Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254.5/243/155

Default Help!!!! Should I be using my activity points?

I am wondering if I should be taking advantage of my activity points? I seem to be going pretty slow with my weight loss and I have been staying on program very well!! I am 25 years old and started weight watchers at home eight weeks ago. I started at 254.5 pounds and am now at 237 pounds. A loss of 17.5 pounds. I'm not complaining but I have been working out the last few weeks and my weight loss has slowed down. I have been doing 30-40 minutes on the treadmill walking at a very brisk pace five days a week and have been doing nautilius three days a week. My question is should I be eating my activity points? I haven't because it seems like it would take away some of the benefit of the exercise? Why eat more if I am trying to lose weight? Please help!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #2  

YES!!!!!!!! You should eat at least some of them if not all. Your body needs the fuel. Just be honest with your calculation. Walking won't yeild you high intensity. High would be competative running or swimming, so don;t give yourself too many..moderate is good. That way you aren't eating too many.

WW gives them to you AP's and FP's for a reason. If they would make you gain they wouldn't give them to you right? Your current weightloss isn't slow at all. WW recommends a half to two pounds a week. You are well within the recomended range. Too many people expect far too much. Take your time, you are doing GREAT!!!!! Way to go on getting that exercise in!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254.5/243/155

Thank you so much for your response! The support here is just wonderful! This week I will use the extra points for my excercise and see where I am at the end of the week! Thanks again!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #4  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

I too did not know if I should use activity points. I started out using them on a not so good for you drink from Starbucks. After realizing that I was not doing myself any favors, I quit using them all together. Over the past month or so, I have started to use them again. But, only if I feel I really need them. I work out with a trainer 3 days a week. If I leave the gym and feel light headed or hungry, I eat a healthy snack and consume my points there. I often eat low fat cottage cheese and fruit. It helps my muscles recover from the workout. I still see an average loss when I use them and when I don't. My suggestion would be this....listen to your body. If you need it, use it. If you don't need it, don't use it. Good luck!!! You are on the right track.
Closed Thread