Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:21 AM   #1  

Default Dinner Party Sabotage

I need to rant. My girlfriend who is also a WW invited us over at 6:00 for an early Sunday night dinner. She served at 7:45. Her appetizers were not WW conscious though she said she used low-cal sour cream. She served chicken parmagiano (sp?) with thick sauce all mixed together. By the time she served, I was starving. I am surprised that she served such a fattening meal.

I will never take for granted a dinner party invite no matter who is cooking!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I went to a dinner party with girlfriends a couple weekends ago. She served Chicken Parm too. I knew that it would be a rough dinner. So I ate light going in and had saved lots of extra flex points. I had a 1 1/2 lb weight loss that week. So I must have done something right. Just dust yourself off. Write down everything you ate. Claim it and go forward.

The secret to WW is learning to live even with the downfalls and to learn from your mistakes or not even call it a mistake and go forward.

It'll be okay. Sometimes our diet buddies aren't always as good to us as they should be huh?
Old 10-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol28 View Post
I need to rant. My girlfriend who is also a WW invited us over at 6:00 for an early Sunday night dinner. She served at 7:45. Her appetizers were not WW conscious though she said she used low-cal sour cream. She served chicken parmagiano (sp?) with thick sauce all mixed together. By the time she served, I was starving. I am surprised that she served such a fattening meal.

I will never take for granted a dinner party invite no matter who is cooking!
Are you sure that it wasn't friendly? I mean I know I have tons of recipes that people would thing are 'fattening' but they really are health and not that bad.

I would have asked her (unless you did and just didn't say so) about how the meal was fixed or for the recipe saying you absolutely loved it and want to make it (even if it is a little white lie).
Closed Thread