Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm back!

Hello! I used to frequent this forum about a year and 1/2 ago. I doubt anyone I knew is still here, so I'm introducing myself again. My name is Rochelle. I'm 36 and live in MN with my 2 beautiful daughters and my wonderful, very fit hubby. (That's where the name comes from. Next to him I feel like Jack Sprat's Wife.)

When I was here before I had lost 27 lbs and was 9 lbs away from my goal weight. Then I got pregnant! I was going through a rough time too because we'd just found out that my mom had a very advanced stage of bladder cancer. She moved in with me and I took care of her. She passed away peacefully last February and I'm doing well now, but it was a very stressful time. And I am an emotonal eater. (I'll bet a few of you can relate!) So, I put on a whopping 50 lbs during my pregnancy!!!

Well, it's been 4 weeks since I gave birth to a healthy beautiful baby girl. (We named her Serenity Jane and she was 9 lbs, 7 oz!) I've already lost 30 lbs! Yay! But I've got a few goals to reach.

My first goal is to get down to 164 so that I'll no longer be considered obese. I'm 1 lb away from that goal, so hopefully I'll reach that this week.

Then I want to reach 145 - my pre-pregnancy weight.

After that it's 136 -- when I'll no longer be considered overweight.

My ultimate goal is 130. I'll feel thin!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and supporting and motivating each other! Good luck with your goals everyone!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back! I'm pretty new here, so I wasn't around when you were first here. I love how you set up your goals! I think I will have to do the same. The short term goals set up around positive milestones is a great idea!

Where did you find out the exact weights for everything? (no longer considered obese and no longer considered overweight)
Old 05-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2"

I did a search for BMI calculators on the Internet -- I think they may even have one on this site. They ask for your weight and height and give you a score. Then they tell you if your obese, overweight, or normal. I just kept punching in lower and lower weights for my height until it got me out of the obese and overweight categories.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you and congrats on losing 14 lbs!
Closed Thread