Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

Default Calling all 'Repeat Offenders'.....

I was reading another thread where Mother Hen asked if there was room for repeat offender, and there seem to be a lot of us around here, myself included. So here's my question:

What is working for you this time? What are you doing differently that you feel is directly contributing to you success???

For me, it's several things:
1. Journaling~ while I know this is not a new concept for WW, in the past I always had trouble with this one. When ever I had a bad meal or a bad day, I couldn't bring myself to write it down. Pretty soon I would have gone days without writing down a single thing. Well, we all know where that got me. This time I actually went out & bought a purse sized notebook in colors that I love & have truly been journaling. In addition to my daily 'tracking' (like in the WW tracker) I do 'recaps'....I look back over my week & put down what worked or didn't work for me. Then I write out specific goals for my next week i.e. more H2O, more dairy, etc. It's become my lifeline! And I have made it a weekly habit, after my WI I sit down & read through my entire journal from week 1 through thte present. I can clearly see where I've been successful & why, as well as the weeks where I've not done so well & it's in black ad white as well.

2. Milk~ for the first time in years I am drinking milk. 3 glasses of skim milk a day. I measure it out...and it seems to be working

3. My meetings are non-negoitable. I have them written down in my planner & I treat them the same as any other appointment. In the past I let other things take priority. Or I would skip WI if I felt I didn't do very well....not any more. I am there regardless, no excuses. While I know everbody is different, this is what I have to do. My mom & a friend both joined with me.....and they both keep commenting that I have lost more than they have, but they keep skipping meetings & WI. They also keep making excuses that they had this big party or life got busy & they 'just weren't able to stay OP this week'. Let me say I am not knocking them....but I what I am saying is I have seen in my own life how it is easy to let life get in the way. WW is a way of life for me now & I can't make excuses .......I have to do this, for me, every day, every week....regardless....

4. I wear WW proudly. In the past I was a closet WW member. The majority of my friends are very healthy & not the least bit overweight. It was very hard for me to admit to them that I had a weight problem. So I tried to do this quietly, hoping that one day I wouldjust wake up skinny. Not anymore....I have realized I need the support. So I am open & honest about making WW a way of life.

okay, I am sure there is more, but I'll have to think on it......

So again here's the big question....What is working for you this time? What are you doing differently that you feel is directly contributing to you success???
Old 11-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I am writing it all down this time Stacy. In the past, I've just fudged it or just didn't write it down and figured tomorrow was a new day. Well that isn't the case this time. EVERYTHING gets written down. Good, bad, ugly, wholesome, EVERYTHING. Right now I'm struggling to keep up those dairy and healthy oil points but I can see it in black and white because I'm writing it down.

My mindset is much different this time too. I am not placing my emotions into the factor. I am not allowing myself to become caught up in numbers and food. If it takes a long time, it takes a long time. It's okay. I do not need to lose it all in 6 months. (Not to say that wouldn't be wonderful)

I love the flex points thish time. I really hope they don't change it. It's working for me. It allows me to have the special things I want. I was on WW way back when they banked points. I could never get that concept and basically, it's just like the flex points but at least I "GET" it this time.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:31 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

OK, while this is a first go-around for me and I don't fall into the repeat offender catagory, I do want to add my two cents worth! More than anything else, I do believe that the tracking is what's doing it for me. There's no question as to whether I ate well today, or stayed within my points today, it's written down for me to check or refer back to. Even on days when I know I haven't eaten as healthy as I should have, I still didn't go above my points target, so I'm OK. Better if I'd eaten better, but at least the amount is where it should be.

Rosegarden, I'm unfamiliar with any of the programs that WW had before flex/core, other than hearing the names of some of them on this board. It's my understanding, however, that they do change their plans regularly. I think, though, that if flex is working for me, or you, and they change their plan we can still continue with the flex! Don't mess with it if it's not broken!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/226/144

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Thumbs up

I haven't actually had my first WI yet, but I can tell that this time is different for me. This is why:

1. I am totally sold on WW. I've tried EVERYTHING else and nothing but WW works for me.

2. My weight, how much food I put in me, and how much I move are all things that I CAN control. I finally realize that it truly is all up to me.

3. The monthly pass. Now I have NO excuse not to go to my meetings becasue they are already paid for.

4. I am SO WORTH the $9.95. It's an investment in my future and the future of my dc.

I guess to sum it up, I had that mental click. This weekend has been the pits and not once did I console myself with food. I love myself too mcuh to do that. I cried alot, but I did NOT let food make me feel better. (Actually you guys have made me feel better!)

Erika
Closed Thread