MidMorning Snack - 0 points
Zero Point Veggies or Zero Point Soup

Lunch - 2 Point
Large Salad topped with Salsa + 1 tsp Olive Oil
Zero Point Soup
1 oz String Cheese Stick

Midafternoon Snack - 0 points
Zero Point Veggies

Dinner - Leaves at minimum of 14 daily points for dinner, plus any APs I earn, plus any FPs I may want to use.

***I never went to 20 TPs a day I stayed at 24 nearly my entire weight loss journey so I usually had 19 TPs to use at dining out --- now I get 34 TPs a day + 3-5 APs a day 6 days a week + 35 FPs a week maintianing***
Old 09-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #17  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

I am amazed at the support I am getting. Thank you all very very much! This was just what I needed. More snack/food ideas and people telling me its OK that I am having a hard time.
I adjusted my eating as soon as I got home last night.
We had grilled BBQ Chicken Breast, Ziti with Marinara sauce and a 1/2 cup of FF Cottage Cheese. (The ziti was in a WW book, we just adjusted the recipe for chicken instead of turkey!)
Since I was right at my points, I decided to just eat a pickle for an after dinner snack (Instead of the sherbet I wanted!)
Here's todays menu:
BF- Pineapple and Cantelope with Yoplait Light FF Vanilla Yogurt -4pts
Lunch-Lean Ham on light wheat bread with LF Miracle Whip and a large salad with 1 serving LF Italian dressing and 1 serving of shredded FF Cheese. -5pts
Snack-Banana-2pts
Dinner-Grilled Chicken with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 serving of green beans.-7 pts
Snack-more pineapple and cantelope-2 pts
total pts-20
How does that sound?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #18  
Cowboy Up Chick

I still don't see your healthy oils worked into your plan.

Also remember that your dairy servings for a full serving is 1 cup of yogurt (most Yoplaits are not a full serving they are only 3/4 of a serving) and the cheese needs to be 1 1/2 oz for a full dairy serving.

I will try to find out why you don't want to use your APs?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #19  
Chicken Wings!

Kelly,
I just don't feel like I have enough points a day to waste on taking a teaspoon of oil (yuck!) when I could eat something satisfying instead.
As far as the AP goes, since I never went to WW, and went a month before I even KNEW there were AP, and have lost weight, I decided I might as well not use something I wasn't missing the past month. I do have a calculator, and it is fun to figure out how many points I *could* be using by excersizing, and am proud of myself for not using them! (BTW-I work out 3-4 days a week, weight lifting tris, bis, chest, back, shoulders, hip adductors, and quads 3 sets each of 10 at a weight that tires me which is about 30-40 minutes of weight lifting and then 25 minutes of cardio, either the bike or the elliptical)
I also figured out today that on my "cheat day" I have only been using about 15 points for my 1 dinner, so that means I am technically only using 5 out of my 30 FP a week! On my one FP day, I follow my normal eating routine, except for at dinner-where I eat around 15 points (I normally only eat 10 for dinner-so that's an extra 5 points)
*But when I think about it, since I am sort of "lax" about counting small things like a handful of goldfish at dinner, or 15 pumps out of my ICBINB instead of 3 pumps-maybe I shouldn't try to use my FP all at once-and just keep doing things the way I am?!

I appreciate the support. I wish I had enough money to go to WW, but with paying almost 40 a month for my gym, and still no child support for DD, I am just overwhelmed with bills right now.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #20  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
I just don't feel like I have enough points a day to waste on taking a teaspoon of oil (yuck!) when I could eat something satisfying instead.
You'd be surprised at how much this actually helps with satisfaction. Additionally it helps the skin with retaining elasticity, it helps keep the skin and hair looking healthy. It is not wasted points. Besides your body needs it for processing of oil soluable vitamins. You have the points. Relook at the Points Pies and use those APs and FPs.

Quote:
As far as the AP goes, since I never went to WW, and went a month before I even KNEW there were AP, and have lost weight, I decided I might as well not use something I wasn't missing the past month. I do have a calculator, and it is fun to figure out how many points I *could* be using by excersizing, and am proud of myself for not using them! (BTW-I work out 3-4 days a week, weight lifting tris, bis, chest, back, shoulders, hip adductors, and quads 3 sets each of 10 at a weight that tires me which is about 30-40 minutes of weight lifting and then 25 minutes of cardio, either the bike or the elliptical)
This could be one of the reasons with your frustration on your so called 'slow losses'

Quote:
I also figured out today that on my "cheat day" I have only been using about 15 points for my 1 dinner, so that means I am technically only using 5 out of my 30 FP a week! On my one FP day, I follow my normal eating routine, except for at dinner-where I eat around 15 points (I normally only eat 10 for dinner-so that's an extra 5 points)
So why are you afraid of using them. Most of us find we lose more consistently if not better when we use our points --- all of them.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #21  
Chicken Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_S View Post
You'd be surprised at how much this actually helps with satisfaction. Additionally it helps the skin with retaining elasticity, it helps keep the skin and hair looking healthy. It is not wasted points. Besides your body needs it for processing of oil soluable vitamins. You have the points. Relook at the Points Pies and use those APs and FPs.

This could be one of the reasons with your frustration on your so called 'slow losses'

So why are you afraid of using them. Most of us find we lose more consistently if not better when we use our points --- all of them.
Do you mean I am not working out enough? Or not hard enough? Lifting too many weights? Any suggestions with that are welcome! My boyfriend says he sees a huge difference in my size (mostly my legs) and the measurements sure have moved down too.

Miss Cretia, I have found that the vanilla has the best natural flavor (rather than the strawberry or strawberry banana) and now is the only flavor I'll eat, but if you say the cherry is just as good, I'll try that too! I tried a new WW recipe it was chicken parm, it was GREAT! So we'll probably eat that more also. I can not stomach the thought of eating fish, so we have basically been eating chicken or turkey every night for the past 2 months. And lets face it, there are only so many different ways to make chicken! I did find a WW recipe for goulash on here, so we'll try that out, also. A big thing with the WW cookbooks is it calls for many expensive spices/herbs and oils that we don't have around the house.

I guess I have to realize that I need to be using my full points instead of feeling bad for using them. I have been really feeling angry at myself when I eat anything off my usual diet plan and I have been constantly thinking of making myself throw up after I finish a meal. I doubt I could never do it, but I feel very guilty for eating anything that tastes good. If it tastes good, I automatically feel like I shouldn't have eaten it and it needs to come out. I have to remind myself that I am allowed to eat it, but the thought is never far. "That tasted so good, if I throw it up, I will still feel good because I got to eat it, but don't have to worry about it sticking to my thighs!"

I have never EVER had a problem with my weight, I have been 115-120 up until I got pregnant. I got pregnant at 16, so its hard to tell if motherhood changed my body, or womanhood. I always was able to eat whatever I wanted and not gain a pound, so I feel like the extra 25lbs I gained sort of snuck up on me.

I should be proud of myself for losing 10 lbs in the month I've been on WW, but I have become so consious of what I'm eating, and constantly scruteninzing my body that I am more ashamed now of what I look like than I was 10 lbs ago. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Thank you all for your support, I never imagined myself telling all of this personal stuff and pouring my heart and soul out, but if there was ever a time when I needed someone, it is now. I have found great comfort on this website and I can not thank any of you enough.

Thanks again.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #22  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyPitBull View Post
Do you mean I am not working out enough? Or not hard enough? Lifting too many weights? Any suggestions with that are welcome! My boyfriend says he sees a huge difference in my size (mostly my legs) and the measurements sure have moved down too.
EATING ENOUGH! Is what I mean.

Quote:
I guess I have to realize that I need to be using my full points instead of feeling bad for using them.
W/W is based on a bare minimum so your body can lose and not fall into the starvation mode called Daily aka Target Points. It is also based on giving your body more fuel when it needs it called Activity Points. It is also based on a maximum for the week still allow you to lose called Flex aka Weekly Points. Use these points.

Quote:
I have been really feeling angry at myself when I eat anything off my usual diet plan and I have been constantly thinking of making myself throw up after I finish a meal. I doubt I could never do it, but I feel very guilty for eating anything that tastes good. If it tastes good, I automatically feel like I shouldn't have eaten it and it needs to come out. I have to remind myself that I am allowed to eat it, but the thought is never far. "That tasted so good, if I throw it up, I will still feel good because I got to eat it, but don't have to worry about it sticking to my thighs!"
QUIT THINKING OF IT AS A DIET and think of it as a lifestyle. This plan is allowing you to enjoy the things you like, things that taste good and eating healthy. You don't have to be perfect. Being perfect is what causes one to fail because you are constantly trying to live up to that perfection.

Quote:
I have never EVER had a problem with my weight, I have been 115-120 up until I got pregnant. I got pregnant at 16, so its hard to tell if motherhood changed my body, or womanhood. I always was able to eat whatever I wanted and not gain a pound, so I feel like the extra 25lbs I gained sort of snuck up on me.
Motherhood and age is what changed your body.

Quote:
I should be proud of myself for losing 10 lbs in the month I've been on WW, but I have become so consious of what I'm eating, and constantly scruteninzing my body that I am more ashamed now of what I look like than I was 10 lbs ago. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
10 pounds in a month is above the average of .5-2 pounds a month losses that W/W recommends however that first week you probably had a lot of water losses along with the fat losses. Also unless you are extremely short 145 isn't FAT! I am 5'4" and my goal weight (set by my doctor) is 150.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #23  
Chicken Wings!

Kelly,
Thank you for responding so quickly. I went to the store yesterday when I got out of work and bought string cheese, cottage cheese, and more fruits. We also have olive oil and canola oil, so I wll start putting one in with my salad at lunch.

I also told my boyfriend that I have been undercalculating my dinner on Friday nights, and he was glad to hear that I will be able to use a few extra points throughout the week. (probably so he doesn't have to hear me complain about it all week! lol)

I was just asking about the exercise because no one ever told me what to do, but I am doing what feels right, so again, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Its hard to say if the 10lbs is from WW or the 1200 calorie diet I jumped in to the month before, I was told that it usually takes about a month to start seeing the scale move, and it was almost to the day a month later that I lost like 4 pounds (and only about 3 days in to WW) so again, it has been 2 months since I've been eating better, and not sure when the weight started to really change.

I am 5'2, I hold most of my weight on my belly and thighs, sad for me, I am so short, that the bigger your waist, the clothes companies think you are taller,and I have a hard time finding clothes to fit me!

My ideal weight would be between 125-130, that is where I feel most comfortable.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

My 2 cents (even though Kelly S and Miss Cretia have much more experience than I)

I'm going to take a few pieces of yesterday's posts and respond:

Quote:
A big thing with the WW cookbooks is it calls for many expensive spices/herbs and oils that we don't have around the house.
Go find the old Weight Watchers Homestyle Recipes book - it's available on ebay or other stores online at a reduced price. It uses what you generally have available at home. Every recipe has fat/fiber/calories in it so you can easily convert

Quote:
Totally normal to obsess in the beginning - obsess with how you look, what you eat, the whole nine yards. That's what this program is about. Determining what got you there in the first place and how to fix it. It will get better. I promise.

Bravo what Kelly S said:
Quote:
QUIT THINKING OF IT AS A DIET and think of it as a lifestyle. This plan is allowing you to enjoy the things you like, things that taste good and eating healthy. You don't have to be perfect. Being perfect is what causes one to fail because you are constantly trying to live up to that perfection
Kelly's been around for a lot of years and she probably doesn't know this but I have searched for her threads since 1999 here and at the WW site cuz she is so knowledgeable. She has helped me through many issues. Listen to her.

Quote:
Thank you for responding so quickly. I went to the store yesterday when I got out of work and bought string cheese, cottage cheese, and more fruits. We also have olive oil and canola oil, so I wll start putting one in with my salad at lunch.
Again, another BRAVO. You read what was advised and you acted on it. This program is about evaluating and re-evaluating what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong and/or what you could do better at. NONE of us are perfect.

Miss Cretain said:
Quote:
Weight loss is NEVER important to the point of messing up your body systems to get there.
My DH was HEAVY after we got married and had our first child. Somewhere along the way he decided he was going to crash diet and lived on tuna, rice and salsa for 6 months. He lost weight but he also triggered his diabetes, a horrible irritable bowel problem and other issues that are with him today 20 years later. It has not been pleasant to try to get him healthy and we realize he will never be truly healthy again. DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!

Miss Cretia said:
Quote:
We have to support each other and keep pushing to reach our goals. We can look back on what we've done and think "I did that" and smile. Something to be proud of.
WW teaches us to make short term goals first (even mini ones). Don't think of it as I have to lose 100 lbs or 50 lbs.. Start w/ a 15 lb goal, then another 25, etc.. Most people look at my weight goals on this board and think "she doesn't know what its really like to be big". I had a comment similar to that on one of the other discussions. BUT, one thing about it is in 1999 I weighed 199 lbs. So I have been there. AND believe me I haven't forgotten. I felt desperate too, but don't hurt yourself in the process. Be encouraged and keep your head up and feet movin'!!
ABSOLUTELY - I so admire those who keep at it and have kept the faith. It's the journey that we win at, not the destination.

Keep us up to date on your progress Pitbull and we'll be here for you
Old 10-01-2006, 08:25 AM   #25  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Lightbulb Where Are You Pitbull?

Here's a recipe for you that I posted elsewhere in the WW forum:
I made this awesome potato soup yesterday. 4 white potatoes (you boil them first (not hard) and then you have to kinda churn if you have a hand beater) - remember to leave some chunks of potato in it, 3/4 can chicken broth, a tsp of flour (mix this w/ the broth- heated first as to not have lumps), FF margarine, FF sour cream, FF cheese, 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup, black pepper, season w/ salt, garlic powder & a little accent.. Now I did sprinkle bacon bits & parm cheese on top (only because I had extra points leftover for the week); but that's so little points compared.. (This soup tastes like a baked potato but it's soup and it goes farther). I had that soup w/ 93/7 fat ground beef steak seasoned w/ lipton onion soup mix..

I hope to hear from you soon; and I hope you are taking care of yourself!! Have a great week & keep your head up!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #26  
Chicken Wings!

Miss Cretia,
Thank you for checking up on me. I have been doing alright, I feel like I've already hit a plateau, and I'm getting more discouraged by the day. ( I hate whining-I really do!) I have made a serious effort to eat more healthy foods according to the Pie Chart, and have even started doing an extra 10 minutes of cardio. The lowest the scale has gone is 139.8 and fluctuates around 140 but never above 141. (I've now been at 140 for about 1 week)
What happens to people on WW who have this happen? Its not like CC where you can drop your calories accordingly.
Thank you for the recipe!
Old 10-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #27  
Working My Way Back Down

At the risk of beating this subject to death , I'll throw in my two cents.

1. You NEED to eat some good fats. Every single time I cut mine down, I stopped losing. Don't like oil on your salad, add 1/4 of an avocado. Saute your veggies in olive oil.

2. Your body needs fuel to operate. It needs more fuel if you're exercising a lot (which it sounds like you are). Really, if you eat more - not a lot more, and healthy foods - you'll lose. You've trained your body to operate very efficiently on very few calories. Cutting your calories further is not going to work. WW "allows" up to 4 activity points, I'd try using them if I were you.

3. Milk/dairy servings. I'm not as rabid as some people here about having to have these (I take calcium supplements to be sure I get enough), but a glass of milk, or a cup of yogurt has protein as well as calcium and is a good filling snack. Cottage cheese is excellent for protein but unless you can find an enriched brand, doesn't have as much calcium (hence, doesn't count as a milk on WW). I love cc mixed with fruit, preferably fresh.

4. You didn't mention much about veggies. They're pretty much "free" on WW and even those that aren't aren't really high in points. I make a really good pasta sauce with sauteed zucchini, onions and peppers, then add a can of stewed tomatoes and cook til it's all soft and thickened. You can use it as is or blend it to make it more sauce-like. Only points are for the oil used for sauteeing.

So all this boils down to this. Try using all your points, including activity points and flex points, for a month (very hard I know, but try) and see if you don't start losing again.
Closed Thread