.

Week 3 Brings a recipe card. Each of the recipe cards has two recipes. On one side is a vegetarian recipe; on the other a non vegetarian recipe.

Week 4 Get Moving

In this booklet we will find an exercise readiness quiz with suggestions as to how to begin to build an exercise program.

Exercise intensity and the Points Activity System is explained in detail. Members will receive a PointsBooster with the Get Moving booklet. Members are encouraged to earn 2 activity points per day. Thus earning back those two
points taken away from the daily ranges.

Week 5 brings another recipe card.

Week 6 The Right Mix

In week 6 members will discover the right mix of protein, carbohydrate and fat that is right for them. Based on your answers to the quiz in the booklet, you now have the choice of following the Balanced, Higher Carbohydrate or Higher Protein eating by the numbers charts. Keep in mind using these charts are maybes not musts!

Week 7 brings another recipe card.

Week 8 Tools for Living Booklet.

This is an expanded look at these powerful strategies to help us deal with life without turning to food.

Week 9 brings another recipe card

Week 10 Meal Time

In this booklet we will discover our lifestyle and eating patterns. Are 3 square meals, 4-6 mini meals or something in between right for you?

Week 11 brings another recipe card.

Week 12 On Your Way

In this mini workbook members have a place to put all of their personal puzzle pieces together creating their personal program of success.

Breaking Through is a booklet with MUCH helpful information about breaking through those dreaded plateaus. Ask your meeting room staff for this book if you feel that you are dealing with a plateau. Is it really a plateau? will help us discover our average weekly weight loss. Getting to the root of the cause, helps us find those hidden roadblocks. Attitude is everything, Recheck your Daily Points Range, Look at portions with a fresh eye, Commit to completing your journal, Get Moving, 0 point foods, Medications can affect weight loss, and The Final Cause are all pages with
helpful information to raise our awareness.

Staying the Course is the Maintenance booklet.
The "Do You Have What You Need" quiz and "Maintenance and Your Dieting Personality" are meant to help the Lifetime member learn to maintain their loss. Their are maintenance plans to fit your dieting personality. "Now that I've gotten here, how do I stay here?" helps the member understand that this is a lifelong process. A workbook like section helps the Lifetime member create their personal maintenance program.

2001 Products will have some new additions:

The Complete Food Companion ($8.00) has the values for nearly 14,000 foods. It features separate alphabetical listings for generic foods and branded foods. Separate Ethnic Food sections and will conveniently fit into the redesigned Member Organizer.($7.00)- (Please note that the 2001 materials will fit into the current organizer.)

The Dining Out Companion ($7.00) features separate alphabetical listings for the top 55 food chains, separate ethnic restaurant food sections, sample menu plans for eating at each restaurant, also fits into the new or current member organizer.

My Journal Diary ($4.00) features 12 weeks of Daily Journal Pages with a weekly reflections/notes page, printed weekly tab on edge of page, 6 month clothing size measurement chart, daily points range chart, 12 wk weight loss progress chart, spiral bound to lay flat, larger area for recording meals than weekly free journal. (Lissa's Note: I can't WAIT for this one to show up at my center!)

Bonus Buddy Pedometer ($25.00) tracks points earned for past seven days, beeps 3 times as each point is earned, counts steps and miles walked, day time and stop watch functions, redesigned waistband clip and a 16 page guide booklet.

PointsManager ($30.00) features a sleek engineered design, calculates points from nutrition label, tracks daily points, computes and tracks activity points, tracks water consumption, records weight loss and progress toward
goal weights, keeps track of banked points, option to track on a calendar week or a rolling seven day week, 4 function calculator and a durable hinged cover for protection.

There will be two new 2 pts bars Chocolate Crisp and Chewy Peanut & Chocolate. The Breakfast Bars have been reduced in size to equal 2 pts per bar.

"Reinventing Yourself with The Duchess of York" features a step by step plan of action the reader can take to help lose weight, get fit and improve their health. It includes the Duchess' own story about how, when and why she decided to take charge and reinvent her life. Features the Duchess thoughts on each of the leaders she interviewed and the valuable lessons she learned. Each chapter will also feature a Leader profile, the leaders own before and after story. ($25.00)

"Great Cooking Every Day 250 Delicious Recipes plus Techniques and Tips from The Culinary Institute of America" - Available in bookstores near you features 250 delectable recipes, tips and techniques from chefs of the CIA, step by step photos and instructions, 336 pages with over 30 color photos. ($24.99)
Old 10-02-2001, 02:28 PM   #4  

Default Thanks Kelly

WOW Thanks for all that Info!!!!!! It seems they change the Program once a year.
Old 10-03-2001, 02:22 PM   #5  
Getting better every day!

HI-
It seems that the info which Kelly posted on 10/2/01 is the same info which was given out a year ago. I didn't really read anything different. Am I missing something? I'm going to my meeting tonight-haven't been there for awhile, mainly an attitude plateau, lost my focus. It's now time to regain it.
Thanks
Old 10-03-2001, 03:54 PM   #6  

THIS IS DEFINITELY THE INFO THAT CAME OUT LAST YEAR...IT'S CONFUSING A LOT OF PEOPLE!
Old 10-04-2001, 09:16 AM   #7  
Getting better every day!

I did ask at the meeting last night about new materials and program changes, I was told that the material will be the same, little or no program changes and it will be introduced in November.
Hope that clears up the confusion!
Old 10-11-2001, 11:34 PM   #8  

Thanks Kelly for taking the time to post an informative reply. I think it's a little difficult to post new information when it's not available....didn't confuse me!
Closed Thread