Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:03 PM   #1  

Question My weakness...

We've all got weaknesses... whats yours?? And what type of thoughts can keep us on track whenever we have cravings for them?

My weakness is hashbrowns... I LOVE them... and they're SO BAD for you! I'm home for the summer now, but when I'm down at school they're on the buffet lines in the dining halls, and I swear they SPEAK to me. I definitely fell off the wagon this past year at college, (partially because of the hashbrowns and partially because its so hard to do WW when all you have is buffet food and no nutritional facts... and no way of getting to a super market) but I'm already back on the wagon and stayin strong... I just don't want to fall off again come August when the hashbrowns start yapping at me again in the breakfast lines. What will I do??

--Christine
Old 05-31-2006, 08:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217.8 / 172 / 140

reeses peanut butter cups. but only the original or the new caramel...not a fan of the white chocolate or fudge...but yeah - in fact, i just had a mini r.p.b.cup from my freezer not even 2 seconds ago!!!!

if these had no calories, i literally COULD and WOULD live off of em.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Pastries - muffins, chocolate croissants, cupcakes, apple danishes, etc.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:53 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Buttertarts! I eat one once in while now but I used to eat them on a weekly basis.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

PopTarts...Especially Strawberry or the Brown Sugar.

They should be their own food group.

When I first started dieting I almost died when I read the box and found out that a serving was one tart not one packet. That is as stupid as bottles of soda. Instead of just putting the calories for 1 serving please tell me the calories for the bottle so I know what I am getting myself into before I start chugging away.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:05 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had a big weakness for bread. Basically any type, just loved it. I gave it up completely because I had no control where it was concerned. Of course, I used a lot of butter on it too which made it even worse.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:38 PM   #7  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

LOL everything mentioned above and...
carvel ice cream, (vanilla)
ziti and meatballs
pizza
Old 05-31-2006, 11:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

chocolate, ice cream, and pizza oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:17 PM   #9  
si, si signora

gerard mulot rochers and really sharp english cheddar, thankfully both cannot be procured easily

recently, green tea lattes, which can be procured easily, so I'm being very careful when faced by one
Old 05-31-2006, 11:18 PM   #10  
banned

everything mentioned above esp reeses and pizza. i usually allow both 1x a week 1 pack of reeses and 2 sl pizza
Old 06-01-2006, 02:10 AM   #11  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
whats yours?? And what type of thoughts can keep us on track whenever we have cravings for them?
Pasta, noodles, rice... Carbs! You can practically top those with pert near anything and they automatically become my Favorite! I lose all sight of proper portion control. I can eat 2-3 servings in one helping and still go back for another serving because it tasted so good. You would of thought my dog died when I learned what a proper serving was and how it looked.

I have no thoughts to keep me on track or for when cravings strike. I can only minimize the damage by maximizing there heath content before hand. For intstance, switching to whole wheat pasta and noodles, basmati for rice ( I still cant get brown rice here yet, but am hopeful that one day.)

I have switched everyone of my high fatty, caloric comfort recipes to healthier, just as flavorful renditions. I make sure to add bulkier, fiber filled veggies into every sauce. Be it broccoli, cauliflower, carrots or all three. Broccoli is my favorite all around vegggies because it goes with everything from sweet to savory! If I want tangy I toss in artichoke hearts. Veggies like onions, green onions, canned mushrooms, shallots I dont count. To me there a staple in most dishes an automatic toss.

I can't serve pasta as a main meal. For me its fatal. If we are having "Spaghetti" for dinner its an accompaniment, a side dish.

No pasta hits my table without a huge a garden salad there first. My new game being, for every serving of pasta I eat, I have to eat twice that amount in salad First. That includes second helpings as well.

As you can probably tell by now, I can't give up my pasta, but I also can't give in! Learning to control what I can before my can'ts control me.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #12  
In it for life!

Well, let's see. Chips and rotel cheese dip top the list, followed closely by those HUGE chocolate malted milk balls. Big
Old 06-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Swiss chocolate with the hazelnut in them. I never bought it often before I was dieting, but I have been known to eat an entire box of these (30 chocolates or so) in a single day. And that's exactally why I never bought them often!!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #14  
Collie Mommie

Peanut butter and cheese - but not together. I try not to buy jars of peanut butter b/c I cannot resist digging in a spoon and scooping out about 4 tablespoons for a snack. I also have to bury the cheese in the back of the deli drawer, so it is not staring at me when I open the fridge.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Oooh!!!! Chips and rotel, yummy!!! me too.
But also a trigger for me lately is FF pringles. I can eat a whole can in a sitting. I have to really limit them in my house.
I also love mashed potatoes and gravy!!
Creamed corn with lots of butter
Baked potatoes with added butter and sour cream!
OK, that's enough. I'm making myself salivate!!!! lol!!!
Closed Thread