Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 05:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/238/140

Height: 5'5"

NIT (NevisIslandTime-this will be my nickame for you!)- Congrats on figuring out the ticker! I thought it would be some big complicated thing- but nope- pretty easy! Also, congrats on staying OP for your rainy day. I have to leave in about two minutes to go raise money for my daughter's girl scout troop!

Talk to you later!

Kathi
Old 07-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #17  
LAWL since 11/8/06

S/C/G: 197/191.4/120

Height: 4'10.5"

kathi- Glad you stayed with it. My weighin day shd be Tues. although i may have to switch it to Wed. I'm trying to make changes. I need to add exercising in. I know what you mean about eating out so I try to go to places where I can account for food and I find it easier to eat in where you can control it. Right now, with barbeque season there is alot of food I like on the grill.Keep sticking with it- My ds friend's mom has looks great and she is my age.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:16 AM   #18  
LAWL since 11/8/06

By the way I'm still figuring things out so maybe you guys can help me and let me know how to get the ticker- Thanks
Old 07-15-2006, 08:31 AM   #19  
LAWL since 11/8/06

Never mind guys- I looked at yours and figured it out.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:48 PM   #20  

Jormom- I am very much in the "zone" as they say. Not that I am losing like crazy, but I am just feeling good about what I am doing. It would be nice if SOMEONE asked if I had lost weight, but I can't really expect that this soon in the game. I mean, I have only lost 8.2 since I rejoined in June and the rest had come off over a long period of time. I also have fluctuated between 235-265 for the past three years, so people probably won't even notice that I have lost until I get under 230. And THAT is really my first mini-goal.

I know I have my Labor Day Goal, but once I break 230, then I will be in territory I haven't been in for about 6 years. And when I break 203, then I will have gone past what I got down to when I lost the FIRST time I joined WW. And when I pass 183 then I will be less than my ex-husband or my children have ever seen me! (that is what I weighed when I met him) And when I reach 170, then I will be at the wieght I was when I moved back to Minnesota to finish up my BA at the U of M.

As you can see, I know what I weighed at every major moment in my life. And, you can also see, that I have been overweight for a very long time.

Kathi
Old 07-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Hi Kathi!
I just wanted to invite the other ladies- jormom, stayc and nevisislandtime to come on over to the Labor Day Challenge!
Everyone is welcome and it might just be the challenge that you need!
Congratulations everyone making the commitment to try again! I know I have many times over. This is my first time with Weight Watchers and I really enjoy the flexibility with the flex plan.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #22  

I agree- you should all join the Labor Day Challenge. I know there is only about 6 weeks to go- so make a small goal. IT's fun to be able to celebrate these small victories!

I'm off to a day at the Mall of America and Valley Fair! LOTS of walking, but not very good food choices. Wish me luck!

Kathi
Old 07-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #23  
aint misbehaving

S/C/G: 194/ 189 / 145

Height: 5'6

Hi All, I'm Bren and I'm new to this thread but since I am going back to ww this week, thought a good place to join in. I'm a lifetime member who in the last 3 years has "fallen off the wagon" so to speak. Meet my goal weight in 2001 and did great for a number of years. When I found out my husband had parkinsons and a number of other illnesses, plus having a now 13 yr old boy, and stressful job, FOOD was the thing I used to fill this void I have...
BUT I am ready to start again. Hope to find a meeting with a motivational leader (works best for me if they have a good sense of humor) and get this 40 plus pounds off. Looking forward to hearing about your sucesses....
Old 07-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #24  

Bren- WELCOME! How much did you lose to get to goal the first time?

I am sorry to hear about your husband- that is a tragic disease. I am sure that must be very hard on you. But, you are right, you need to focus on you a little bit!

We will do all we can to help you reach your goal-AGAIN!

Kathi
Old 07-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #25  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Girls you all sound so upbeat I would like to join in if you don't mind. I am not on ww though. I count my calories but gear towards the same ideas as ww. I also would be interested in learning more about it if you don't mind? Kathi how do you get the ticker to work?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Bren and cacmsc: Congratulations on reaffirming and getting to taking care of yourselves. I know that exercising helps me relieve a lot of stress. I start out in the morning and walk either at home or at the park. I get up early so I can do it. It revs me up for the day. A lot of mornings I have to make myself get out of that recliner and let go of that cup of coffee, but once I get started, I feel great when I finish.
I also try to walk in the evening for 30-45 minutes to let go of the days stress. It really helps me.
This morning I fixed a pretty good breakfast bagel that I liked.
I call it an Italian breakfast bagal
1 plain Fleischers Carb trimmers bagel- 1pt (80 or 90 calories)
2 slices 2% american cheese- 2 points (not sure of calories)
2 thin slices tomato- 0 points
1 tsp parmesan cheese- 0 points
salt, pepper and italian seasoning

First toast the bagel lightly
Second on each bagel half take 1 of the slices of cheese and divide in 3 strips, place two of the strips on the bagel, then the slice of tomatoe, the other strip of cheese, small amt of salt pepper and italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon of parmeson. Broil under broiler until cheese is melted.
Tastes great and is about 3 points.
Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:22 AM   #27  

That bagel sounds yummy!

Welcome, CACMSC! To get a ticker all you have to do is click on one of mine and it will take you to the "walk through", once you have made your choices you "cut and paste" the info in the box and then add that to your "signature". To edit your signature you just go to the User CP. Your "signature" will automatically be added to the end of every post of your. To update your ticker, you just go to your "signature" page and change the numbers. I am NOT a computer savvy person, but even I figured it out!!

I am glad you have decided to join us! If you want to know about WW, just ask. It is an incredibly simple program and it gives you the tools to figure out how to balance your eating.

Kathi
Closed Thread