Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Question For those who've been around through WW Plan changes...

I know many of you have been around WW for awhile, and have seen different plans come and go. My question is this....if you're happy with what you're doing, did you stick with it, or change to the new plan?

Flex has been working very well for me, and I'm thinking that changing anything about it might make me a bit nervous and I may prefer to just keep going the way I am. I have all the info now so know what the point levels are for different weights....

Just curious what all of you have done in the past!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:05 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

every change I have been reluctant but each time I actually tried it I found it to be just the change I needed.

In reality the only thing that changed since the inception of points is 1 the lowest end and how you counted banked aka flex points and how activity points were earned.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:55 PM   #3  
Kelly M

Thanks for the info, Kel! When I started this thread I actually contemplated just PMing you, because I knew you would have the answer!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:13 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

I've been around the points since 1998 and like I said I resisted at first but then figured out they made the changes for us to succeed otherwise they wouldn't put them out....

If it doesn't work for you after you give it the 'ole college try' (meaning at least 3-4 weeks) you can always go back to what was working best.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I have been around points like Kelly. I remember exchanges very well too and probably still have those materials around somewhere. I too liked everything they gave us and kind of cringed at the change to a set daily point and 35 flex points but I LOVE IT now. I never did do well with the banked point program because for some reason, it gave me carte blanche to go way overboard easier. the 35 flex points seem to work for me - don't ask me why - because WW do all the studies and find out what works best. They don't make changes just because (although marketing and money I'm sure plays into it)
Old 11-15-2006, 01:06 PM   #6  

Started WW 1/71 and have been through every plan change since. Only one I have hated is points. Currently do Core. Love that Core plan...I don't do well with Flex because junk food is too accessible with it. Been at goal since 1973.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

Susan, that isn't W/W fault that you did it (and no I am no slamming or arguing with you)...nor anyone elses fault at what they choose to eat. I like my combo of core foods w/points but everyone has their own sense of what is best for them. LOL
Old 11-15-2006, 02:07 PM   #8  
One Martini at a Time...

Well, I always give the new program a try.
I've done WW off and on through selections, 123, WP, and Flex.
I am looking forward to the changes, but I will probably ease myself through the change.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:50 PM   #9  

It sound like the new change coming up is basically flex what what I know but the way they find your target points is different from the old weight range. So, only sounds like a slight change and nothing crazy.

I actually don't like having the 35 extra points - for myself I can get too carried away with them.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

The WW plan I have and still follow is the first points plan that came out. It works for me and, call me crazy, but I really hate change of any kind. I'll probably look at the new plan and say "no thanks" just like I did when the Flex came out. I still don't cap my fiber at 4 grams when figuring points. I figure 57 pounds can't be wrong! Maybe when I get closer to goal I will feel more comfortable shaking things up a bit.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Apparently the new changes are enough that they are doing away with the old trackers including the Daily Tracker book which sold for $5

There may be more changes than originally thought from what my leader is hinting at
Old 11-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #12  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

I attended my first WW meeting in March of 1970. I still have the original cookbook that had the whole plan in it. I also have the cookbook from 1973 and all the original "cards" from 1974. There was no life then without dehydrated onion flakes, LOL!!!

When the exchange plan came out, I got confused and left WW. I've been back a few times over the years and have just rejoined for what I hope is the last time. I've been counting calories, so the points make sense.

Change is good; it's also smart marketing. The diet industry is so huge that it makes sense for its technology to evolve at a fast pace, giving us changes for the better in our WW program.

Cool, huh...
Old 11-17-2006, 10:41 AM   #13  
Kelly M

Like I've said before, this is the first diet I've ever been on. It's been working so astonishingly well that I'm almost afraid to rock the boat! I'm sure though that in a couple weeks when my leader starts presenting the stuff, I'll give it the college try!

Thanks again for all the input!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:45 AM   #14  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

I'm new to the Flex points, too, so we'll go through the changes together. What an adventure! At least it keeps the program interesting.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #15  
One Martini at a Time...

Hang in there. Change is GOOD! It keeps us motivated and keeps us thinking about what we can do to change ourselves.

I too have been around WW long enough to go through each one of the points plans.

This change is not a total revamping, it's just a tweak. You can always ease yourself in to it. Keep in mind that WW changes after years of research and there are good reasons behind it.

Baby steps!
You didn't GAIN the weight overnight, you won't lose the weight overnight!

CHEERS
Closed Thread