Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

After a brief cooling yesterday we've gotten hit with 92 degrees and high humidity! I went to the Wellness Center at noon to walk and it wasn't too bad--breeze blowing, humid but not unbearable; came out of the Center and could barely breathe, broke a sweat walking only 1 1/2 blocks...it's gross outside! Lisa:, this really reminds me of FL in July where you run from car to house/work/store!

Another quiet day here on the work front...only one more day and then I'm off. DS #1 is not going with us on our long trip--he's starting his training at the Wellness Center and is conscientious about starting. It will be odd only have our younger son but at the same time it will give us some nice quality time with him. It's kind of bittersweet but I think I'm more melancholy because I'm in the PMS mode It'll be fine once we get on the road.

Temps are supposed to break later on and tomorrow is supposed to be cooler and the weekend pleasant. DH and I are planning a road trip to Trader Joe's next Saturday and I'm going to stock up on the light banana crisps, roasted corn & pepper soup, and the sweet & salty trail mix...I'll also get a few other soups. They're great to have on hand for lunches.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctor for my blood pressure check and I'm going to talk with her about the bp med giving me a cough and see if it can be switched. It's been so irritating! Not much else going on here...

Hi to Lala, Lisa, Susan, Pam, Austin, & Julie! Hope you're all staying cool!
Old 07-20-2006, 04:02 PM   #17  
Ready to Offer Support!

Hi, all

Is it Friday yet? I'm so ready for the weekend.

Melissa - your planned trip to TJ sounds yummy. I don't think we have those stores here in Texas, but I think Whole Foods is similar. I think I'll try to make a trip to Whole Foods this weekend - you have inspired me! Scary about the BP meds giving you a cough - is that a known side effect of these meds? I know what you mean about the walking - DD and I took a 1.8 mile walk this morning - it was already 94 degrees by 10 am and very humid. icky.

Lala - Hope you are having fun in Colorado.

Lisa - Your story about "your job is safe ... we have to let you go" is the worst-case scenario that I keep playing out in my mind. I should be safe, given my performance reviews in the past couple years, but I still won't feel safe until I know for sure that the danger has passed. Turns out that we won't likely know for sure whether our jobs are safe or not until the end of September. Yuck.

Didn't have the spaghetti last night - went out to eat instead. So, pasta is on the menu for tonight. Guess I'll go try to get some work done and not worry about my job (hah!)

Hi to everybody else.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #18  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, that is hot for your area. Did you hear about the freak storm that hit St. Louis? That was scary--they had hurricane force winds! Wait a minute, that sounds like Florida. Again, I wish we had Trader Joe's here. I hope you enjoy your trip. I'm starting to count down the days till my vacation (need it bad).

Austin, that is so strange about the spaghetti. I was going to make that tonight and someone gave me two leftover box lunches at work, so I'm taking them home for dinner. Gives me more time to work on the never-ending yard project. I'm sorry to bring up my story about the layoffs; I certainly didn't mean to scare you. You're probably fine. I think it's cruel to make you wait till September.
lala, how's Boulder? Is it hot there?

Tomorrow is our Friday off. I'm getting my hair colored. Then golf with DH and on Sunday we're both in a golf tournament. So...lots of golf. In between games I need to do some housework other chores. We're also going to see a play on Friday night.

Hi, Susan, Pam, Julie.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #19  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Its hot and muggy. It just rained torrentially on my way back from my meeting. I brought flip flops to change into as I was wearing suede shoes.

Good thing.

Now I'm in my hotel room waiting to meet a bud from flyertalk for dinner. I'm tired and right now DP and some other friends in Seattle are doing some crisis intervention for a old work colleague who is about to be evicted from his apartment and become homeless.

Its a sad, sad, situation.

Austin - Whole Foods is more expensive than TJ's but a good start.

Melissa - where are you going?

Lisa - I'll also send you a care package if you want. How goes the yard project?

Hi to Susan and Julie and others out there.

I'm pooped and tired and sort of cranky. I wish I had arranged to go home tonight, at least my upgrade would have cleared.

lala
Old 07-21-2006, 01:47 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick note before I leave at 2 p.m. today. I'm so excited about being away for a week!

We're heading to N. Tonawanda (NY) for the weekend to visit my cousin & go to the Canalfest. We'll come home on Sunday, do a little laundry and then get things together to leave Monday morning. We're heading to Gettysburg and then to Hershey/Harrisburg area. We've got a few things we want to see but for the most part we're not on a "schedule" and if something sparks our interest we'll take it in. I know we're probably going to go to Indian Echo Caverns one day--temps are a cool 52 in the cavern. I looked at the forecast for next week and the area is supposed to be in the high 80's.

Went to the doctor this morning and got a good report on BP (116/78) and she is going to try me on a different med and hopefully that'll help with the cough. She said that the cough is normal but we can try another ace inhibitor. We'll see if that helps. I sure hope so because the cough has been so annoying!

Well ladies, I don't know if I'll be able to check in next week so don't worry if you don't hear from me Have a great week!
Closed Thread