Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/238/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Back at WW and ready to work!

Hi, I posted on the 100 lb board and did not get a single reply, so I thought I would try here. I am not very computer savvy and have none of the cute little counters and such that others have. I was actually on 3 Fat Chicks YEARS ago and found great support.

I rejoined three weeks ago for the 5th time and this time my entire mindset is different. The first time I joined I did very well- not to goal- but about 40 pounds less than I am right now. And then my leader left and I quit! What a stupid reason. THis time it is FOR ME. NO husband anymore- divorced. No boyfriend anymore- broke up with him 3 months ago. I have three beautiful kids- but it's not for them either, it's for me.

I have been staying on track, journaling, exercising, drinking my water, and yet my second week I only lost .2 pounds! FRUSTRATING.

MY total WW loss so far is 6.2- I actually lost a bit on my own before rejoining.

I would LOVE to find a buddy- or several- to keep me accountable. I have over 100 lbs to lose and I don't think I can do this on my own.

Anyone else need a buddy?

Kathi
265/246/140
Old 07-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #2  

I figured out how to get a "ticker"- wow- I'm a genius!

Kathi
Old 07-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #3  
banned

hi kathi!
welcome! dont beat yourself up oveer quitting-some ppl are attatched to their leader i know i am i will only go to her. good luck!
Old 07-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #4  

Thanks! I am determined not to let negativity ruin this journey for me. I am trying the "Wendie Plan" this week. This makes a lot of sense to me as the "old" way of doing the points gave you a range and whenever people weren't losing the leaders would always tell them to eat towards the high end of their points. Because I was not even using any of my extra 35 points, I think I was not eating ENOUGH points! We shall see. I weigh in on Thursday AM.

Kathi
Old 07-09-2006, 08:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

Hey Kathi, I was in the same boat, I had a great group of ladies that had a support group and when the leader left. I tried to take over as leader well, everyone in the group left so for weeks I was on my own. Then I just quit. But now I am back and I am ready to get this weight off once and for all. So if you need a buddy I am in. I am a mother of 2 DD-3 DS-11 and my DH works ALL the time, Glad to see you haven't given up on your dreams either.
Stacey
Old 07-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #6  

Stacey- DEFINITELY want a buddy!! My kids are: DS-17, DD- 15, DD-10. I am divorced, so being a single mom is absolutely CRAZY. I have two working and all three in various activities. And my son doesn't have his license yet (he needs more time to get comfortable with HIghway driving) so I am TAXI woman! And then, when they are with their dad, my life goes from chaos to "nothing". The time that I used to spend with my boyfriend (of 3 yrs) is now spent primarily by myself- and I am LIKING it! I have never enjoyed being alone before. I am trying to view it as a necessary "decompression period" after the sometimes very stressful time with the kids and work.

If your hubby works a lot then you know what it is like to be a "single mom". My friend is in that position (w/3 kids) and I feel so sorry for her because she doesn't get the days when the kids are "at their dad's house"! And I see her anxiety shoot through the roof sometimes.

I see you live in NC- I have always said that I would like to live there, or SC. I lived in Florida for 8 years (13-21) and I miss the ocean. But, I don't want to live in Florida again. The Carolinas are so rich with history and the people are so friendly- plus you get at least a little bit of seasonal changes. Minnesota is GORGEOUS in the summer and I would never want to be anyplace else, but the winters- those I could do without!

Kathi
Old 07-12-2006, 10:39 AM   #7  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 306/283/186

Height: 5'6"

Hello. I've been back on WW after being off for a long while. I've weighed in twice now, for a total loss of 11 pounds!! I weigh in on Sat. mornings. I've checked a few sites out and would really like to join in with you all. Don't think you'll mind??!!

I'm really excited about losing weight this time, and have the support of a close friend who's also attending WW with me. I'm doing WW this time for ME! I'm determined to become a healthier person - and at this point, am still looking forward to weigh-ins!

My 7 yr old is at Cub Scout Day Camp this week - I've got a few extra hours to myself and thought this would be the best time to try to figure out how to work these "threads"...
Old 07-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #8  

NevisIslandTime- Welcome! I am jealous of your 11 pounds lost in two weeks! I will have my fourth WW weigh in tomorrow and so far I have only lost 6.2 through this round (The additional weight I lost was from WW last year- put a bit back on and lost it again before joining this last time at 252.2). I am bummed because I just started TOM and when I peeked at the scale this morning, it looks like I gained! I have been doing the "Wendi Plan" this week which has you mix up your points- using the extra weekly points. Things were going well and I was getting really excited and now this. I am not depressed, but I just wish this was going faster!!

I thought with being so overweight- and being SO GOOD about sticking to the program-I would have had bigger losses.

I am going to Florida next week for a two week vacation. We are going to see lots of friends and family and will be staying on the beach on the Gulf side for a week. I am nervous about running around the beach with all these people who are skinnnier than I am -including my mother! But, I know that the whole thing is my problem and none of them (except my mom) care that I am overweight.

My daughter will be in Girl Scout Day Camp next week for three days before we leave for Florida.

Hope you are having a good day!

Kathi
Old 07-12-2006, 11:41 AM   #9  
LAWL since 11/8/06

S/C/G: 197/191.4/120

Height: 4'10.5"

Kathi- I would love to have a buddy for this journey. I'm new to the site and haven't figured everything out yet. I rejoined WW yesturday for the upteenth time- I never really give it a chance but I do think it is a good program. I weighed 191 today need to lose about 70 lbs. (I'm only 4'10 1/2"- can't forget that half especially since ds who is 9 is about 6 inches shorter)
Old 07-13-2006, 12:00 AM   #10  

Jormom- Glad you are here. I know what you mean about "not giving it a chance" the 3 times I rejoined, in between the first time and this time, I only lasted a couple of weeks., I see now why they have started the "16 week" award. I think if you stick around for 16 weeks you will probably stick around for quite a while.

I weigh in tomorrow and I am a little nervous as, not only is it TOM, but I also ate some stuff for lunch that may have put me over my points. I swear, it is just so hard to eat out anywhere that doesn't list points or nutrition. I have absolutely no idea how bad I did. But, I have been doing great the rest of the day. I am trying to "trick" my body into letting go of the water it loves to hoard at this time. I have drank so much I feel like I am going to float away! I am just trying to prepare myself for the gain I will most likely have tomorrow. In the past, this is right about the time I would quit- when I knew I had a gain and I just didn't want to face it. I feel like if I go and face it, it will be a huge victory for me!

Kathi
Old 07-13-2006, 06:16 PM   #11  

Just thought I would post and say I had a two pound loss today! So, I am very glad I made myself go to the meeting!

Kathi
Old 07-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #12  
Elizabeth

Kathi - That's terrific! You should be proud of yourself! My son stayed home froim camp today - too much rain - and he's now afraid of thunder (a neighbor's house was struck by lightening on Mother's Day-) We didn't do much today, and it was hard to stay out of the kitchen! We did go grocery shopping tonight, and I bought the ingredients for Veggie Chili - great to have a pot of that around... had leftover Diet Coke Chicken in a wrap for supper - ended up staying OP all day....much to my surprise. I've a friend who's joined with me - and we check in on each other daily. Tomorrow a.m. we're planning on walking as the rain has finally stopped. Keep those positive thoughts - I think together we can all make it happen....
Old 07-13-2006, 10:09 PM   #13  
Elizabeth

BY the by, how did you get your "ticker"?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:21 PM   #14  
Elizabeth

OMG!! I'm obviously smarter than I thought!! I found the ticker choices!!
Now, if I can just stay on-plan -
Old 07-13-2006, 11:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

everyone!!!!! We are glad you are here. Much luck to all of you on your new lifestyle changes!!!! I love weight watchers because it works and I do not feel deprived. This website has offered soooooo much encouragement to me and I also love to encourage others as well. I hope to talk to all of you soon.
Closed Thread