Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #1  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Smile Hi, new and starting weight watchers...

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow morning I am going to start Weight Watchers Points system. I have made 3 attempts at starting the Atkins diet but just can't seem to make it past the first or second day without cheating...I just don't feel satisfied. I really don't think I could make Atkins a way of life for me. The girls on the low carb forum are great and were very supportive but I am going to switch to WW. I have lost on WW before using the selection plan so I know I can do it and with the points system it will be much easier to count foods. I am 34 with 2 boys and I am looking to lose around 30 pounds. I think with all of your support and information I will not feel alone doing this.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and good luck!!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Hi!
I've tried Atkins on a couple of occaisions, but just didn't seem to have much luck with it. I love the variety of Weight Watchers with the points. I've been on it for 4 weeks and have lost 14 lbs. I feel very motivated with it and don't feel deprived, because I still eat some of what I love in moderation. Good luck!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 05:02 PM   #4  

I've been on WW for 10 weeks and I've lost 23 pounds so far. I've averaged out about 2 lbs a week even though when I first started I lost 5 lbs the 1st week and some weeks I lost 3.5 lbs and only 1 the next... anyways... My goal was to lose 32 lbs. I've got about 9.5 more to go. The whole low carb thing is crazy hard!!! WW is perfect!!!!! You can definately do this. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:47 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 180/170/145

HI everyone

Wow Heather good for you.Are you working out as well or just doing WW.

Welcome Janice I am sure you will do great.

take care
Diane
Old 05-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #6  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Janice. You'll love WW and if you work the program you will lose weight eating the foods you like.

Last edited by GettinFit; 05-23-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:53 PM   #7  

I am working out everyday along with following WW. I try to earn between 3 and 5 activity points a day (usually comes up to 4). I love WW!!!! It works so well!!!!!!!!!! :-) Tomorrow will be week 11 for me. I'm looking foward to weighing in!

Heather
Old 05-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #8  
In it for life!

Hi everybody!

I'm new to this board but not to WW. First time I was on WW was yearsssss ago before I ever had kids. I'm tired of being "fluffy" so I'm doing something about it again.

I've been on WW since January of this year. So far I've lost 27.8 pounds. I will go weigh in this afternoon. I think I've done pretty well this week. I would like to lose faster but I have to remember I didn't get this way overnight and I'm sure not going to get rid of it that way either. And I don't want my skin to be all "saggy" because I've lost it too quickly. I don't bounce back as easily being 42 as I did when I was 22!

I need all the help I can get staying convinced that I want to be thin!

UPDATE!!

I weighed in tonight and have lost another 4.4 pounds. Makes 31.8 pounds lost so far. I'm even surprising myself!

Last edited by LindaB763; 05-25-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:26 PM   #9  
Freedom awaits us

Thumbs up How right you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaB763

I would like to lose faster but I have to remember I didn't get this way overnight and I'm sure not going to get rid of it that way either. And I don't want my skin to be all "saggy" because I've lost it too quickly.

I need all the help I can get staying convinced that I want to be thin!

UPDATE!!
I weighed in tonight and have lost another 4.4 pounds. Makes 31.8 pounds lost so far. I'm even surprising myself!
Linda,

I've been going to WW now for 3 weeks and have lost 9 lbs. I'm okay with it and the same as you would love to have it off quick but, you are right about not taking it off to fast. I've been trying to keep the mindset that even if it's 1/2 lb. or stays the same Hey I didn't gain any.

I was reading some the posts by 3FC Maintainers and they said that right from the get go while we are losing and keeping it off [the key is keeping it off] we too are maintainers. You should check them out the best ladies I found for information were [MrsJim, Meg, Mel]

Hang in there Linda, you've come along way 31.8 lbs. is a great accomplishment.

All the best.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:26 AM   #10  
In it for life!

Elaine,

How right you are about the "even if it's 1/2 lb. or stays the same you didn't gain any." That's one less 1/2 pound that you have to worry about getting rid of! I tried to remember that on the weeks that I only lost .2 or .4 pounds! I've learned what I need to avoid to keep from gaining (me and White Russian drinks DO NOT mix!).

So far it's been a fairly painless journey for me. I've had days I could eat all of my points for the day, extra points for the week, and probaby your points too!! But then I'd be hacked off at myself for destroying all my hard work.

I know there's a thin diva inside of me just waiting to get out!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

LindaB, Welcome to the WW board. There are a lot of wonderful ladies on this site and so supportive.
I've been on the WW for 5 weeks. I agree it is relatively painless and I too tell myself that even if I only lose .1 or maintain that's ok. Like you said, I didn't gain this overnight!
Elaine: Congratulations on your 9 lbs loss for 3 wks.
I only lost 1 lb for the last week, but I'm ok with it. That's 1 I don't need to worry about anymore.

Anyway have a great Memorial weekend and keep up the hard work.
Closed Thread