Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #1  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

Default How I spent my Sunday afternoon...

I am so motivated today!

My family is moving next month (the week of Christmas no less, ACK!) about 2 1/2 hours away from where we are now. In fact, my husband moved up there Friday night as he starts with his company's Raleigh office on Monday. Anyway, in packing, I decided to go through everything with a fine tooth comb and I started with my clothes.

I tried every single item of clothing on. If it fit poorly or I hadn't worn it in ages or needed repairs that I didn't feel like making, out it goes. I was absolutely amazed that 95% of my wardrobe is black, gray, black, navy, black, black and black with a touch of black. I went through all of my bras/panties and realized that I have an entire drawer of new, pretty sets, but I wear the square half-acre granny panties for whatever reason. I guess I just don't feel pretty enough to wear the others. Well, in the trash went all the granny panties and boring bras. Now I have about 10 beautiful matching sets that have just been sitting there not being used. With the others in the trash, I have no reason not to wear them!

Jeans: on What Not to Wear, they keep saying not to wear jeans with tapered legs because they make your hips and butt look bigger. Sooo I tried on my jeans and BOY, do they EVER! All of my jeans but 2 pair went into the Goodwill box. Even got rid of about 4 purses that I forgot that I had!

In all, I have a total of 3 boxes being loaded into my jeep today and getting dropped off at Goodwill. I'm really proud of myself!

Later tonight, I am going to sift through my jewelry armoire and get rid of pieces that don't have any meaning to me or that I just don't wear. I'm going to work on completely reinventing myself as the beautiful, professional woman that I know I am... it's just my outside that doesn't express it.

This month: the clothes. Next month: the HAIR!

Last edited by BluePapillon; 11-12-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #2  

Wowzers! What a great, productive afternoon you've had! Thanks for sharing... I think I'll do the same thing!
Old 11-12-2006, 04:27 PM   #3  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Blue--

I just love what I call "The Great Throwouts"! I do that once a year and it keeps us dejunked pretty good. You're inspiring me to go through my own clothes too.

This month, if I meet my mini goal of 5lbs lost, I'm going for a new haircut--I think I posted a pic around here somewhere. And NEXT minigoal, I think I want a fleece jogging suit.

Onward!

Ipa
Closed Thread