Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/238/140

Height: 5'5"

Great news, I actually managed to lose a pound at WI today! I am WAY behind on my Labor Day Challenge, but I think I am ready to get back into thinsg full swing!

Kathi
Old 10-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #17  
Merrie

Default Lifetimer rejoins

I'm a WW lifetimer who has been unsuccessful for years and have tried joining over and over. Now my weight has ballooned up over 100 extra pounds and I feel overwhelmed. In the last month I tried the South Beach Program and in one full month lost less than 4 pounds, I was concerned that the SB wasn't the healthiest program for me and Friday evening while driving past the WW meeting area I parked and went in.
When I met Lifetime it was 20+ years ago and (I had to lose 40LBS. to reach LT, how I wish it was that way now) it seems like so very much has changed. Due to some health problems I will not be able to do much exercise.
Every morning starts off with wondering what I should be eating, I just feel toatlling overwhelmed about everything, perhaps due to menopause. I desperately do not want to feel physically or mentally like this anymore. Blessings, Mary
Old 10-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #18  
Doing this for life~

S/C/G: 148/ticker/135

Height: 5'9"

hi! I just joined WW this last friday but moved my meetings to mondays-and I just lost 3.2lbs! In 3 days! Well, it must be water, but something must have been fat! I went to Applebee's (ww meal) yesterday and the day before I went to a mini-cookout, and I have definitly not been depriving myself. I lost 10lbs on it way back when, but the meeting place was too far so I stopped, and I've tried everything to lose, but I just couldn't do it on my own without gaining it back!

So welcome everyone who is up to WW again. I love the program and I hope you all do too. Lets share our progress together!

I am on thr Flex, anyone try the Core?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #19  
Merrie

Default Core vs Flex

I'm currently on the Flex (1st week), however at the WW meeting the leader was really pushing Core. Core is what she uses and she loves it, however she does not seem to be the type of cook that I am. She was talking about using lots of bulgar and other grains I'm not familiar with. I'm just hoping I lose !
Old 10-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #20  
I'll look like this again

S/C/G: 294/285.5/145

Height: 5'7"

Mary, welcome. I know what you mean about rejoining - I could wallpaper a room with all my WI cards! Unlike you, though, I never reached goal. This time I'm sticking with it to the end; either I reach goal or I'll be dead, whichever comes first.

I'm not attending meetings, I use the WW Veggie Board and another online group for support, as well as 3FC. As far as exercise, just do what you can. I know there are exercises you can do while seated, if you are having back or leg issues.

I hate it when a leader pushes one method over another, they should be unbiased IMHO, no matter which one they are using. If you ever get into whole grain eating, Core may be for you in the future, don't worry about it now. As far as being overwhelmed by what to eat, start with the basics. Write out a week's worth of meals along with their point values and stick with those meals. This is what I had to do in the beginning. I found it helps my grocery budget, too, since I'm not heading to the store every day .

Anywho, I believe my email address is in my profile if you ever feel like more support!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #21  
Merrie

Write out a week's worth of meals along with their point values and stick with those meals.

That is an excellant idea for me, last night (due to not planning ahead)I ended up eating a meal with my husband and son that was not on plan. My head seems to be spinning due to coming off the South Beach program (did not work for me) and now trying to get adjusted to the new ww plan. Thank you for your kind suggestions. I know this is workable if I just get my mind made up...
Closed Thread